Ab-Normal Dementia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ab-Normal Dementia

If you just want to celebrate the good, I hear ya. Stay away from this thread.

But if you feel the need to embrace the hate, then read on, then pile on.

Special kind of crazy going on up there with Reggie and his minions.

Paris Lee is good thread morphs into he's better than Fred and Baker doesn't even belong on 1st team.

Quick discussion on All Conference. Muller COY and who gets screwed to give FVV or Baker a spot on 1st team?

Hmm...picked 4th, finished 3rd. 4 games out of 1st. Sounds about right for COY.

If ISU has the best athletes 1-12 in the league, then the ONLY plausible explanation for their finish is piss poor coaching, period.

Comment

If you wanna lose IQ points at a rate of 20 per minute, click on the links.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        If ISU has the best athletes 1-12 in the league, then the ONLY plausible explanation for their finish is piss poor coaching, period.
        The amount of oxymorons, hypocrisies, and excuses laid out over there would be enough to fill Washington, DC for the next 5 decades.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Illinois State making a really strong case for our new most hated conference rival.

They've certainly picked the right playstyle: talentless, foul-fest defense. I never thought I'd see a team out-SIU SIU.

Comment

When they overlook Evansville (again) and lose Saturday I will laugh my ass off. From the lux box.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
              Illinois State making a really strong case for our new most hated conference rival.

They've certainly picked the right playstyle: talentless, foul-fest defense. I never thought I'd see a team out-SIU SIU.
              We're something like 11-3 over the last 6 years against them. It's a pretty one-sided rivalry.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                We're something like 11-3 over the last 6 years against them. It's a pretty one-sided rivalry.
                True. "Rival" is a bit of a misnomer.

Comment

Sort of on the same subject, what do all the Valley fans say next year after we win the Valley? Right now they all seem to be doubling down on "you will suck without Fred and Ron." Do we just go back to "Marshall is leaving" ad nauseam?

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Sort of on the same subject, what do all the Valley fans say next year after we win the Valley? Right now they all seem to be doubling down on "you will suck without Fred and Ron." Do we just go back to "Marshall is leaving" ad nauseam?
                    They'll be too shell-shocked from Landry Shamet to comment.

Hey, a man can dream.

Comment

Those same Valley fans have that weird amnesia where they seemed to have forgotten that WSU was 30-6 against their ankle-biting schools in the two years before Fred or Ron recorded a minute of basketball at WSU. They gotta keep going with the mantra to give them something to hope for after their long offseason begins after next weekend.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Right after they beat us and made a run at 2nd place, I was fearing Muller might be the pick for COY just because the only other option would be HCGM. Now that everything sorted out exactly how it should in the Valley race, I don't see how you can give it to anyone but HCGM, even if you didn't want to. He can hang his hat on the 3-peat and the 4 game lead on 2nd place. Hard to beat that. If Muller could have gotten to 14-4 including a win over WSU, there was that chance he may get it. He's toast now...barring a moral victory situation.

Comment

Well.. They can't say we will fall off the year after, considering we will lose no scholarship players after next year

Comment

I think Illinois State really believed they had arrived after that fluke win over WSU. This game today was kinda wild at times when they were hitting tons of threes, but for the most part, WSU was destroying them every bit as badly as one of the Thursday MVC teams. They were not at all in this game. Without hitting 6 straight threes in the first half to open up the game (with absolutely ZERO other offense), it would have been so bad we'd need to call 911.

Comment

Never underestimate Doug Elgins' will to kill the goose to try and get the golden eggs.

Actually, my dark horse COY choice is Barrah for finally righting the ship at SIU.

Comment

Working...
                              X