Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    No Fred. Apparently Toronto wanted to work on losing.
    Showcasing Delon Wright for a trade? Or, as you mentioned, just needed to work on losing. lol

Comment

• They have been periodically resting the rotation players. Lowry and Powell didn't play last game. DeRozan and Fred didn't play this one. Just rotating guys to keep them fresh while the games don't matter.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Fred seems to be the #2 PG for the Raptors this year.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Fred seems to be the #2 PG for the Raptors this year.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...cond-unit.html
          Ya’ll ever notice how Jordan and Lebron wear Fred’s number? #Goalz

Comment

• “It doesn’t really matter how we do it, right?” VanVleet said. “But I think (it will be about) pace and space and moving the ball, changing the speed of the game and playing a little faster and getting deflections and being disruptive defensively, if I could summarize it. Doesn’t really matter how we do it, we just can’t let the score go the wrong way.”
            And that will ease Casey’s mind considerably.
            “My whole thing is when you are a second unit, you have to increase the lead or maintain it. And as long as you do that, you are doing your job,” the coach said. “And as long as they do that, they will be a group that we have to look at to get out there.”
            Reminds me of Freshman Fred. Or as we called him, Stay-Ahead Fred.

Comment

• "Player Preview 2017-18: Fred VanVleet, the Underdog Shocker" - SB*Nation

As VanVleet enters his second season with Toronto, is he primed to become a rotation regular?

by Adam Iafrate
              Oct 12, 2017, 4:12pm EDT

"Fred VanVleet has always preferred to go about his business quietly.

As reported by Bleacher Report back in 2014, while most fifth graders in Rockford, Illinois were deep asleep, ten-year-old Fred VanVleet — draped by a 30-pound weighted vest — was running full-court scrimmages against his older brother. His day would start at 5:30 A.M, roughly three hours before meeting his classmates for school. It was a rigorous schedule, but one that VanVleet’s caregiver — Joe Danforth — insisted was necessary. He would tell Fred, “You're not going to be average. Anyone can be average. You’re going to be somebody.”

VanVleet’s Biological father was killed in a drug deal when Fred was just five. Danforth insisted Fred avoid a similar fate. The Rockford Police Department officer was often called crazy for his treatment of VanVleet, but Danforth knew that his tough love would prepare Fred for any curveball life could throw at him. He has been crushing curveballs ever since...."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                "Player Preview 2017-18: Fred VanVleet, the Underdog Shocker" - SB*Nation

As VanVleet enters his second season with Toronto, is he primed to become a rotation regular?

by Adam Iafrate
                Oct 12, 2017, 4:12pm EDT

"Fred VanVleet has always preferred to go about his business quietly.

As reported by Bleacher Report back in 2014, while most fifth graders in Rockford, Illinois were deep asleep, ten-year-old Fred VanVleet — draped by a 30-pound weighted vest — was running full-court scrimmages against his older brother. His day would start at 5:30 A.M, roughly three hours before meeting his classmates for school. It was a rigorous schedule, but one that VanVleet’s caregiver — Joe Danforth — insisted was necessary. He would tell Fred, “You're not going to be average. Anyone can be average. You’re going to be somebody.”

VanVleet’s Biological father was killed in a drug deal when Fred was just five. Danforth insisted Fred avoid a similar fate. The Rockford Police Department officer was often called crazy for his treatment of VanVleet, but Danforth knew that his tough love would prepare Fred for any curveball life could throw at him. He has been crushing curveballs ever since...."
                I get a kick out of the observation that "he will lose minutes situationally due to a lack of defensive capabilities, steals aside."

Comment

• Our stalwart FVV had a really nice line yesterday. 10pts, 4-8fg, 2-3 3pt, 6 assists, 1 reb 3 to, with the 4th highest +/- on the team in 19 minutes of action.

Comment

• Some glowing comments about Fred. I like to keep tabs on this blog to see how he's doing.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• FVV has learned to play angry on both sides of the court. On defense as a Shock he lead our team in steals for 3 Seasons. On Offense he was the best ball handler and assist man I have seen as a Shocker IMO. He has often been told he is too short to play but yet he defies such negativity and does his talking with his game. There is no quit in the warrior heart of Fred and we know he will take these opportunities to give it his all in all.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        FVV has learned to play angry on both sides of the court. On defense as a Shock he lead our team in steals for 3 Seasons. On Offense he was the best ball handler and assist man I have seen as a Shocker IMO. He has often been told he is too short to play but yet he defies such negativity and does his talking with his game. There is no quit in the warrior heart of Fred and we know he will take these opportunities to give it his all in all.
                        I really wanted to pick this apart, but@forevershockerfan: is about as good as it gets! Was going to say something like, “Best you’ve seen in your opinion? Who else’s opinion are you going to take on those you’ve seen?” But I will take the high road instead. ;)
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• First point guard off the bench for Toronto!

Comment

• Fred is playing on Cox 781 and Ron on 30.

Comment

• Fred hit his head hard on a layup. Haven't seen him come back in yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Fred hit his head hard on a layup. Haven't seen him come back in yet.
                                He's back in

Comment

Working...
                                X