Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    The Knicks rescinded that RFA status. RB was a FA at that point.
    They only rescinded his status after an agreement was in place, he had basically had already committed to the contract that was later signed when free agency opened. The Knicks only rescinded to clear the cap hold in order to sign THJ, I can't imagine that if they wanted THJ $71 million bad enough, that having to just let Ron walk would have stopped them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Do you know for sure that they didn't have information regarding other teams value of Ron and if it would have taken that amount? Ron has a lot of intangibles that get overlooked (he's durable and rarely gets hurt, leadership, plays hard every play, smart player, plays defense) that are not a common commodity in the NBA.

I do agree that they over pay. See Hardaway.
      And he has cool hair and a charm that makes the girls swoon. That's worth a lot of jack! Why does this keep getting lost in the discussion?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Stop the presses! People in New York are complaining! Maybe people in Philly complain more than people in NY - maybe.

NNNNnnnnnooooooooo. Weeeeell ..... yes! No. Maybe! That's a tough one.

Comment

• RB golfing today at Cherry Oaks in Cheney

Comment

• Pay for future value, not past.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
              Pay for future value, not past.
              By this time next year he'll be considered a steal at that price!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                And he has cool hair and a charm that makes the girls swoon. That's worth a lot of jack! Why does this keep getting lost in the discussion?
                So true! If you are sitting court side, and he lands on your lap while going after the ball, he will very politely shake hands.

Comment

• About two years ago, I was getting groceries and a gal was adding up the damage for the green needed and the subject came up about WSU basketball. Imagine that? She was a WSU student had seen Ron Baker that week and was expressing how cheery and dreamy that was and was even giving goo goo eyes while speaking of him. I still had to pay full price for the fiddles but was entertained by her being so impressed with him.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    About two years ago, I was getting groceries and a gal was adding up the damage for the green needed and the subject came up about WSU basketball. Imagine that? She was a WSU student had seen Ron Baker that week and was expressing how cheery and dreamy that was and was even giving goo goo eyes while speaking of him. I still had to pay full price for the fiddles but was entertained by her being so impressed with him.
                    You should have told her that you hang out on the interwebs with your friend Kung Wu, who knows @pogo:, who knows @Ricardo del Rio:, who knows this shoe shine guy that works over Coach Marshall's shoes. Thus, if she were to have dinner with a fine gentleman like yourself, you would gladly pass on a note to Ron Baker for her.

Comment

You should have told her that you hang out on the interwebs with your friend Kung Wu, who knows @pogo, who knows @Ricardo del Rio, who knows this shoe shine guy that works over Coach Marshall's shoes. Thus, if she were to have dinner with a fine gentleman like yourself, you would gladly pass on a note to Ron Baker for her.
                      If she knew I was aware of you 3 young SN rock stars, she might have thrown canned food at this over-the-hill-and twice as dusty forevershockerfan. But wait!!! Did Ron Baker sign yourn famous Shocker basketball because you could loan that to me to show her to at least get a possible Senior Citizen Discount on my grub??

Comment

If she knew I was aware of you 3 young SN rock stars, she might have thrown canned food at this over-the-hill-and twice as dusty forevershockerfan. But wait!!! Did Ron Baker sign yourn famous Shocker basketball because you could loan that to me to show her to at least get a possible Senior Citizen Discount on my grub??
                        Yes he did, and no you mayn't.

Comment

Yes he did, and no you mayn't.
                          You are strict with that famous basketball. The value of it should go sky high too!!!!!!!

Comment

You are strict with that famous basketball. The value of it should go sky high too!!!!!!!
                            Coach Marshall was allowed to hold my balls, and he did so adroitly and as a perfect gentleman should -- respecting them and understanding what he was holding on to. He even smiled and shook my hand afterward. But Coach Marshall is special and I met him with the intention of allowing him to hold my balls, so that's a little bit different. But generally, I do not allow friends to hold them. And really, you should never ever even ASK to hold your friend's balls.

Comment

Coach Marshall was allowed to hold my balls, and he did so adroitly and as a perfect gentleman should -- respecting them and understanding what he was holding on to. He even smiled and shook my hand afterward. But Coach Marshall is special and I met him with the intention of allowing him to hold my balls, so that's a little bit different. But generally, I do not allow friends to hold them. And really, you should never ever even ASK to hold your friend's balls.
                              Well thanks for the unsolicited advice Mr. Kung So-Crates Wu. The words come to mind that the Kentucky player once said to RB--"you are a bad, bad boy". Yikes!!!!!!!

Comment

• Note to self: Ron Baker makes 11x more than the President salary.

Comment

Working...
                                X