NCAA Tournament - Wichita State vs. Arizona Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    D bag KU called in to sports daily called into the first 20 minutes of show and said "You realize KU did play yesterday too right?" SMH
    Pretty funny, there. KU fans in Wichita must be suffering from relative deprivation a.k.a. being butthurt for no reason. Everyone (except maybe Dave Loos and his players) expected KU to beat Austin Peay. Call in after you beat down someone who is REALLY good, not after beating down a second-rate team in a mid-minor conference who got lucky at the right time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      I acted the same way two years ago after the Cal Poly game. I don't recall going on social media to proclaim that my squad was the greatest thing since sliced bread because it beat a 16 seed.
      Yes, but then again you aren't a walmart tshirt wearing wannebe douchebag fan either.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Speaking of Baylor......I'm no fan, but Taurean Prince absolutely shut down that snarky reporter that asked him about how Yale out-rebounded Baylor. Well done young man.
        no he didn't. He sounded and acted like a spoiled idiot. Maybe if he could answer that question honestly he wouldn't be sitting in that spot explaining why YALE beat a much more athletic Baylor squad. Let me remind you that YALE had not won an NCAA game in what 50+ years?

Snarky responses by losing players does nothing but make him sound like an entitled idiot.

Enjoy the bus ride to Waco young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
          no he didn't. He sounded and acted like a spoiled idiot. Maybe if he could answer that question honestly he wouldn't be sitting in that spot explaining why YALE beat a much more athletic Baylor squad. Let me remind you that YALE had not won an NCAA game in what 50+ years?

Snarky responses by losing players does nothing but make him sound like an entitled idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Last I checked our fan base wasn't playing the game and have every right to be concerned about it. Toughness can only take you so far when your legs are shot. Ask Ron about the Iowa game.
            Last I checked our fan base is not playing the game. Thankfully. I'll take a handful of 18-23(?) year olds on "short rest" any day of the week. We're talking 3 games in 6 days. Much more rest than Iowa. Much more rest than stl. I understand there was travel mixed in, but they weren't walking. They weren't even in a bus. Private jets tend to be pretty plush. I mean at that age I was playing three hours of pickup ball every day. Yes very different, but they are athletes in their prime. This is why we have a bench even if Marshall doesn't recruit backups.

Comment

It was a douchey, pompous question to ask: "How does Yale outrebound Baylor?" When Yale is the #2 rebounding team in D1 (iirc).

Yeah, it was a petulant answer, but the only way to answer that question and NOT sound petulant would be to give effusive praise to Yale, and it is hard for young men, frustrated with a loss, to be that gracious on command. (Which is why we were so impressed with the Arizona guys last night).

Comment

• Watching replay this morning and if you've never seen a bulldozer fly check out the first half @16:40.
                Evan Wessel destroys an AZ player and leaves about a 20-ft swath of devastation behind him.

EW, after basketball I am begging you to consider http://usarugby.org/mens-eagles

I think your skills will transfer "nicely".
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

sweet reply bro. Baylor lost to YALE. Yale may get rebounds and get them in numbers in their league. The same as Mock gets them for Evansville, doesn't mean anything in the tournament.

Baylor lacks passion, fire, and drive. The evidence alone starts with players trying to fight/scream at each other during the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                    It was a douchey, pompous question to ask: "How does Yale outrebound Baylor?" When Yale is the #2 rebounding team in D1 (iirc).

Yeah, it was a petulant answer, but the only way to answer that question and NOT sound petulant would be to give effusive praise to Yale, and it is hard for young men, frustrated with a loss, to be that gracious on command. (Which is why we were so impressed with the Arizona guys last night).
                    No it wasn't a bad question. You tell me how many people had Yale beating Baylor? what maybe 1%? Then take those numbers and see who had Baylor getting out rebounded by Yale? Not a chance in the world people could predict that. Baylor gave up.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                      It was a douchey, pompous question to ask: "How does Yale outrebound Baylor?"
                      Yes, and HOW he asked it mattered too...I was a fair question, but the guy asking it had a serious attitude and deserved a snarky response, and got one.

Comment

Yes, and HOW he asked it mattered too...I was a fair question, but the guy asking it had a serious attitude and deserved a snarky response, and got one.
                        If that was the reasoning, then I could understand that part of it. I didn't hear him ask the question, just saw a vine of the Baylor player answering it.

Comment

No it wasn't a bad question. You tell me how many people had Yale beating Baylor? what maybe 1%? Then take those numbers and see who had Baylor getting out rebounded by Yale? Not a chance in the world people could predict that. Baylor gave up.
                          I PICKED YALE IN BOTH OF MY BRACKETS!!! YAY ME!!! :) :) :)
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I agree. I saw the question and the response. The reporter asked the question with a 'gotcha' mentality and tone. If people are offended by the player's response, they should also understand that for the player to be able to have the presence of mind to realize the trap that was being set for him and to answer in a manner that not only answered the question in the same 'gotcha' manner, but also to do it in a way that was not inappropriate shows to me that the young man displayed a high level of intelligence and ability to think quickly on his feet.

If I were Coach Drew, I would have been proud of him.

I think journalistic standards have gone downhill over the years. Unfortunately, instead of trying to be neutral and educate and inform, today's journalists also have to insert their employer's PC opinions and/or their own editorial opinions. Journalism should be objective. Save the opinions and 'feelings' for the editorial page.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              I PICKED YALE IN BOTH OF MY BRACKETS!!! YAY ME!!! :) :) :)
                              Me too. I'll take a bunch of Ivy leaguers that won 23 games over a team coached by Scott Drew every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                                Last I checked our fan base is not playing the game. Thankfully. I'll take a handful of 18-23(?) year olds on "short rest" any day of the week. We're talking 3 games in 6 days. Much more rest than Iowa. Much more rest than stl. I understand there was travel mixed in, but they weren't walking. They weren't even in a bus. Private jets tend to be pretty plush. I mean at that age I was playing three hours of pickup ball every day. Yes very different, but they are athletes in their prime. This is why we have a bench even if Marshall doesn't recruit backups.
                                You may be right, it's me wearing down!! :)
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X