2016 Atlarge Cut Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Well, Xavier did somehow get beaten pretty soundly by Creighton in Omaha. But I agree -- they look like a dangerous team, more so than some of the other prospective high seeds.
    I thought Xavier looked awesome in Orlando. Have not watched them since then, but they seemed to have all the pieces then.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
      Shox are going to win the Valley tournament. The only question, for me, is the seed they'll get. I'm guessing a 10 seed at this point.
      I would prefer a 10 seed over an 8 or 9 seed. But if we win out, I am afraid we will be seeded better than a 10 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Well, Xavier did somehow get beaten pretty soundly by Creighton in Omaha. But I agree -- they look like a dangerous team, more so than some of the other prospective high seeds.
        The difficulty this year is that A LOT of teams look dangerous and then falter unexplainably (even us, alas.) We need to play angry; I haven't seen a team yet so invincible that our defense, with a good (not even great) offensive output, can't stop them. Xavier included.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          It's not the number of posts it's the content of the posts. Take a look. He's obviously either a troll from another school or someone local who has a problem with Gregg Marshall.
          I am truly flattered you looked at my low post count and messages and decided I was a "troll or from another school or has a problem with Greg Marshall". Sorry to disappoint you, but your powers of perception appear to suck. I am a long time season ticket holder and personally friends with Greg Marshall. I have had dinner in his home before. Outside of his refusal to call time outs when teams go on 12 point runs, there is not a bad word in the world I can utter about the guy personally or professionally. He is the best coach in WSUs history and we are lucky to have him here.

I stand by my statement that we have to win next weekend or go the NIT. We were 6-5 out of conference. We have one very good win all season with Utah. Only three top 100 wins and two losses outside the top 100. We are being projected in the Dance as everybody assumes we win the tournament next weekend. On paper we should win it, but St Louis has not been friendly to us much over the last 20 years. If we lose next weekend, I fully expect the Shocks to get passed over by .500 major conference teams like Texas Tech who has six top 50 wins. There are pile of teams with records like that from major conferences and the Shocks will get passed over I fear. We had a very tough year out of conference mainly due to Van Fleets injury. It is what it is, but my opinion is we are not in good shape for an at large bid this year.

Thanks again for taking the time to call me names for having an opinion you disliked. I know I am just a lowly nobody with 50 posts on this board. I truly cannot tell you how impressed I am with your 3800 posts AndShock. Great job man. Seriously considering putting that on your resume the next time you switch jobs. Internet tough guys like you are what make message boards so much fun for the rest of us.
          Last edited by Speak2me; February 26, 2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I see you also lack the ability to read.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              I see you also lack the ability to read.
              Now come on man. Internet tough guys like you have to do better than that. You have a 3800 post reputation to uphold. Light into me. Come on, lets see the big guns come out. I am a lowly 50 post guy remember? Lets see what you got tough guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                Only three top 100 wins and two losses outside the top 100.

If we lose next weekend, I fully expect the Shocks to get passed over by .500 major conference teams like Texas Tech who has six top 50 wins.
                Texas Tech is currently projected as a 7 or 8 seed and ahead of WSU. Very poor example to back up your flawed argument. Clearly you haven't yet read my post criticizing @HenryMuto. I'm curious to know your thoughts once you realize the Shox are looking at 5, 6, or even 7 top 100 wins (not 3) and maybe 0 or 1 (instead of 2) losses outside the top 100.

EDIT: Based on your post right above this one, you are approaching troll status quickly.

Comment

You shouldn't take it so personal. I think everyone's just tired of people making the same argument you were trying to make, and ignoring all evidence to the contrary that people like JH4P are trying to present.

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                    I am truly flattered you looked at my low post count and messages and decided I was a "troll or from another school or has a problem with Greg Marshall". Sorry to disappoint you, but your powers of perception appear to suck. I am a long time season ticket holder and personally friends with Greg Marshall. I have had dinner in his home before. Outside of his refusal to call time outs when teams go on 12 point runs, there is not a bad word in the world I can utter about the guy personally or professionally. He is the best coach in WSUs history and we are lucky to have him here.

I stand by my statement that we have to win next weekend or go the NIT. We were 6-5 out of conference. We have one very good win all season with Utah. Only three top 100 wins and two losses outside the top 100. We are being projected in the Dance as everybody assumes we win the tournament next weekend. On paper we should win it, but St Louis has not been friendly to us much over the last 20 years. If we lose next weekend, I fully expect the Shocks to get passed over by .500 major conference teams like Texas Tech who has six top 50 wins. There are pile of teams with records like that from major conferences and the Shocks will get passed over I fear. We had a very tough year out of conference mainly due to Van Fleets injury. It is what it is, but my opinion is we are not in good shape for an at large bid this year.

Thanks again for taking the time to call me names for having an opinion you disliked. I know I am just a lowly nobody with 50 posts on this board. I truly cannot tell you how impressed I am with your 3800 posts AndShock. Great job man. Seriously considering putting that on your resume the next time you switch jobs. Internet tough guys like you are what make message boards so much fun for the rest of us.
                    You can't get all worked up when someone gives you **** on a message board. It's a message board - that is what people do here. He didn't really say anything that bad, he was just wrong I suppose. But I also don't agree with you. Could you please list these "piles of teams" that have such great resumes and will undoubtedly pass over us? Maybe you are right, but some specificity would help. Oh, and, hasn't Texas Tech already passed over us? They are an 8 seed or better in most projected brackets.

Comment

We might get in even if we lose the finals in St Loo. We might not.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        We might get in even if we lose the finals in St Loo. We might not.
                        Well, there you go. I think you've summed up this thread nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Tman87 View Post
                          You can't get all worked up when someone gives you **** on a message board. It's a message board - that is what people do here. He didn't really say anything that bad, he was just wrong I suppose. But I also don't agree with you. Could you please list these "piles of teams" that have such great resumes and will undoubtedly pass over us? Maybe you are right, but some specificity would help. Oh, and, hasn't Texas Tech already passed over us? They are an 8 seed or better in most projected brackets.
                          You know what, you are right. I took it way too personally. I am selling my company of 13 years and the transaction closes in 34 days. I am beyond stressed and a message board is no place to hang out on when you are like that. . I saw somebody call me names on a message board I have mostly lurked on for a decade and got a bit carried away. My apologies AndShock. My opinion on an at large bid appears to be in the minority and I hope you are all right and I am wrong. I will go back to lurking now and shut up in this thread.

Comment

With the personal friends I have, I at least know how to spell their name correctly.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

@Speak2me:, I thanked you for your last post, but I'd rather you respond to my questions now that you have more information, rather than slink away and stop posting altogether. Anyone willing to admit they screwed up and apologize is fine in my book.

Comment

And the last 2 posts perfectly summarize the differences between Fever and me.

Comment

Working...
                                X