WSU Versus Miami Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Miami will have to play their best game of the year if they want to have a chance against this group of SHOCKERS.
    The Miami team that beat Virginia, won at Notre Dame by 18, and beat Utah on a neutral court by 24 might disagree. Miami is really good. No reason to act like their B game couldn't beat WSU if the Shox don't start shooting better. Not saying Miami is better than the Shox, just that "must play best game of year to have a chance" is a little extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      The Miami team that beat Virginia, won at Notre Dame by 18, and beat Utah on a neutral court by 24 might disagree. Miami is really good. No reason to act like their B game couldn't beat WSU if the Shox don't start shooting better. Not saying Miami is better than the Shox, just that "must play best game of year to have a chance" is a little extreme.
      Not knocking Miami, however, in conference, they only played North Carolina, Louisville, and Duke once. Lost to NC on the road by 25 and had the benefit of playing Louisville and Duke at home, winning both games. Played Virginia 3 times, counting ACC tourney, going 1-2.

As I said, not a knock, as all these teams are high quality, but it's not a reach to think they would have gone 3-6 if they had played all these teams at least twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Not knocking Miami, however, in conference, they only played North Carolina, Louisville, and Duke once. Lost to NC on the road by 25 and had the benefit of playing Louisville and Duke at home, winning both games. Played Virginia 3 times, counting ACC tourney, going 1-2.

As I said, not a knock, as all these teams are high quality, but it's not a reach to think they would have gone 3-6 if they had played all these teams at least twice.
        Very true. Miami is not the most consistent team in the country. If "bad Miami" shows up I think we could easily have another game like last night vs Arizona.

I was merely pointing out that @AZ Shocker: was completely ignoring "good Miami" to say that they "will have to play their best game of the year if they want to have a chance". Miami has been plenty good on multiple nights this year to beat WSU by 10 if the Shox shoot poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          It's insane and infuriating. I'm concerned about our ability to recover.

If we play a fantastic 1st half, then a lethargic 2nd half ... I'm ... I'm ... I'm gonna wear a plaid shirt with striped pants! I'll do it!!
          Attached Files

Comment

We are 2 point favorites according to My Score app
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

While I do not disagree with your logic, Miami also lost to Northeastern (18-15), Clemson (17-14) and NC State (16-17), none of which I would consider to be much better than ISUr, which was our worse loss of the year. I'm not so sure they will win if they bring their 'true' B game.

Like you, though, I am concerned about the 3 point shooting. I'm also concerned that even though the 3's aren't falling, we still try to shoot them.

What about introducing the concept to some of these guys about considering driving a little and settling for a mid-range jumper if the 3-pointer isn't working?

Comment

Why on earth are we the first game of the day?...

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  We are 2 point favorites according to My Score app
                  Yep, opened as a pick em and early money pushed it to WSU -2 in a hurry.

It was interesting that we swung to a -1 favorite vs. Arizona shortly before tipoff.

Comment

WSU 64
                    Miami 47
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Jim's preparing his team for Mark. Gregg says "I'm not Mark"!
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Miami will be tough because they are a very good team but also because they have a very solid point guard (something Arizona did not have) and they have good experience (something Arizona did have).

Miami also had the advantage of being able to watch the Shockers live last night against Arizona which is usually much better then just watching a team on tape.

The fact the Shocks will be playing their 3rd game in less than 5 days would also seem to be a big advantage for Miami.

No doubt the Shockers will have to play well to win this game. The defense is a constant for this Shocker team. Perhaps the only thing that can derail that to any degree is foul trouble. The Shocks could make things much easier on themselves if they can knock down some perimeter shots. Hopefully, the Shocks energy and legs will hold up for one more game.

You can sense that Fred and Ron are on a mission to reach their ultimate goal but they will need some quality minutes from the supporting cast to make that happen.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          It's insane and infuriating. I'm concerned about our ability to recover.

If we play a fantastic 1st half, then a lethargic 2nd half ... I'm ... I'm ... I'm gonna wear a plaid shirt with striped pants! I'll do it!!

Comment

Takeaways from Miami's game with Buffalo:

Buffalo freshmen 6'8"/225 Perkins scored 20 and 6 rebounds in 23 minutes, 6'3"/170 Massenburg had 11 points in 29 minutes before both fouled out.
                            Buffalo sophomore 6'3"/160 Bearden had 19 points, 3 assists, and 3 rebounds in 36 minutes.
                            Buffalo junior Hamilton 6'6"/205 had 12 points and 9 rebounds in 31 minutes.
                            These 4 combined for 62 points/ 22 rebounds/ 6 assists of Buffalo's 72 points/ 25 individual rebounds/ and 8 assists.
                            Basically playing just 6, junior 6'5" forward Conner played 32 minutes and senior guard 6'3" Skeete played 21 minutes.

This was a very young, generally small squad that didn't turn the ball over (10 TO), but committed 26 PFs. They lead most of the 1st half, never lead the 2nd, only down double digits very shortly, getting back to 6. They were within 4 with 2 minutes to go before the foul-fest started.

Miami basically won the game at the line hitting 10 more FTs and out rebounding Buffalo by 13. Miami did have 4 more TOs.

Comment

Four Miami starters played over 30 minutes against Buffalo and they really only went 6 deep. They survived because they shot and made a lot of FTs. I got a good feeling about this one.

Shocks 64, Canes 56

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                                Angel vs Fred should be fun.

At least this time it will be for everyone to see and not behind locked doors.
                                Wasn't that the final 4 year?

Comment

Working...
                                X