NCAA Tournament - Wichita State vs. Arizona Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
    It seems the normal narrative after WSU smacks down yet another team with better athletes is "we just had a bad night, but clearly WSU is not that good". Well a writer in Tucson had a surprisingly different take calling the Shocks the best team Arizona played all year.

"...called a timeout 57 seconds into Thursday’s game as if to tell his befuddled team, basically, “Didn’t you hear a word I told you in the scouting report? They’re good. They lead the nation in defense. Didn’t you believe me?” But John Wooden couldn’t have drawn up a game plan that would have worked against Wichita State on Thursday night. It was the best team Arizona played all season, and it took 57 seconds to figure that out.

I've become convinced that media and fanbases often take after the tone set by a head coach. This has happened in unfortunate ways at a place like Illinois State, but Arizona is an example of what happens when a head coach gives a clear consistent message of respect of the opposition. Others follow that lead. When coaches are arrogant and dismissive, fans and the local media buy into that narrative as well.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• So I saw in Lutz's article where HCGM credited Jans for a good game plan. Whew. That made me feel better. I hope he's consulting on Miami as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        I've become convinced that media and fanbases often take after the tone set by a head coach. This has happened in unfortunate ways at a place like Illinois State, but Arizona is an example of what happens when a head coach gives a clear consistent message of respect of the opposition. Others follow that lead. When coaches are arrogant and dismissive, fans and the local media buy into that narrative as well.
        Truth.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Huggins just pulled a brilliant move we have seen before.
          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
            Huggins just pulled a brilliant move we have seen before.
            SFA wiped the floor with them

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
              Was gonna post this last night when i saw it. The figured maybe 1/2 a percent of the website would get it, the rest would asking about the gang affiliation
              That's just ridiculous. But, uhh, what IS their gang affiliation?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• That was a fun game by the way

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  D bag KU called in to sports daily called into the first 20 minutes of show and said "You realize KU did play yesterday too right?" SMH
                  How are a KSU fan and a KU fan alike?

Neither one went to KU.
                  Last edited by Wuchalk; March 19, 2016, 12:44 AM. Reason: left out a word

Comment

• Is it time yet? :)
                    Can't wait.

Comment

• It all works out for Miller.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        I liked him a lot more before he lost the weight, still looked like a young Jackie Gleason, and allowed me to mute the television and yell "Norton!" for kicks when he went after the refs.

Comment

Working...
                        X