Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we segue to fantasy football.

Nice.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Listening to sports guys on the media, I am becoming more and more concerned.
      Well I'm glad those "sports guys" are on the committee.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There is no doubt WSU will need some help to get a bid...

Comment

mm hmm

'sounds 50/50

Comment

tumblr_inline_mrngj3v8wF1qz4rgp.jpg
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              @S_WU_SH, I can only do my best to project what the committee will do, but in my opinion...

Best case: mid 30s
              Worst case: mid 40s

Let's say 40 on the dot.

Now you see why I'm so confident. I think Lunardi is too high having WSU in the upper 20s, but I think Jerry Palm is ridiculous to have WSU effectively around 50.
              I like the way you roll. :)

Comment

We may or may not get in but listening to Bob isn't a wise choice.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Here's what I struggle with "eye test" wise.

Give me 3 bounces. Conner's 3 at home, Freddy's shot at the buzzer and any of 14 things that could have gone right at Seton Hall (including bad calls).

3 Bounces. We're 27-5 and playing in the finals of the MVC. RPI around 20. Ken Pom who knows. But good. Ranked. Probably 17 or better. We're winners of 25 of 27 even losing to UE. That's a protected seed, 5 at worst. I find it hard to believe PERCEPTION or REALITY is protected to out of the tourney on 3 bounces. And you can't even begin to do the same thing the other way.
                  The Shox are in the position they are in because of one game, the NIU loss at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    @S_WU_SH, I can only do my best to project what the committee will do, but in my opinion...

Best case: mid 30s
                    Worst case: mid 40s

Let's say 40 on the dot.

Now you see why I'm so confident. I think Lunardi is too high having WSU in the upper 20s, but I think Jerry Palm is ridiculous to have WSU effectively around 50.
                    Maybe you've already explained this, but what do these numbers reference?

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                      The Shox are in the position they are in because of one game, the NIU loss at home.
                      when they shot the ball like a biddy basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        Maybe you've already explained this, but what do these numbers reference?
                        S curve.

Comment

@HenryMuto go start a blog.

You said you would come back in a few days and you came back in an hour. Fact is that you can't help yourself and stay off this board if you wanted to. You are a message board/fantasy sport crack addict who has no allegiance to this team or school and who thinks general basketball discussion is okay for this forum.

That's why you kept posting nonsense about Kentucky when no one gives two shits about them but you. If I went on the Kentucky board and acted in such a manner I would get drummed out in a matter of hours, if not minutes.

I've already spoke on your unoriginal schizophrenic bracketology. So you are a great candidate for a blog-link it and we will read it when we want to. You are fast approaching troll status
                          Last edited by shoxlax; March 7, 2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                            Or Fred's injury. Or Grady's injury. Or Shamet's injury. Or Seton Hall refs. We could go on and on and on...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Here's what I struggle with "eye test" wise.

Give me 3 bounces. Conner's 3 at home, Freddy's shot at the buzzer and any of 14 things that could have gone right at Seton Hall (including bad calls).

3 Bounces. We're 27-5 and playing in the finals of the MVC. RPI around 20. Ken Pom who knows. But good. Ranked. Probably 17 or better. We're winners of 25 of 27 even losing to UE. That's a protected seed, 5 at worst. I find it hard to believe PERCEPTION or REALITY is protected to out of the tourney on 3 bounces. And you can't even begin to do the same thing the other way.
                              This is the logic KenPom leverages in his ratings. He doesn't believe those "chance" events should impact your evaluation of a team.

Comment

I just don't see our inclusion in the tournament being a controversial issue. Almost every evaluation system has in the top 45. Skewing towards the most conservative scales keeps us safely in.

Unless we perfectly gamed the metrics this shouldn't be a hard decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X