Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Can't feel too sorry fo Derrick. Should have played better in the 2008 Championship game.
    Isn't that whole season now voided? No surprise if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Yep, probably part of the reason Calipari jumped ship for Kentucky.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        Not the whole season. Pretty sure they went 0-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          I'm not going to debate whether or not the NBA is better or worse than it used to be. I think there are many who would recognize players are better than ever before, offensive schemes are more complex than ever, and there's a huge amount of young talent right now.

But even if it is worse... It would not be due to one fan not trusting the plus/minus. Plus/minus ratings are not particularly nuanced, and the smaller the sample size, the less valuable it is as a tool. NBA fans have access to tons of more advanced stats.
          you missed my point. The unreliability of the +/- is an effect of the change in the NBA game. You are right, whether its better or worse is in the eye of the beholder.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• This is an interesting stretch of play. Listen to the players freeze out Ron. Very interesting.

Watch "Walt "Clyde" Frazier and Mike Breen discuss the name "Frazier"" on Streamable.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              This is an interesting stretch of play. Listen to the players freeze out Ron. Very interesting.

https://streamable.com/w7q5r
              Huh? I just saw some sloppy play at the end of the game when the outcome was no longer in question.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

you missed my point. The unreliability of the +/- is an effect of the change in the NBA game. You are right, whether its better or worse is in the eye of the beholder.
                The unreliability of the +/- is an effect of the fact that there are 9 other players on the court at the same time as the one guy you're looking to evaluate (in addition to a number of other factors). It's just as worthless in college too.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  The unreliability of the +/- is an effect of the fact that there are 9 other players on the court at the same time as the one guy you're looking to evaluate (in addition to a number of other factors). It's just as worthless in college too.
                  kind of like how worthless this post is in addition to your previous one?

Comment

No, I knew what you were saying. I'm just saying that's not accurate.

The plus/minus in any level of basketball is particularly unhelpful at small sample sizes because of what Kel has said.

Comment

• I was enough of a fan to remember when an NBA All-Star was pretty competitive. Today's All-Star game is just a sequel to that AndOne series that used to be on ESPN. But less entertaining. Plenty of 3 on 1, or 3 on 0 fast breaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                        No, I knew what you were saying. I'm just saying that's not accurate.

The plus/minus in any level of basketball is particularly unhelpful at small sample sizes because of what Kel has said.
                        Maybe for any position other than point guard. When there is that much of a disparity between identical 2-5 with a different PG, it's pretty apparent where the issue is.

Edit: And you did miss what I meant. "But even if it is worse... It would not be due to one fan not trusting the plus/minus." One fan not trusting the +/- is not the cause of the decline of the NBA game. The general unreliability of the +/- in the NBA game is just one reaction to the actual cause of the change of the NBA game.
                        If you understand chemical reactions, reactions produce energy, generally in the form of light and heat. Using those markers, among others, a person can tell if a chemical reaction is taking place.
                        The unreliability of the +/- is a marker that something has changed in the NBA.
                        Last edited by shock; January 11, 2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Best thing for Knicks and Derrick Rose is to part ways

"Rose, according to two independent sources who spoke to the Daily News on the condition of anonymity, was such an emotional wreck Monday afternoon that his only solution was to abruptly leave the Knicks to be with his mother and his son. In fact, Rose's state of mind was such that for a brief time he talked about walking away from basketball for an extended period of time to clear his mind. That seems hard to believe since Rose is only 28 years old and could land a lucrative free agent contract this summer, something he talked about two years ago."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Best thing for Knicks and Derrick Rose is to part ways

"Rose, according to two independent sources who spoke to the Daily News on the condition of anonymity, was such an emotional wreck Monday afternoon that his only solution was to abruptly leave the Knicks to be with his mother and his son. In fact, Rose's state of mind was such that for a brief time he talked about walking away from basketball for an extended period of time to clear his mind. That seems hard to believe since Rose is only 28 years old and could land a lucrative free agent contract this summer, something he talked about two years ago."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/...cid=spartandhp
                            Put the pipe down and get some help young man.

Comment

• Man. Ron really did break the Knicks.

Comment

kind of like how worthless this post is in addition to your previous one?
                                Whoa, cowboy.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X