• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bracket philosophy: "When in doubt, pick against the Big 12"

I also picked Yale.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      You may be right, it's me wearing down!! :)
      Agreed on 20 year olds' biology . . .If I could recover the way they seem to be doing I would have to change my handle to "RixtoysmilingalltheHellofthetime1".
      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Nurger a quieter hero tonight, but again he saved our ass with decent quality minutes when our front line got in foul trouble. I am stunned by his improvement on defense against some LEGIT big men in the tournament so far.

Rauno has become a MAN before our eyes this week.
        Practicing against Shaq and Anton and Hamilton without fouls being called is probably a very intense, urgent learning process.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• It seems the normal narrative after WSU smacks down yet another team with better athletes is "we just had a bad night, but clearly WSU is not that good". Well a writer in Tucson had a surprisingly different take calling the Shocks the best team Arizona played all year.

"...called a timeout 57 seconds into Thursday’s game as if to tell his befuddled team, basically, “Didn’t you hear a word I told you in the scouting report? They’re good. They lead the nation in defense. Didn’t you believe me?” But John Wooden couldn’t have drawn up a game plan that would have worked against Wichita State on Thursday night. It was the best team Arizona played all season, and it took 57 seconds to figure that out.

Comment

• did they show any locker room celebration for the shockers like they did after the vandy game?

I was watching cbs/tru/espn and didn't see one.

Trying to see if rome will have one on his show again

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              No it wasn't a bad question. You tell me how many people had Yale beating Baylor? what maybe 1%? Then take those numbers and see who had Baylor getting out rebounded by Yale? Not a chance in the world people could predict that. Baylor gave up.
              Not to belabor the point, but I also picked Yale. Because Baylor gonna Baylor.

Comment

no he didn't. He sounded and acted like a spoiled idiot. Maybe if he could answer that question honestly he wouldn't be sitting in that spot explaining why YALE beat a much more athletic Baylor squad. Let me remind you that YALE had not won an NCAA game in what 50+ years?

Snarky responses by losing players does nothing but make him sound like an entitled idiot.

Enjoy the bus ride to Waco young man.
                You're wrong, the reporter asked the question in a snarky manner, ignoring the fact that Yale is 20th in rebounding at 40.4 a game, he was fishing. His answer was just right, letting the reporter know he wasn't going to play his stupid little game, and didn't disrespect Yale while letting him know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                  Everyday in March when you wake up and have to Google the next game time is a great day.
                  I loved the interview with Katz with Marshall putting it in terms of we won-and-advanced from Dayton to the next site; now our task is to win and advance from Providence to the next site, wherever it is. That's the good feeling, win and advance.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                    Not to belabor the point, but I also picked Yale. Because Baylor gonna Baylor.
                    Me too "Big 12 gonna Big 12"

Comment

No it wasn't a bad question. You tell me how many people had Yale beating Baylor? what maybe 1%? Then take those numbers and see who had Baylor getting out rebounded by Yale? Not a chance in the world people could predict that. Baylor gave up.
                      I had them beating Baylor. I've said it all year, the Big 12 is overrated and Baylor might just be the most overrated team of them all. And thanks to KenPom I knew Yale could ball a little bit.

I actually have Yale over Duke too. I don't feel as confident about that one but we'll see.

Comment

sweet reply bro. Baylor lost to YALE. Yale may get rebounds and get them in numbers in their league. The same as Mock gets them for Evansville, doesn't mean anything in the tournament.

Baylor lacks passion, fire, and drive. The evidence alone starts with players trying to fight/scream at each other during the game.
                        Thanks.

Your tangent is null and void. Yale is a very good rebounding team. Matter of fact they are in the top 15 in the country. Whatever confrontation happened on the sidelines has no correlation with Yale being a better rebounding team.

The reporter who asked the question while maybe not his intent (im willing to give him the benefit there) asked in a way that was very condescending to the effect of 'How does Yale do this to a big 12 team" The question was appropriate the tact was not. Mr. Prince simply told the dude to GFYS. But he's the "entitled" and "spoiled"?

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                          D bag KU called in to sports daily called into the first 20 minutes of show and said "You realize KU did play yesterday too right?" SMH
                          YEAH, KU FAN. YOU BEAT DOWN THE 8TH BEST TEAM IN THE OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE. ZIPPITY DOO DAH!

These jackoffs are so insecure and jealous. Hopefully, there will be a lot of KU to talk about on the show Monday... after UConn commits a first degree assault on them.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            YEAH, KU FAN. YOU BEAT DOWN THE 8TH BEST TEAM IN THE OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE. ZIPPITY DOO DAH!

These jackoffs are so insecure and jealous. Hopefully, there will be a lot of KU to talk about on the show Monday... after UConn commits a first degree assault on them.
                            Ha.. What really gets me is I'll then see KU fans talk about how we always have to validate ourselves, right after one of them flips out at the mere idea that the best of the MVC is anywhere near as good as mediocre P5 teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Someone should have called in and asked how KU managed to give up nearly 80 points to the 8th place OVC team. Then ask how they plan on defending an actual good team

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                                What's the bet that Sean comes out with a fresh white T-shirt?? Lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X