No announcement yet.

Coach Marshall Advisory Committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSU has had a lot of very good seasons without Fred or anyone like him. Scheer, Van Eman, Moore, Carney, Braeuer, Hannah, Ragland, Armstead, just to name of few off the top of my head. A coaches job it to recruit talent, mold that talent into the best possible playing unit and win games. That requires utilizing different talents in different ways and not trying to replace a Call Hall with Carl Hall, Jr., but to develop the three-headed monster that allowed the team to succeed.

I will MISS Fred more than you can believe, but am looking forward to Conner, Landry, Taylor, Austin, Peyton, CJ, and all the rest and seeing how 3G puts them together to win 25-30 gmes next season.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
      Early in the season Marshall said he needed Ty to be a pg said he had enough shooting guards. This may not bode well for Ty as a Shocker. I hope I'm wrong. I've become a Ty fan. If it turns out that he doesn't stick here. I hope wherever he goes he finds a spot where his natural talents can be utilized. With Shamet and Connir both deemed combo guards and seems more highly regarded than Ty I'm not sure it's going to work out here. We haven't seen much of any of these players at the point. Shamet injured early and Connor as much as he played still saw very little point guard duty. If that is his hoped for position next season I think we would him get more minutes at the pg this season.
      Some have alluded to the team with and without Fred this season. Well next season is going to be without only. We have no one this season who look like Fred his freshman year. I'm sure Marshall will figure it out. But not without growing pains. I guess the question is how long will it take?
      None of the insiders here, or the outsiders either, seem to have a clue about who next year's point guard will be.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        None of the insiders here, or the outsiders either, seem to have a clue about who next year's point guard will be.
        Correct. the most important position on a team and we have no clue. Hopefully Marshall do. Whom ever it turns out to be I expect some growing pains. Unlike when Fred took over as a sophomore.
        We shall see. But it is a legitimate concern I think.

Comment

I kinda think Rags was under appreciated by Shocker fans.

He was a deadly 3 ball shooter and excellent dribble drive player.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Random question, but, did Cotton not graduate in 4 years in order to get a 5th year, or did he just opt to move on as to not cause more heart trouble to Ill st fans?
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Damn near 50% his Senior season
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Random question, but, did Cotton not graduate in 4 years in order to get a 5th year, or did he just opt to move on as to not cause more heart trouble to Ill st fans?
                ???
                The Assman

Comment

Huh?
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

That senior year was so remarkable. The only thing I could find fault with was his gargantuan blind spot for post pass entries.

We may never see another season like Ragland's from beyond the arc at that volume. Just incredible efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      Huh?
                      Dont you get an extra year of eiligibility if you graduate in 4 years? Like Grady.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Dont you get an extra year of eiligibility if you graduate in 4 years? Like Grady.
                        Everyone gets five years to play four years of basketball. The graduate transfer rule means if you graduate in four years, you are allowed to start your fifth year at a new school without sitting out. No one is allowed to play five years of basketball.

Comment

Ummm...no. You get five years to play four seasons. Tekele didn't use a redshirt year, so he had a simple four-year career. Anton had a medical redshirt year, so it took him a fifth year. Because he academically finished his degree in four years, he had the option to transfer to another university for grad school without sitting out to finish his eligibility.

JD beat me to it.
                          78-65

Comment

To be fair, it's easy to understand ShockerPrez's confusion. Nate Funk and Grant Gibbs combined for about 20 years of college basketball, so it was odd to see Tekele leave us so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              ???
                              That 5th year of eligibility only comes into play if you redshirted one of the previous 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                Ummm...no. You get five years to play four seasons. Tekele didn't use a redshirt year, so he had a simple four-year career. Anton had a medical redshirt year, so it took him a fifth year. Because he academically finished his degree in four years, he had the option to transfer to another university for grad school without sitting out to finish his eligibility.

JD beat me to it.
                                Got it. Yes, I was thinking of Gibbs, and wasn't aware Grady took a redshirt year. But I guess it makes sense with his injuries.

Thanks. Its Friday. My brain starts to ramble a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X