2016 Atlarge Cut Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
    Now come on man. Internet tough guys like you have to do better than that. You have a 3800 post reputation to uphold. Light into me. Come on, lets see the big guns come out. I am a lowly 50 post guy remember? Lets see what you got tough guy.
    Judging by your butthurt reaction and dropping phrases like "light into me" and "let's see what you got", it appears that you are displaying the Internet tough guy personna nicely.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      And the last 2 posts perfectly summarize the differences between Fever and me.
      Cool story bro?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am truly flattered you looked at my low post count and messages and decided I was a "troll or from another school or has a problem with Greg Marshall". Sorry to disappoint you, but your powers of perception appear to suck. I am a long time season ticket holder and personally friends with Greg Marshall. I have had dinner in his home before. Outside of his refusal to call time outs when teams go on 12 point runs, there is not a bad word in the world I can utter about the guy personally or professionally. He is the best coach in WSUs history and we are lucky to have him here.

I stand by my statement that we have to win next weekend or go the NIT. We were 6-5 out of conference. We have one very good win all season with Utah. Only three top 100 wins and two losses outside the top 100. We are being projected in the Dance as everybody assumes we win the tournament next weekend. On paper we should win it, but St Louis has not been friendly to us much over the last 20 years. If we lose next weekend, I fully expect the Shocks to get passed over by .500 major conference teams like Texas Tech who has six top 50 wins. There are pile of teams with records like that from major conferences and the Shocks will get passed over I fear. We had a very tough year out of conference mainly due to Van Fleets injury. It is what it is, but my opinion is we are not in good shape for an at large bid this year.

Thanks again for taking the time to call me names for having an opinion you disliked. I know I am just a lowly nobody with 50 posts on this board. I truly cannot tell you how impressed I am with your 3800 posts AndShock. Great job man. Seriously considering putting that on your resume the next time you switch jobs. Internet tough guys like you are what make message boards so much fun for the rest of us.
        Had me with Greg Marshall and Van Fleets injury.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

You know what, you are right. I took it way too personally. I am selling my company of 13 years and the transaction closes in 34 days. I am beyond stressed and a message board is no place to hang out on when you are like that. . I saw somebody call me names on a message board I have mostly lurked on for a decade and got a bit carried away. My apologies AndShock. My opinion on an at large bid appears to be in the minority and I hope you are all right and I am wrong. I will go back to lurking now and shut up in this thread.
          Why ya quittin on Scentsy dude?
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

You know what, you are right. I took it way too personally. I am selling my company of 13 years and the transaction closes in 34 days. I am beyond stressed and a message board is no place to hang out on when you are like that. . I saw somebody call me names on a message board I have mostly lurked on for a decade and got a bit carried away. My apologies AndShock. My opinion on an at large bid appears to be in the minority and I hope you are all right and I am wrong. I will go back to lurking now and shut up in this thread.
            No worries. Congrats or condolences on the sale of your company. I have been through that process before - it is not fun even if you are making money.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Wait, I thought we were out of the running?

Already flipping or are you in a more stable state of mind?
              My beliefs haven't particularly changed. I thought our losses to Seton hall, uni and Illinois state were big black marks are our resume, and significantly affected our at large bid odds. The difference is that most assumed after each loss that we would go perfect through the regular season while I was worried that dropping even one bad game could be disastrous. We essentially are getting judged on a 20ish game season, so each game is way more important.

If we beat Illinois state, we'll only have one more loss to give and it will most likely be to an rpi top 100 team. There's no longer much chance that loyola or Indiana state Evansville us, however slight the odds in any single game it was certainly around 50/50 we'd lose a bad one at some point and we didn't have a bad loss to give.

Comment

Tier 1 conferences are set in stone.
                Tier 2 conferences each contain a single marginal shot at an atlarge. Worst case scenario would be the #1 seed making the finals and then losing.
                Tier 3 conferences contain multiple atlarge options. Hard to say whether the auto bid will go to a bid thief or not.
                Tier 4 conferences contain many atlarge options. Root against any huge underdogs winning the whole thing.

Tier 1 – Auto Bid Will Go To Unworthy Team (19)

These 19 auto bids are guaranteed to go to unworthy teams.This includes the MVC due to UNI’s win.

Tier 2 - Other probable 1 bid leagues (3)
                MAAC - Monmouth
                Horizon - Valparaiso
                Mountain West - San Diego St

Tier 3 - Limited Bid Leagues (likely 2-3 bid) (2)
                WCC – St. Mary’s, Gonzaga
                American - UConn, Temple, Tulsa, Cincinnati, Houston

Tier 4 - Elite Leagues (Guaranteed of at least 3 bids) (7)
                A10, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, Pac-12, SEC

Best case scenario, high seeds dominate conference tourneys from here on out and only 19 undeserving teams get auto-bids. The MVC becomes the only conference to send an undeserving bid thief (UNI), and the cut line falls right after the #49 team in the country.Realistically, I expect 2-3 of the tier 2 conferences to send an undeserving representative, but beyond that, I expect all Tier 3 and Tier 4 conferences to have a worthy team win their tourneys.

Projected cut line:
                #47 is dancing
                #48 gets sent to the NIT

Comment

So what # are we Jamar?
                  "Maybe one day we can be the No. 1 team in the country, the No. 1 seed and all that. I'm just excited for this year to be in the Sweet 16, have a chance to go to the Elite 8 next week."

-Gregg Marshall

Comment

@S_WU_SH, I can only do my best to project what the committee will do, but in my opinion...

