WSU Versus Miami Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
    We got revenge against Vanderbilt for 2005. I'd love to get some revenge against Larranaga for 2006.
    Strangely enough, I'd be okay with you getting revenge on Coach L for 2006. I STILL can't believe we let him go (my Dad heard from someone that we wouldn't give him a long-term deal; I don't know all what happened, but someone at Mason screwed up).

Comment

Congrats from an ND fan who learned a lot about your team on here leading up to last year's tourney matchup. You guys are my team to pull for in this year's tournament, as I think my guys have a pretty hard ceiling with Demetrius Jackson still not being fully healthy. Good luck-- sorry y'all got underseeded yet again and put in the region of doom yet again.

Comment

Can anyone check if Fred passed Jason for 1st in all time steals or is close? If I'm right, he's 1 behind Jason counting tonight's 5 steals.

Comment

Originally posted by ND2010 View Post
          Congrats from an ND fan who learned a lot about your team on here leading up to last year's tourney matchup. You guys are my team to pull for in this year's tournament, as I think my guys have a pretty hard ceiling with Demetrius Jackson still not being fully healthy. Good luck-- sorry y'all got underseeded yet again and put in the region of doom yet again.
          Thanks. I think we thrive on the screw jobs we get year after year.

Comment

Well, the way I look at it, Miami is about the same quality offensive team as Az but may not be as good defensively. I think we win by double digits. God, I love this team! I will literally cry after their last game! There better be two spots in the rafters reserved!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTop View Post
              Can anyone check if Fred passed Jason for 1st in all time steals or is close? If I'm right, he's 1 behind Jason counting tonight's 5 steals.
              That's the count I have as well.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Scouting Video of Shocker Defense Sent to Miami Coaching Staff:

Comment

CBS site shows Miami +2 vs the team that was lucky to get in. Sounds about right to me. Mad respect!

Comment

Angel vs Fred should be fun.

At least this time it will be for everyone to see and not behind locked doors.

Comment

WSU 74
                      Miami 68
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

67 beaches
                        72 WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BEACHES! :)

Shox by 5, CF delivers the dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Would love to know if that short of a turn around has ever happened in the modern era of this tournament. Maybe it has but I can't remember when
                          It's insane and infuriating. I'm concerned about our ability to recover.

If we play a fantastic 1st half, then a lethargic 2nd half ... I'm ... I'm ... I'm gonna wear a plaid shirt with striped pants! I'll do it!!
                          Last edited by Kung Wu; March 18, 2016, 08:44 AM.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            It's insane and infuriating. I'm concerned about our ability to recover.
                            If I had any say in the matter (spoiler alert I dont) But if I did... I would let the guys sleep in a bit this morning.... and then be searching up and down the Providence area for cryo services in the area. That, watch game film and some work on a treadmill or bike should would.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                              If I had any say in the matter (spoiler alert I dont) But if I did... I would let the guys sleep in a bit this morning.... and then be searching up and down the Providence area for cryo services in the area. That, watch game film and some work on a treadmill or bike should would.
                              Massage, massage, massage. After they wake up at 10:30.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Would love to know if that short of a turn around has ever happened in the modern era of this tournament. Maybe it has but I can't remember when
                                I think I understand the NCAA's thinking on this now. The NCAA wanted the games called differently to de-emphasize defense to give the offense more freedom so that scoring would increase. One of the changes they made was to go to a 30 second clock. The Shocks looked at that and cheered. That's 5 seconds less they have to play defense per possession so they decided they could just play that much harder on defense. The NCAA probably doesn't like the aeshetics of having their elite teams that average 80 points per game struggle to put up 50. Just not pretty enough for he average viewer.

They probably read as I did last night that someone called the Shocks the Dracula Defense. They wear balck, they are scary as hell and the suck the life out of you.

Ahh, Hah the NCAA said. These guys are bunch of vampires. Let's make them play in the daylight and see if they will vanish.

Certainly, don't want teams and coaches getting the idea that playing balls-to-the-wall defense is a way to success.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 18, 2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X