Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing news! Honestly, I didn’t see him getting another shot. Looking at Washington’s depth and they have no one behind wall and Beal. He has the opportunity to carve out a nice role.

Comment

• This is great news for RB; look forward to watching him play for the Wizards. I don't know anything about the Wizards but trust this is a better opportunity for RB than remaining with the Knicks.

Comment

• So happy for Ron but the Wizards are having tons of internal turmoil that's been pretty ugly and gotten public. Not the best environment as far as NBA teams.

But no such thing as a bad job when there are only 350 to go around.

Good Luck Ron

Comment

• kcshocker11
          kcshocker11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cant get worse than the Knicks the last few years

• Wait one second... They are actually trying to change the culture very subtly by adding Trevor Ariza and Ron Baker... Bringing in two defensive hard nosed individuals who bring a 3&D aspect to their own games... Somewhat. But none the less... Very interesting trade deadline moves

Comment

• Very happy for RB. I could careless where in the NBA. Much better than not in the NBA.

Comment

• I've seen speculation that the Wizards are looking at Baker as being the PG on the second unit, although the term used was "distributor".
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Meaning they don't want him to shoot... understandable this year.

• Mike Kennedy said on the radio Ron was in town this week at the Shocker practice Monday. Mayhap he can inspire more 'Shocker Angry' play amongst these younguns. :)

Comment

• Hopping that this is a much better fit for Ron than the Nicks turned out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                Mike Kennedy said on the radio Ron was in town this week at the Shocker practice Monday. Mayhap he can inspire more 'Shocker Angry' play amongst these younguns. :)
                Perhaps that was some extra motivation for ES to make the head first dive for the ball. I know modeling Rob Barkers game was in his mind when committing. Guessing Monday was a big day for Erik. Very cool.

Comment

• Shockadaisical
                  Shockadaisical commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Who's Rob Barker?

• Wuzee
                  Wuzee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A good friend of Fred Velveeta's

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                Mike Kennedy said on the radio Ron was in town this week at the Shocker practice Monday. Mayhap he can inspire more 'Shocker Angry' play amongst these younguns. :)
                Ohhh I love the sound of that. I think Ron would be a better role model than Fred at this point. Ron has just continued to get harder while Fred's gifts have taken him to a very high professional level. Our players need to hear stories of struggle, perseverance, overcoming adversity, and just straight up bringing your lunch bucket every day. This is Ronald Delaine Baker personified. The last thing I want our current Shockers thinking about is how they're going to be the next Fred VanVleet (I'm talkin' to you Chance).

Now on the recruiting trail it needs to be all about Freddie, but once on campus we change our focus to the tough as nails bastard from Scott City Kansas.

I AM Wichita State!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• John Wall out for season.

Wizards star John Wall, who played through bone spurs in his left heel for more than a year, will have season-ending surgery, the team announced.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    This is Bakers shot. Time for him to step up and make some shots. If he proves he can be at least an adequate offensive player he could work his way to another deal.

Comment

• Unfortunately maybe not his shot. Didn't get into game last night. Wizards decided a short bench with 8 man rotation was better than having Ron in game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

This is Bakers shot. Time for him to step up and make some shots. If he proves he can be at least an adequate offensive player he could work his way to another deal.
                        agree

please Ron, shoot the ball....look at the rim

Comment

• Ron may be used exclusively for defense until he learns the Wizards offensive sets.....He will get some minutes

Comment

Working...
                          X