Best case: mid 30s
                    Worst case: mid 40s

Let's say 40 on the dot.

Now you see why I'm so confident. I think Lunardi is too high having WSU in the upper 20s, but I think Jerry Palm is ridiculous to have WSU effectively around 50.

Comment

@S_WU_SH, I can only do my best to project what the committee will do, but in my opinion...

Best case: mid 30s
                      Worst case: mid 40s

Let's say 40 on the dot.

Now you see why I'm so confident. I think Lunardi is too high having WSU in the upper 20s, but I think Jerry Palm is ridiculous to have WSU effectively around 50.
                      Thanks Jamar. It gets difficult to interpret all of the pundits and information at times. I'll keep my expectations low for seeding but have a positive attitude about our chances for inclusion!
                      "Maybe one day we can be the No. 1 team in the country, the No. 1 seed and all that. I'm just excited for this year to be in the Sweet 16, have a chance to go to the Elite 8 next week."

-Gregg Marshall

Comment

Here's what I struggle with "eye test" wise.

Give me 3 bounces. Conner's 3 at home, Freddy's shot at the buzzer and any of 14 things that could have gone right at Seton Hall (including bad calls).

3 Bounces. We're 27-5 and playing in the finals of the MVC. RPI around 20. Ken Pom who knows. But good. Ranked. Probably 17 or better. We're winners of 25 of 27 even losing to UE. That's a protected seed, 5 at worst. I find it hard to believe PERCEPTION or REALITY is protected to out of the tourney on 3 bounces. And you can't even begin to do the same thing the other way.

Comment

No. WSU will almost assuredly have 6-7 top 100 wins if they finish 3-1, and still 5-6 even if they only finsh 2-1 and lose in the semis. It is highly likely one of their losses will bump up into the top 100 also. In fact, it is very possible that both might.

There are currently 2 MVC teams sitting at 102 and 109. 2 non con opponents are at 108 and 112. On the flip side, there is literally less than a 5% chance that any current top 100 opponents fall outside the top 100 by selection sunday.

@HenryMuto, you come on shockernet bragging time and time again about your past bracketology success, yet you don't even post your brackets such that bracketmatrix can track them. For a guy who claims to have won $200k in fantasy football, you aren't making a very trustworthy case.

If you were good at this, you wouldn't spew Jerry Palm nonsense about 3 top 100 wins. I defy you to show me a scenario where WSU only has 3 such wins on selection sunday. The truth is you can't. To make matters worse, I debunked this myth for you on this site a mere 24 hours ago.

Just stop with the nonsense.
                          What do you think I make this stuff up ? I don't have to have a web site or be in the bracket matrix to do this. I post my 68 teams and seeds every year before the selection show on multiple sites and I believe if I am not mistake you can go back and check it on this site as 1 of those I did it last year.

What do you mean "claim" to have won $200K playing fantasy football ? It isn't hard these days to find stuff when you can just google in someone's name but I will provide links for those who do not believe it to be true. In fact I should have had my 3rd $100,000+ pay day this year but AJ Green screwed me on the final Monday night week 16 vs Denver he scored me 0 pts in the 2nd half I needed just 3 pts to win it back to back years. (that's like 1 catch for 20 yards).

2014 - https://www.facebook.com/rtsports/po...26614640687033 - I shared a $200,000 prize with my teammate as we beat 2460 teams in a contest held by RTS

2012 - http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11640 - I won $100,000 in the NFFC (also finished 4th place as well was 1 play away the final play of the final game from finishing 1st and 2nd but fell to 4th on the final play)

Found the site I posted my 68 picks and seeds last year - http://hoopshd.com//boards/index.php?topic=148.165

I understand everyone here wants Wichita State to be in and I understand most of you get upset when anyone disagrees with anything about your team that might sound like it could keep them out of the big dance but to try and discredit my accomplishments because you don't believe what I say is true is something else.
                          Last edited by HenryMuto; March 7, 2016, 05:56 PM.
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Nobody cares. As tactful as I can put it.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                              What do you think I make this stuff up ? I don't have to have a web site or be in the bracket matrix to do this. I post my 68 teams and seeds every year before the selection show on multiple sites and I believe if I am not mistake you can go back and check it on this site as 1 of those I did it last year.

What do you mean "claim" to have won $200K playing fantasy football ? It isn't hard these days to find stuff when you can just google in someone's name but I will provide links for those who do not believe it to be true. In fact I should have had my 3rd $100,000+ pay day this year but AJ Green screwed me on the final Monday night week 16 vs Denver he scored me 0 pts in the 2nd half I needed just 3 pts to win it back to back years. (that's like 1 catch for 20 yards).

2014 - https://www.facebook.com/rtsports/po...26614640687033 - I shared a $200,000 prize with my teammate as we beat 2460 teams in a contest held by RTS

2012 - http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11640 - I won $100,000 in the NFFC (also finished 4th place as well was 1 play away the final play of the final game from finishing 1st and 2nd but fell to 4th on the final play)

Found the site I posted my 68 picks and seeds last year - http://hoopshd.com//boards/index.php?topic=148.165

I understand everyone here wants Wichita State to be in and I understand most of you get upset when anyone disagrees with anything about your team that might sound like it could keep them out of the big dance but to try and discredit my accomplishments because you don't believe what I say is true is something else.
                              Can I get a loan????:good:

Comment

Listening to sports guys on the media, I am becoming more and more concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X