Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SG 1 spot ahead of Ron on the depth chart just took a moving 3 while being guarded.

This is why only some NBA teams are fun to watch.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• RON FOR 3!!!!
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Knicks-Anthony-Rose= Team ball!
        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Well worth the wait! Good job RB!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Five points and 1 rebound; plays team ball on offense and defense, unlike the other two SG's. Hope he does not come down with the "me" affliction that is the Knicks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              Hope he does not come down with the "me" affliction that is the Knicks!
              Not bloody likely.

Comment

Hope he does not come down with the "me" affliction that is the Knicks!
                Well if he does that he won't be on the Knicks very long. They have enough "me" players, and the only one that should be that type of a player on the entire roster is Carmelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                  Well if he does that he won't be on the Knicks very long. They have enough "me" players, and the only one that should be that type of a player on the entire roster is Carmelo.
                  IMO even Carmelo should share the ball and play defense; I agree with Cdizzle, very unlikely RB will change his style of team play. I hope he is on a pathway of earning greater playing time.

Comment

IMO even Carmelo should share the ball and play defense;
                    Pssh. Whatever. Winning rings has followed him everywhere he's gone.

Comment

IMO even Carmelo should share the ball and play defense
                      When you're going to be 33, have bad knees, score 22ppg and have 23k career points you can avoid playing superb defense 100% of the time.

His assist numbers have actually gone up from 2.8 his rookie year to 4.2 last year, so he is passing more.

I don't want to turn this into a "Stick up for Carmelo" thread, so I'll just end it there. But if Ron decides to ball hog and not play defense, he won't be playing professional basketball for very long. That's all I'm getting at. Melo has earned the right to slack off on defense a little and shoot 20+ times a game.

Ron won't do that, so we don't have anything to worry about. He knows what got him to the NBA.

Comment

When you're going to be 33, have bad knees, score 22ppg and have 23k career points you can avoid playing superb defense 100% of the time.

His assist numbers have actually gone up from 2.8 his rookie year to 4.2 last year, so he is passing more.

I don't want to turn this into a "Stick up for Carmelo" thread, so I'll just end it there. But if Ron decides to ball hog and not play defense, he won't be playing professional basketball for very long. That's all I'm getting at. Melo has earned the right to slack off on defense a little and shoot 20+ times a game.

Ron won't do that, so we don't have anything to worry about. He knows what got him to the NBA.
                        There's a reason winning teams don't want him. Denver was a long time ago. I haven't seen him fight for a rebound in 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Pssh. Whatever. Winning rings has followed him everywhere he's gone.
                          Full disclosure - I do not watch or follow the NBA, watched last night's game only to see if RB got to play.

A long time friend of mine who does follow the NBA told me last night that Carmelo Anthony has the worst winning record in NBA history in NBA playoff games. After reading your post to him he wondered what winning rings have followed Carmelo anywhere. I know he won an NCAA Championship ring at Syracuse; so has he won any rings for his play in the NBA?

Comment

Playing superb defense is not a description I have ever heard used to describe Carmelo Anthony; Dennis Rodman owned that description or so I thought.

Comment

Melo has earned the right to slack off on defense a little and shoot 20+ times a game..
                              This statement bothers me. I'm not an NBA guy, mainly because this statement has truth to it. However, I don't remember superstars on great teams "earning the right to coast". None of the superstars on the Bulls coasted. Rodman wasn't the only one who played great defense. So did Jordan. The Spurs superstars didn't coast. Bad and mediocre teams have superstars who coast.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                This statement bothers me. I'm not an NBA guy, mainly because this statement has truth to it. However, I don't remember superstars on great teams "earning the right to coast". None of the superstars on the Bulls coasted. Rodman wasn't the only one who played great defense. So did Jordan. The Spurs superstars didn't coast. Bad and mediocre teams have superstars who coast.
                                James and Anthony both has 19 points. James on 14 shots. Anthony on 18 shots. As far as a coasting measure: James had 11 rebounds and 14 assists ... Anthony had 5 and 3.
                                Last edited by boltforge; October 26, 2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X