Ab-Normal Dementia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    We're something like 11-3 over the last 6 years against them. It's a pretty one-sided rivalry.
    What's our record when we don't get punched in the nutsack?

I give them credit, there's almost NO WAY they could have avoided Fred's nutz today, but somehow they did. Well done Birds.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Sort of on the same subject, what do all the Valley fans say next year after we win the Valley? Right now they all seem to be doubling down on "you will suck without Fred and Ron." Do we just go back to "Marshall is leaving" ad nauseam?
      I even had a K-State fan bring it up to me. Everyone on the outside is convinced WSU is done when these guys leave. I guess it's just gonna be really shocking to everyone when they get slapped with reality.

Comment

This might get a little long. I apologize. I would post this on their board but I think that fan base is so delusional I would rather not engage them.

Their complaints about Marshall are hilarious. Every post about HCGM says how "whiney" he is and constantly in the ears of the refs. The next line of those posts, their coach should have tried to get T'd up to support his players. I can't be the only one that sees the humor in this. HCGM does exactly what they want their coach to do, but he, as one member called him, a "piece of ****".

They made a comment about how anytime wsu loses HCGM complains about the refs. First, I don't remember this happening at all this year. The only thing I can remember is him saying calls didn't go out way at SH. Second, how in the world can they criticize him even if that was true? Can they not read their own posts?

They honestly believe the only reason they lost is because of the refs? We were not great at the line today. They ignore how many offensive rebounds we got. They forgot how many times their team turned the ball over. Not only that, but I rewatched the game, and the only bad call against them was the play when our players took each other out. Every other foul that I can recall was a legit call.

also, what's up with their fans wanting their players to hurt other teams players? Classy move.

Sorry if this got kinda long. Kinda off topic, but whatever.

TLDR: **** the Redbirds and their fans.

Comment

Who's screwing with me? Who put a link to a fake message board and created a bunch of imaginary posts from imaginary moronic fans?

At least make the content not so far fetched that I can buy into what I'm reading.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
            This might get a little long. I apologize. I would post this on their board but I think that fan base is so delusional I would rather not engage them.

Their complaints about Marshall are hilarious. Every post about HCGM says how "whiney" he is and constantly in the ears of the refs. The next line of those posts, their coach should have tried to get T'd up to support his players. I can't be the only one that sees the humor in this. HCGM does exactly what they want their coach to do, but he, as one member called him, a "piece of ****".

They made a comment about how anytime wsu loses HCGM complains about the refs. First, I don't remember this happening at all this year. The only thing I can remember is him saying calls didn't go out way at SH. Second, how in the world can they criticize him even if that was true? Can they not read their own posts?

They honestly believe the only reason they lost is because of the refs? We were not great at the line today. They ignore how many offensive rebounds we got. They forgot how many times their team turned the ball over. Not only that, but I rewatched the game, and the only bad call against them was the play when our players took each other out. Every other foul that I can recall was a legit call.

also, what's up with their fans wanting their players to hurt other teams players? Classy move.

Sorry if this got kinda long. Kinda off topic, but whatever.

TLDR: **** the Redbirds and their fans.
            I can think of ONE time when HCGM really let loose and mentioned the refs blowing a game. That was the Stutz nut punch game. And they did blow that game in a way that was not debatable. Took our best player off the floor for a significant part of the game for something he did not deserve. Marshall was so angry he couldn't keep from saying something. That's the only time I've ever seen him cross the line, and I supported him in it because it was that bad. Illinois State fans only say he whines about refs because of that one time.... It's a complete exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I can think of ONE time when HCGM really let loose and mentioned the refs blowing a game. That was the Stutz nut punch game. And they did blow that game in a way that was not debatable. Took our best player off the floor for a significant part of the game for something he did not deserve. Marshall was so angry he couldn't keep from saying something. That's the only time I've ever seen him cross the line, and I supported him in it because it was that bad. Illinois State fans only say he whines about refs because of that one time.... It's a complete exaggeration.
              But didn't you know? Marshall taught our players how to fake that stuff!

Also, the McDuffie huddle situation was BS. It wasn't like MM wandered his way into the huddle. He was standing there and they made their huddle around him and then got mad. Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                But didn't you know? Marshall taught our players how to fake that stuff!

Also, the McDuffie huddle situation was BS. It wasn't like MM wandered his way into the huddle. He was standing there and they made their huddle around him and then got mad. Seriously?
                HC3.3GM taught me how to act like I got kicked in the face and fake a sexual assault. The perpetrator would be in jail. Instead the defendant had a basketball game to play. "I've been shitting pancakes ever since..."
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

You know, if I wake up in the morning and the Illinois State fans still hate WSU, then it's a pretty good day to be alive.
                  Last edited by rjl; February 28, 2016, 01:43 AM.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

That's a lot of butt hurt over there. I don't understand why, they have more losses this year than we have combined in the past two years. That bunch of knuckleheads have had delusions of grandeur since the Coach Jank days when he'd feast on the 200 plus non-con schedule to inflate their wins.

Comment

So would it be accurate to say that, in their minds, they are on par with '91 UNLV, just minus the success at the national, regional, or conference level?
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Who cares. Give the COY to Muller. It would figure anyway, given that this whole damn conference is a charity case and a freaking everyone gets a trophy league. Everyone knows who the big swingin dick in the conference is. It's not even a question.

But if someone thinks that FVV and Baker shouldn't be on 1st team, well I hate to say it, but without those 2, no one in the country would even know the MVC existed!

And over the past 3 years, all of you suck ass terds have managed to beat them all of about 4 times. Considering all you losers lost at least 6 times this year alone, maybe you should suck on that for just a bit. I'll wait.

Got it.

And also, I hate to burst your hope and dream of someday WSU falling, but it aint happening next year, or the year after. It's just gonna continue. So get used to it, because we are probably going to be better next year. And even better the year after that.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I even had a K-State fan bring it up to me. Everyone on the outside is convinced WSU is done when these guys leave. I guess it's just gonna be really shocking to everyone when they get slapped with reality.
                          They said the same thing after Cle and Carl left...

Comment

The Season we made the Final 4, we had just lost several key Seniors to the point we were predicted to land 4th in the Valley. That very Final 4 Season, we had far more players injured that Season than any other team that Danced by far. By Dance time that Season, all of our injured players finally returned except Wessel. We got hot at the Dance the rest is History.

Thus, we have more work to be done this Season and I am Not worried about next Season. With 3G at the helm, we will be fine.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think Illinois State really believed they had arrived after that fluke win over WSU. This game today was kinda wild at times when they were hitting tons of threes, but for the most part, WSU was destroying them every bit as badly as one of the Thursday MVC teams. They were not at all in this game. Without hitting 6 straight threes in the first half to open up the game (with absolutely ZERO other offense), it would have been so bad we'd need to call 911.
                              It was actually 5 of 6 and 6 of 8 AND they were STILL only TIED at that point in the game, 20-20.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                It was actually 5 of 6 and 6 of 8 AND they were STILL only TIED at that point in the game, 20-20.
                                Yeah if you open up a game shooting 75% from three after 8 attempts and you are still tied with a team hitting layups and free throws, you are getting owned. Their small run in the second half was the same way. They had little offense. If they weren't hitting a bunch of threes on broken plays, it may have been uglier than us playing Bradley or Mo State

Comment

Working...
                                X