No announcement yet.

Ab-Normal Dementia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MVC always bestows the COY award to the best coach in the conference in a given season... always.

Sincerely,

Gene Stephenson

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      The MVC always bestows the COY award to the best coach in the conference in a given season... always.

Sincerely,

Gene Stephenson
      The MVC named the baseball COY award after a former Valley coach in 2012. They did not choose Stephenson. They did choose someone with a losing record as a head coach.

I think that pretty much sums up the Valley.

Comment

If HCGM doesn't get COY, it probably will be because of the logic that his conference record has worsened over these past three years, from 18-0 to 17-1 to 16-2.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          The MVC named the baseball COY award after a former Valley coach in 2012. They did not choose Stephenson. They did choose someone with a losing record as a head coach.

I think that pretty much sums up the Valley.
          Didn't the Valley name Wichita State the defensive team of the year in 2013, and not put any of our players on the all-defense team? Am I remembering that correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
            Didn't the Valley name Wichita State the defensive team of the year in 2013, and not put any of our players on the all-defense team? Am I remembering that correctly?
            None of our players were named the defensive player of the year and we were the defensive team of the year. http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal.../#.VtN8dZMrKlM

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Opposing fans always seem to ignore this fact when predicting their conference championship for the following season. You don't just have to make up a game on WSU. Somehow, between WSU getting worse and your team getting better, you have to be at least 5 games better than this year if you want to win the league. Illinois St. even did the hard part this year in splitting with WSU, which means they need at least 3 games of help.
              Not just that, but only 7 of 18 conference games for WSU were closer than 20 points. 2 losses (both close to 1 in 50 anomalies) and UE twice (3 & 13), @MSU (was 23 with 90 seconds left) and yesterday against ISU (was 25 late).

You can say what you want about what WSU loses, and I won't argue it's a ton, but everyone else has a LONG way to go to get competitive with WSU, much less pass them.

Barring recruits that don't immediately double or triple their skill set over the summer, UNI gets a lot worse, Evansville falls off the planet & Loyola is going to need a near miracle to improve. SIU doesn't have a lot of upside but could get a little better, then looking at a total rebuild.

Bradley should get better but they have a long way to go. Same with Drake. MSU could make a jump but coaching seems a problem. ISUb looks like a mess.

Illinois State COULD improve, possibly a lot. I like Lee as a FR and he's gotten better and better each year. Hawkins and McIntosh COULD be really good, BUT there are Redbird fans that have said since the start that Hawkins wouldn't be there after this year. I'd be surprised if both were on the roster this time next year. AND it's not like they don't lose anyone. Brewer gives them good minutes and is tough, McCloud is a great shooter and DAP is a top 15ish guy in the league.

Anyone that thinks, barring serious unforeseen player or coaching changes, there is going to be a change at the top of this conference is SERIOUSLY kidding themselves and ignoring a ton of factual evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                @Bluzrover, do you have a larger version of your avatar pic? If you posted it in a thread I didn't see it. Or the URL where it is from would be good too! Love it! #LYNH

Do we need some shirts printed up for STL with LYNH on it?

Now if we get the baseball team to pick up on this.

Found it on the Eagle webbie page this morning when I was perusing the online articles about yesterday's victory. Couldn't resist!

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                  They said the same thing after Cle and Carl left...
                  and after toure murry, kyles and stutz left

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    16-2
                    12-6
                    12-6

I imagtine the will be some "participation" ribbons getting passed around.
                    Ill State lost twice as many MVC games this year as we have the past three...

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                      Ill State lost twice as many MVC games this year as we have the past three...
                      Shh. Don't tell them that. They're the favorites next year and WSU is done.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Shh. Don't tell them that. They're the favorites next year and WSU is done.
                        1-12 didn't fare so well this year either. That makes two years in a row. What makes them think next year will be any better? Are they going to only finish 3 games behind us?

Comment

The last time WSU lost 6 games in conference, we made the F4. IllState has a great opportunity to start what the Shox have done in the last 4 years.

All they have to do is win Arch Madness, make the F4, go undefeated next year, play the NC and the NC runnerup in the tourney. It's all theirs for the taking. Al they have to do is just to do it.

Well, there is the thing about losing 3 conference games in 3 years AFTER playing in the F4.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            The last time WSU lost 6 games in conference, we made the F4. IllState has a great opportunity to start what the Shox have done in the last 4 years.

All they have to do is win Arch Madness, make the F4, go undefeated next year, play the NC and the NC runnerup in the tourney. It's all theirs for the taking. Al they have to do is just to do it.

Well, there is the thing about losing 3 conference games in 3 years AFTER playing in the F4.
                            And whine whenever they bite their tongue.

That's the key.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I've been gone for a few days so forgive me if this is already somewhere on SN. I watched the replay of the ILST game and at halftime Andy Katz said that he had interviewed Mueller. Mueller said something to the effect that his squad can win the National Championship. The delusion starts at the top with ILST.

Katz also said that he didn't think ILST could get past WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                                I've been gone for a few days so forgive me if this is already somewhere on SN. I watched the replay of the ILST game and at halftime Andy Katz said that he had interviewed Mueller. Mueller said something to the effect that his squad can win the National Championship. The delusion starts at the top with ILST.

Katz also said that he didn't think ILST could get past WSU.
                                Dan Muller was spotted in his Illinois State coaching gear on the drive to Wichita ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X