No announcement yet.

Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish we had some more height at the 5, but...

Our exploitation position seems be the 2 and 3. McDuffie will pose many problems at the 3 position.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
      If Hamilton and Willis happen to be on the floor at the same time, is there any chance the other team will get a rebound during that time?
      no
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

If Hamilton and Willis happen to be on the floor at the same time, is there any chance the other team will get a rebound during that time?
        There's a good chance somebody will get hurt, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          Roll the ball out. I am ready.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Just like last year some out there want to put the star label on a player way too early. Last year it
            was Taylor and Hamilton and this year it is Smith and Willis. Well, if Smith beats out CF and Willis
            starts we will be really REALLY good. Not saying it can't happen but I was one of the few early on
            who pointed out the flaws in Taylor & Hamilton. Bottom line is that a few have already painted
            Smith and Willis as big time players. Of the two, I would bet that Willis sees the court more but I
            will wait a couple games to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. Smith will be more athletic,
            faster, and probably a good defender. I'm waiting to see if he understands his role. I saw right off
            that TT did not. CF is not just a good shooter. He understands the game really REALLY well. That is
            so important for a PG. I stand by my prediction that he WILL start.

Comment

Probably whenever Hamilton and Willis knock each other off the ball. Eric can be dangerous to be around, regardless of which side you're on. Hope he can harness that energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Just like last year some out there want to put the star label on a player way too early. Last year it
                was Taylor and Hamilton and this year it is Smith and Willis. Well, if Smith beats out CF and Willis
                starts we will be really REALLY good. Not saying it can't happen but I was one of the few early on
                who pointed out the flaws in Taylor & Hamilton. Bottom line is that a few have already painted
                Smith and Willis as big time players. Of the two, I would bet that Willis sees the court more but I
                will wait a couple games to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. Smith will be more athletic,
                faster, and probably a good defender. I'm waiting to see if he understands his role. I saw right off
                that TT did not. CF is not just a good shooter. He understands the game really REALLY well. That is
                I'm not sure about stars but I think that Gregg is more concerned that we have players who complement each other. If neither of these two care if they start or if they come off of the bench, if they don't care what specifically their role is (defense, taking care of the ball, and rebounding comes first, assists next, and scoring will follow). I only remember one player (Cleanthony Early who was a score first player and other skill development followed) who Gregg gave more rope on the offensive end than our other players. However, Early had a great attitude, and I'm sure was working to improve the other areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  Just like last year some out there want to put the star label on a player way too early. Last year it
                  Taylor had a very difficult trial by fire. Not sure he couldn't have been a star here under different circumstances.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    Taylor had a very difficult trial by fire. Not sure he couldn't have been a star here under different circumstances.
                    Also ..Taylor and Hamilton were freshmen, Willis and Smith are juniors. I think it's fair to expect more out of them

Comment

• Nothing like having great depth at all five positions.

Comment

• I still like Conner and Landry in the backcourt and Markis as a forward and Shaq in the post. Zach at the three is probable...

Smith/Allen/Kelly/Willis will play a lot.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          That's all true but I think HCGM is just as concerned with who defends the opposing PG as who runs the offense.

Daishon Smith's first job is to never let a PG like Wes Washpun take over a game.
                          Or Paris Lee like he did last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I wish we had some more height at the 5, but...
                            C. Barkley
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
                              Anybody ever heard of the Ewing theory?

I think it will apply greatly to next year's squad.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711
                              Called it.

Comment

Working...
                              X