2016 Atlarge Cut Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    Hey, I disagree with the guy totally, but everybody(including you and me) had 50 posts at one time....I've never totally understood that posting history thing unless someone is trying to create a new identity....or just trolling...

just my thoughts....
    It's not the number of posts it's the content of the posts. Take a look. He's obviously either a troll from another school or someone local who has a problem with Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      It's not the number of posts it's the content of the posts. Take a look. He's obviously either a troll from another school or someone local who has a problem with Gregg Marshall.
      Likely both.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
        Win Saturday and we are in. Simple as that. Then win Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to remove all doubt.
        Wait, I thought we were out of the running?

Already flipping or are you in a more stable state of mind?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          That's half the resume, you are leaving out the 4 or 5 analytical rankings that rank WSU really high including KenPom at 9
          Does the NCAA use any of those analytical ratings? I know there are media pundits trying to educate the NCAA selection committee that there are analytical rating that are superior to RPI but it not clear they do use them yet. Here is WSU team sheet that the NCAA does use.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Does the NCAA use any of those analytical ratings? I know there are media pundits trying to educate the NCAA selection committee that there are analytical rating that are superior to RPI but it not clear they do use them yet. Here is WSU team sheet that the NCAA does use.

Per the mock selection thing they did earlier this month, they use 5 or 6 analytical rankings

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Per the mock selection thing they did earlier this month, they use 5 or 6 analytical rankings
              From what I heard on a basketball podcast who was on the mock selection said, he said they were available, but not necessarily used. He said they were trying to educate the NCAA and indicated that in a few years (of continued education) he thought they would get used more and more and supplant the RPI. Problem with RPI is when you look at the team sheets - RPI is ingrained in it.

Comment

Shox are going to win the Valley tournament. The only question, for me, is the seed they'll get. I'm guessing a 10 seed at this point.

Comment

Moving ever higher in KenPom -- I looked on there as I was starting this post, and WSU has snuck up to 8th (.9191 overall), just ahead of #9 Kentucky (.9188), and well ahead of #10 Duke (.9111). With Louisville at #7, that means there are only six (!) eligible teams ranked ahead of the Shocks in KenPom.

If some of the speculation on here proves true, WSU could end up with a higher RANK in KenPom than their seed in the tournament. Wouldn't that be a heck of a note -- and wouldn't it also be a pain in the butt for whatever highly seeded team has the misfortune to get the Shocks in their bracket the first weekend, knowing better than the selectors do just what they're up against?

Comment

Welcome to the conversation @Speak2me. I don't care about your post count, but the content of what you said is just wrong.

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                    I have yet to read a single pundit say WSU is heading toward at an at large bid currently.
                    Joe Lunardi currently has WSU as #29 overall and the best of the 8 seeds. If you want to talk national pundits, I'd say he's pretty much THE voice of bracketologists.

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                    We have to win it all next weekend or be prepared to go to the NIT. We are projected into the field as people are predicting we win next weekend. If we get knocked out of the valley tournament, I dont think we will see WSU in any more bracket predictions this year. Just my $.02.
                    The cut line will be around #46. You are saying a single loss in St. Louis will cause Joe to drop WSU by almost 20 spots?

Comment

‏@jessenewell: Xavier, 11th in KenPom, looks destined for a 1 seed. Wichita St, 9th in KP, looks destined for an 8. WSU likely favored in that 1-8 matchup.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                        I don't see how you are so confident that Wichita State is safely in.

1 top 50 win
                        3 top 100 wins
                        2 losses outside top 100

No. WSU will almost assuredly have 6-7 top 100 wins if they finish 3-1, and still 5-6 even if they only finsh 2-1 and lose in the semis. It is highly likely one of their losses will bump up into the top 100 also. In fact, it is very possible that both might.

There are currently 2 MVC teams sitting at 102 and 109. 2 non con opponents are at 108 and 112. On the flip side, there is literally less than a 5% chance that any current top 100 opponents fall outside the top 100 by selection sunday.

@HenryMuto, you come on shockernet bragging time and time again about your past bracketology success, yet you don't even post your brackets such that bracketmatrix can track them. For a guy who claims to have won $200k in fantasy football, you aren't making a very trustworthy case.

If you were good at this, you wouldn't spew Jerry Palm nonsense about 3 top 100 wins. I defy you to show me a scenario where WSU only has 3 such wins on selection sunday. The truth is you can't. To make matters worse, I debunked this myth for you on this site a mere 24 hours ago.

Just stop with the nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          ‏@jessenewell: Xavier, 11th in KenPom, looks destined for a 1 seed. Wichita St, 9th in KP, looks destined for an 8. WSU likely favored in that 1-8 matchup.
                          Xavier is one team I dont want to play in the first two rounds... Not sure why we would be favored.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            Xavier is one team I dont want to play in the first two rounds... Not sure why we would be favored.
                            I agree. I believe they are really good. I also believe they would take us seriously, something some, ahem, other ​schools might not do.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              Well, Xavier did somehow get beaten pretty soundly by Creighton in Omaha. But I agree -- they look like a dangerous team, more so than some of the other prospective high seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                                I don't see how you are so confident that Wichita State is safely in.

1 top 50 win
                                3 top 100 wins
                                2 losses outside top 100

1-5 vs teams that will either be at large quality or in consideration for the tournament (Tulsa, USC, Alabama, Iowa, Utah, Seton Hall)

What helps is a NC SOS of 4. That helps a lot but you have to win some of those games you won just 1 and it was at home.

You have the name "Wichita State" which will help and the injuries will possibly help but I am not feeling no where near as confident as you are that if you lose in the MVC tournament you are a lock to get in.

I hope you guys win the conference tournament and don't have to sweat it out but this sure doesn't feel like a lock to me.
                                I think WSU is safely in at this point in time, assuming we don't lose before the MVC Championship. Just glancing at the experts brackets right now, we are almost unanimously in the field. Sometimes they are wrong, but rarely are they all wrong. But no doubt, the margin is small, I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X