Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future

Great season, overcame injuries to make 5th straight NCAA, and 4th straight at least making round of 32. Balls bounce all different directions in the NCAA and it's tough for any team to consistently win. Really looking forward to next season though, people seem to have forgotten what WSU was doing before Baker/Fred ever stepped foot on the court. Can't wait to see the losers who think it's all because of two guys (granted they are certainly a large reason) eat a fat D next year. (obviously I'm talking about non WSU fans who want to see the shox disappear).

Not in any order of playing, just what I see as depth at each position:

G: Shamet, Frankamp, Allen, Smith, Reaves
    F: Brown, McDuffie, Keyser
    PF: McDuffie, Kelly, Hamilton, Willis
    C: Morris, Willis, Nurger

I think is a pretty dang stout team and already KNOW it will be better than rest of Valley next season.
    Last edited by Ta town; March 19, 2016, 02:49 PM.

Missing Tyrone Taylor.
    The Assman

Comment

Most important thing about next year is all these guys have experience and at least two years in eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        Missing Tyrone Taylor.
        Looks spot on to me...

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
          Looks spot on to me...
          Nothing offical yet. Same goes for Reaves of we are being completely accurate.
          The Assman

Comment

ESPN has already run a story on next year for WSU. They think despite being a re-building year the Shocks should still be good enough to win the valley again. Their line-up for next year:

Possible 2016-17 starting five
            G: Conner Frankamp (6.4 PPG, 1.0 APG)
            G: Landry Shamet (8.7 PPG, 2.7 RPG)
            F: Markis McDuffie (7.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG)
            F: Zach Brown (7.2 PPG, 2.8 RPG)
            F: Shaquille Morris (6.9 PPG, 3.4 RPG)

Link to the article: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...post?id=113259

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              Missing Tyrone Taylor.
              I'm not sure he is.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                Looks spot on to me...
                I'll be disappointed if TT isn't here for at least one more year. High ceiling. A lot of people are really down on him after a few games thrown into the fire as a freshman -- during tough ooc games, no less. Let's not close the book on TT just yet...

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
                  ESPN has already run a story on next year for WSU. They think despite being a re-building year the Shocks should still be good enough to win the valley again. Their line-up for next year:

Possible 2016-17 starting five
                  G: Conner Frankamp (6.4 PPG, 1.0 APG)
                  G: Landry Shamet (8.7 PPG, 2.7 RPG)
                  F: Markis McDuffie (7.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG)
                  F: Zach Brown (7.2 PPG, 2.8 RPG)
                  F: Shaquille Morris (6.9 PPG, 3.4 RPG)
                  I agree with this for the most part.

Landry, Markis, Shaq are "Locks". Frankamp probably close. The last spot is still up in the air, I believe.
                  The Assman

Comment

Fo next season, here is what I hope to see as follows:

1. Zach - Play more aggressive. Take the ball the hole. Pull up jumper. Spot up 3 ball.
                    2. Improve 3 ball consistency with target accuracy of 35% or better.
                    3. Find a way to recruit a 6-10+ big man. (Yes, I know this is easier said than done.)
                    4. More size at point guard.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

What about the JUCO situation? Any Hannahs or Raglands floating around?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The key to our success is obviously our Juniors. Shaq has stepped up this year. All I ask from him in the offseason is some conditioning.

As for Rashard and Brown. We are gonna need a LOT more from them. They both play great defense, but we need at least SOME offense.

As for Frankcamp, hopefully he'll be more aggressive since he won't have Fred or Ron to defer to.

As for Nurger, I just hope to see him as a good 15-20 min/game role player.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          What about the JUCO situation? Any Hannahs or Raglands floating around?
                          We already have him coming, in Smith.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                            Great season, overcame injuries to make 5th straight NCAA, and 4th straight at least making round of 32. Balls bounce all different directions in the NCAA and it's tough for any team to consistently win. Really looking forward to next season though, people seem to have forgotten what WSU was doing before Baker/Fred ever stepped foot on the court. Can't wait to see the losers who think it's all because of two guys (granted they are certainly a large reason) eat a fat D next year. (obviously I'm talking about non WSU fans who want to see the shox disappear).

Not in any order of playing, just what I see as depth at each position:

G: Shamet, Frankamp, Allen, Smith, Reaves
                            F: Brown, McDuffie, Keyser
                            PF: McDuffie, Kelly, Hamilton, Willis
                            C: Morris, Willis, Nurger

I think is a pretty dang stout team and already KNOW it will be better than rest of Valley next season.
                            I wouldn't be so sure about Hamilton being here next year. Sure, he has a lot of raw talent, but he's basically known the system for two years and still doesn't seem to get it. Does he get another year to see if that will be the year? Maybe he will be like Derail Green who improved a lot after he left.

And then there is Nurger. He's had a few flashes of potential, but he's nowhere near the type of player that Marshall needs to have.

Comment

Power forward position absolutely killed this team this year. Wessel and Kelly were such incredible offensive liabilities that it finally became fatal. I understand the intangibles they brought, but when you are playing four vs five on offense against good teams eventually what happened today is inevitable. I was hoping for improvement, but Evan was exactly the same player as a Senior as he was as a Freshman.
                              Next year Kelly HAS to learn how to finish at the rim. It does you no good to be able to get there if you can't convert through contact. Especially if you're going to shoot 60% from the line.
                              I thought Nurger had the look of a typical Euro stretch four last year, but his 0-fer from 3 for the season kind of squashed that idea. The lack of size for us next year probably makes it mandatory that he is exclusively a 5.

Willis' best position is power forward not center, but he'll probably have to play only center at WSU, just like Grady, who is also a forward. Wamukota's lack of development also killed us. It forced us to hardly ever be able to use Shaq and Grady at the same time because they had to spell each other. If Bush could have provided any productive minutes, Anton could have more often played his natural position.
                              I think the Shocks best hope for power forward is ERIC HAMILTON. He has the size and ability. We'll have to see if he can develop the trust of Marshall. His decision making seems to be lacking at this stage of his career. I bet now he wishes he had red-shirted this season.
                              Last edited by Zubcut; March 19, 2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X