No announcement yet.

Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred with another 10 Points, 3 Assists, and 1 Rebounds in 22 Minutes, in another Raptors win, over the Pelicans
    The Assman

Comment

• It appears, Twitter has changed its tune tonight and people are eating some crow!
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        It appears, Twitter has changed its tune tonight and people are eating some crow!
        Fred has a way of doing that.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Fred's hard work has resulted in a solid increase in playing time. He has played at least 10 minutes in all 8 games so far in November (ranging from 10 to a high of 22 minutes last night).

He has a ways to go before he gets close to his ceiling but his progress has been steady and great to watch. Keep it up FVV!

Comment

• Looks like Delon Wright is out for a little while - ideal for Fred to grab the job and not relinquish it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Its odd though, reading through Twitter comments, it seems Raptors fans don't care too much for him..... In fact, almost every tweet I read was NEGATIVE towards his play and towards HCDC for playing him in crunch time.

I never trusted Canadians to begin with. #SaveFred
              The Raps subreddit loves him. I think with twitter, like all other topics, you see the vocal minority.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

The Raps subreddit loves him. I think with twitter, like all other topics, you see the vocal minority.
                That's good to hear.

Speaking of love, I would love to have one of those olds-school "Purple Dino" jerseys with Fred's name on it. Those are badass.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                The Assman

Comment

• I'm sure others have thought this and or said it but Fred's skill and contribution are not immediately visible. Especially to the average fan that sees athleticism before contribution and basketball skill. I remember several fans that used to just "rag" on Graham Hatch when he was clearly the best basketball player on the floor. Graham wasn't the best athlete but he was always doing the most with what he had. When I coached I always tried to separate these two ingredients; basketball skills / athleticism. Now we have a lot of "metrics" that help us identify these contributions.

Comment

• Comment

• Fred plays 24 minutes in a 100-91 Raptor victory over the Wizards. 3-9 from the field, 2-7 from 3, 2-2 free throws, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 TOs, +7.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        Fred plays 24 minutes in a 100-91 Raptor victory over the Wizards. 3-9 from the field, 2-7 from 3, 2-2 free throws, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 TOs, +7.
                        Raptors at Knicks on Wednesday!!!

Comment

• Fred handing out turkeys in his hometown

Comment

• I don't think Fred was personally handing them out but I believe he provided the 200 turkeys on his dime. Nice gesture. Not surprising.

Comment

• Fans just wish the staters could play all 48 minutes so they dread any moment the bench is on the floor

Comment

• Fred was not on the floor for ANY of the 0-28 run by the Knicks.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X