2016 Atlarge Cut Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Here's what I struggle with "eye test" wise.

Give me 3 bounces. Conner's 3 at home, Freddy's shot at the buzzer and any of 14 things that could have gone right at Seton Hall (including bad calls).

3 Bounces. We're 27-5 and playing in the finals of the MVC. RPI around 20. Ken Pom who knows. But good. Ranked. Probably 17 or better. We're winners of 25 of 27 even losing to UE. That's a protected seed, 5 at worst. I find it hard to believe PERCEPTION or REALITY is protected to out of the tourney on 3 bounces. And you can't even begin to do the same thing the other way.

You forgot Bush's shot in Orlando. Four bounces.

Okay, three bounces and a 30 mph side wind.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      You forgot Bush's shot in Orlando. Four bounces.

Okay, three bounces and a 30 mph side wind.
      lol, thanks for the laugh.

That was quite another interesting play call to end the game with.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Maybe you've already explained this, but what do these numbers reference?
        Simply put, they are the rank the committee will give WSU when listing all teams 1-68. After factoring in the Chattanoogas and Northern Iowas of the world, who get auto bids despite resumes undeserving of an at large, the 68 spots are effectively about 47-48 spots. I think WSU will get around #40, a 10 seed. As long as they are top 47-48, they get in.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Here's what I struggle with "eye test" wise.

Give me 3 bounces. Conner's 3 at home, Freddy's shot at the buzzer and any of 14 things that could have gone right at Seton Hall (including bad calls).

3 Bounces. We're 27-5 and playing in the finals of the MVC. RPI around 20. Ken Pom who knows. But good. Ranked. Probably 17 or better. We're winners of 25 of 27 even losing to UE. That's a protected seed, 5 at worst. I find it hard to believe PERCEPTION or REALITY is protected to out of the tourney on 3 bounces. And you can't even begin to do the same thing the other way.
          Don't forget a bounce the other way on Carlson's three Saturday. If he misses closer, that turns into a brick and WSU wins in regulation against the UNIs, holding them under 50 -- no OT required.

Comment

Or the USC bank-3 in Orlando.

Lady Luck wasn't on WSU's side this season.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              Or the USC bank-3 in Orlando.

Lady Luck wasn't on WSU's side this season.
              Thanks, Shurtz -- forgot about that one. Banked threes don't seem to be a good omen for the Shocks. Kentucky had one a couple of years ago, too.

Comment

When a loss is Good?

Note that NI is now in the top 50 in both the AP and Coaches polls, so we now have two top 50 wins for the season, if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  When a loss is Good?

Note that NI is now in the top 50 in both the AP and Coaches polls, so we now have two top 50 wins for the season, if that helps.
                  Unfortuntely the "know-all" RPI system rates them at 71 ... so they aren't a Top 50 win. Poll are pretty much meaningless according to the committee.

Comment

Wow, have I been under a misrepresentation all these years.

So all this discussion that we have had over the entire year(s) is solely based on whether a team has beaten teams within the top 50 RPI, and not the poll rankings?

Comment

Working...
                    X