Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Marshall Advisory Committee

I would have advised Coach Marshall as follows:

1. Tell everybody except Grady to stop shooting the ball.
    2. Tell everybody that Ty Taylor would do the shooting.
    3. Tell Ty to either dribble drive to score and draw fouls or shoot 3 balls.
    4. Tell everybody else to guard and rebound.

I still have not looked at the box score so minor adjustments might be required. Probably not many. Probably hardly any. Maybe miniscule.

If someone had a better plan, post it.

I am still a Shocker fan. I attended my first Shocker game in 1962. I have been a season ticket holder, since 1963.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Sorry Ricky. You lost me at Ty.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Sorry Ricky. You lost me at Ty.
      At least he didn't say Rauno.

But, facts are that NOBODY else could make one.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Ricky might sound off his rocker, but one thing about Ty is that he has a knack for finding an open spot and getting a shot off. That's what we were missing against UNI and sometimes you gotta try something different. It would've been a big risk/reward move for 3G. I personally think the game was too close to take that type of risk, but it does make you wonder if something like that might have worked. I wouldn't have had a problem with Ty getting Conner's minutes in that game.

Comment

29.2% total FG%; 31.3% from 3.

This isn't mop-up time against Drake or Bradley. This was a Valley semifinal game against UNI.

Come on guys.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well, he's quicker than anyone we have, and he certainly coulda got his shot off, but I assume that this is not a serious suggestion.

Comment

RDR, always enjoy your posts so let me jump in with my own thoughts.

Grady fouled out which we did not want yesterday because he was feeling it on Offense. Shaq Wall also makes at least 1 or 2 fouls almost every game that have no Shocker redeeming value. This excessive fouling is not needed because we need one or both on the floor. Mr. Brown had an unusual bad day but I would like to see both him and MM on the floor more together some this Season and lots of time next.

Since I have never made one thin dime coaching, I digress, but more so because I am a man of few words and never have I ever been an All American at anything, but have had plenty of off days at work on executing as witnessed yesterday. I luv to express my opinions though and have tons of them when it comes to Shocker hoops. That's why we're here, right?
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

1. Give Fred his cape back
                2. Tell Zach Brown that Tekele is watching
                3. Tell Wessel not to hurt anyone unless they play for a P5 conf
                4. Keep It Simple Shockers
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

My advice to Coach is to make ZB hit a dang free throw.

Kidding aside, we don't need to put a close tournament game in the hands of an inconsistent freshman.

Take the loss like a man. Don't go looking for crazy what ifs.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Remove all firm grip from the trainer's bags.
                    Find a way to have two big guys under the offensive boards.
                    Understand that Fred is not the most athletic guy in the world and will have a hard time beating a double team for a final shot.
                    Figure out why we miss point blank shots. Any one of them would have made a difference yesterday.
                    Quit being pissed off in St. Louis. The fans feel it and the guys feel it. Doesn't help them play loose.
                    Disregard all Shockernet advice.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I honestly haven't seen Ty play enough...but when I have seen him...he kinda reminds me of that Washpun guy from UNI. Quick.
                      Last edited by AZ Shocker; March 6, 2016, 06:22 PM.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

CF is the best shooter 3G has ever coached. Thus, what can we do to get him more shots? Armstud was good and rarely had a bad game. FVV had 2 flat games at the Lew. When we played Ohio State and beat them at the Dance, both of these Shocker PGs out played their star point guard. When Fred is out Baker can play some solid minutes at the point. They are both All Americans and all up and down the record books for Shockers for various stats. Thus, we will play again this Season and the least of my worries are these 2 All-Americans. 3G was once National Coach of the Year so he will get us lined out. We will see what happens next Sunday
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I can't figure Ty out either. You can tell he's really quick and athletic. However, I don't know if it's fair to paint him with a broad brush as a shoot first and shoot a lot kind of player. I've only seen him in mop up duty and I think the kid gets so excited he's on the floor, his mentality is to do the most with the time he has. I think he's trying to make a good impression on coach by attempting to score as many points as he can and hopefully this will convince him to give him more playing time.

Obviously, I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and at practice. Something tells me he's doing something wrong behind the scenes that is costing him PT. Who really knows. We're guard heavy next season so somethings got to give.

Comment

My only advise to Coach 3G is to ignore the advisory committee. I feel very confident he will follow this advise.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                              1. Give Fred his cape back
                              2. Tell Zach Brown that Tekele is watching
                              3. Tell Wessel not to hurt anyone unless they play for a P5 conf
                              4. Keep It Simple Shockers
                              Fred's cape is actually an interesting topic.. The cape was addressed by Fred himself this year and pretty much everyone else affiliated with shocker nation because for some bizzare reason, if Fred's cape wasn't on this squad looked like they could lose to a high school JV squad.
                              I don't think that factor being on everyones mind was good. Fred started looking spooked after halftime because the cape was missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X