Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    Here is Bill Self disagreeing about Evan's offensive ability.

I'm going to save this. Whenever I am feeling sad, down, or just need a smile, I will watch it.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Here is Bill Self disagreeing about Evan's offensive ability.

Was this right after Evan's fourth three ball or was it, during the spate of time-outs early in the second half?

Just wondering.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• How would you describe the facial expression of Coach Marshall in the video?

Amusement?
        Mild amusement?
        Secret gloating?
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          How would you describe the facial expression of Coach Marshall in the video?

Amusement?
          Mild amusement?
          Secret gloating?
          All of the above, with a helping of Cheshire Cat added for good measure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            Was this right after Evan's fourth three ball or was it, during the spate of time-outs early in the second half?

Just wondering.
            Five minutes to go or so. KU got a fast break layup off a steal. We had trouble getting the ball inbounded so Gregg called a timeout before the five-count. Bill didn't think the timeout came in time.
            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              last years team had 9 losses. i don't think this years team will have 9 losses.
              Last year's team had outside potential (not one of the 10 most likely, but in the next tier for sure) for a national championship. I don't think this year's team will have that same potential.

Comment

• Now that we're getting the "too early" and admittedly sketchy reports about the new guys, I'd like to propose another potential lineup.

Morris
                Willis
                McDuffie
                Frankamp
                Shamet

That lineup has a lot of potential for easy shots if Frankamp, McDuffie, or Shamet can get a step on their defender and then use the wall of Shaq screening for an easy shot. Play off those guys to prevent them from driving and they can rain 3's.

If a driver is cut off, there's probably a 3-point shooter unguarded at the arc or Willis is unguarded on the other side of the lane. Rebounding and defense for that group is unproven,, so that might limit that group's minutes.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• So many potential lineups, all of which could be opposition killers. This is going to be fun.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Now that we're getting the "too early" and admittedly sketchy reports about the new guys, I'd like to propose another potential lineup.

Morris
                    Willis
                    McDuffie
                    Frankamp
                    Shamet

That lineup has a lot of potential for easy shots if Frankamp, McDuffie, or Shamet can get a step on their defender and then use the wall of Shaq screening for an easy shot. Play off those guys to prevent them from driving and they can rain 3's.

If a driver is cut off, there's probably a 3-point shooter unguarded at the arc or Willis is unguarded on the other side of the lane. Rebounding and defense for that group is unproven,, so that might limit that group's minutes.
                    I always read posts like this and assume when listing players you list from the 1 to 5. I was really confused why you had Morris playing the PG position. I mean, I've seen the big man on fast breaks and well ... at least he finishes strong ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I always read posts like this and assume when listing players you list from the 1 to 5. I was really confused why you had Morris playing the PG position. I mean, I've seen the big man on fast breaks and well ... at least he finishes strong ..
                      I will tell you with great certainty that I was not proposing playing Frankamp at PF. Putting him there might confuse opponents because they wouldn't have a scout on him at that position.

Comment

Now that we're getting the "too early" and admittedly sketchy reports about the new guys, I'd like to propose another potential lineup.

Morris
                        Willis
                        McDuffie
                        Frankamp
                        Shamet

It's quite possible that those five could be the five best players next season.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Just listened to GM's recent press conference. As I thought would be the case, GM sounds like CF
                          is going to run point and LS is gravitating towards the two guard. I expect PA will play significant
                          minutes divided between SG and SF. Would like to know more about Willis and am excited to find
                          out from the Canada trip how he is going to fit in. Have heard he is pretty darn good. If he is then
                          I'm wondering about EH's role cause we know MM is going to play a lot...........if healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Just listened to GM's recent press conference. As I thought would be the case, GM sounds like CF
                            is going to run point and LS is gravitating towards the two guard. I expect PA will play significant
                            minutes divided between SG and SF. Would like to know more about Willis and am excited to find
                            out from the Canada trip how he is going to fit in. Have heard he is pretty darn good. If he is then
                            I'm wondering about EH's role cause we know MM is going to play a lot...........if healthy.
                            I thought it sounded more like Smith would be running point and CF backing him up. "Takes care of the ball and shoots well" sounds (to me) like the description of a role player.

Comment

• I love when we all try to interpret what 3G means when he says good things about players. So much better than trying to figure what he meant if it wasn't good things.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I thought it sounded more like Smith would be running point and CF backing him up. "Takes care of the ball and shoots well" sounds (to me) like the description of a role player.
                                I wonder if he just means that he plans for Frankamp to clean the basketballs and shoot whiskey really well?

Comment

Working...
                                X