No announcement yet.

McDuffie at the Stretch 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDuffie is a perfect example of a case when we say something like "This season we've got Ron, Fred and Evan back along with a graduate transfer and some decent sophomores... If one of our newcomers can play at a high level, that will be the thing that takes us over the top and makes us elite"

Well, we've got one of those newcomers in McDuffie. Oh and by the way, there is STILL a cavalry coming in Shamet.

Comment

he is a big time weapon as a four. Raises our ceiling dramatically.

Comment

Imagine when Markis mentally puts it together. Right now, we get starter-level skills and next-level athleticism still cut with the freshman stupids. Once he works those out ... great googly moogly....

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          McDuffie looked good at the 4 again. Was anybody reminded of Cleanthony on the steal and dunk?
          gif of dunk?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            If McDuffMan can put about 10-15 pounds of muscle on this summer? Lordy...
            He's just a baby turning 18 a several months ago. I hope that it can happen this summer but he is going to be much more explosive in the future. IMO,he's the type of kid who will be here as a Junior. He was lucky enough to not be brought up by the neighborhood. His family is a good support system, he is a good student, and school is important to them.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              McDuffie looked good at the 4 again. Was anybody reminded of Cleanthony on the steal and dunk?
              yep

it's easy to hit rewind and watch it all right there.. but jesperson did not see that one coming/expect that finish. fast, ast, fst

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                McDuffie dribbles better.
                Not to be mean to a good player but ... he really REALLY needs to work on being able to dribble. Really.

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                  Not to be mean to a good player but ... he really REALLY needs to work on being able to dribble. Really.
                  There's some room for improvement in that department. I bet very few 6'8 guys can say they don't need work. But I agree that his handles are as good or better as Cle's as a junior. His court awareness and passing are way better than Cle.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    There's some room for improvement in that department. I bet very few 6'8 guys can say they don't need work. But I agree that his handles are as good or better as Cle's as a junior. His court awareness and passing are way better than Cle.
                    Cle could shoot it outside as well as anyone. He could score in big bunches. He was also an explosive jumper and stronger. But I agree that McDuff has much better handles and ability to pass. MM is not far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      He's just a baby turning 18 a several months ago. I hope that it can happen this summer but he is going to be much more explosive in the future. IMO,he's the type of kid who will be here as a Junior. He was lucky enough to not be brought up by the neighborhood. His family is a good support system, he is a good student, and school is important to them.
                      Being brought up by a good family doesn't mean he won't leave early. In fact, if given the opportunity, it would be irresponsible to not leave. If he has the potential to be a mid-first round pick and make $1-$2 million in a year, he should go. There isn't a single undergraduate degree that has earning expectations near that. If you delay your time in the NBA by a year or two, it's not like you can just work an extra two years to make up the lost wages. In the NBA you don't retire after 25 years, you quit when your body makes you. School will always be available; the pros won't.

He may still be here as a junior and a senior, but it's not because of how he was brought up. Your post makes it sound like guys like LeBron, Anthony Davis, Andrew Wiggins, etc. all should have gotten a four year degree, and the reason they chose to leave early was due to bad parenting.

Comment

I thought it was so ironic that two minutes after Bruce and Shane said he needed to work on his dribbling and his taking it to the hole, Markis goes Coast to Coast after a steal and throws down a huge dunk. How much longer do we have to endure those clowns?

Comment

On MMs handles: his skills are excellent in the open court and when given a little space. I've noticed that when he's at full speed he has trouble catching the ball and getting it on the floor. Same with driving under tight D. A little sketchy there.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                            I thought it was so ironic that two minutes after Bruce and Shane said he needed to work on his dribbling and his taking it to the hole, Markis goes Coast to Coast after a steal and throws down a huge dunk. How much longer do we have to endure those clowns?
                            Was it two or three times he turned it over when dribbling in traffic? He does need to work on that during the half court sets. I think the radio coverage has mentioned if he needs to take more than a couple dribbles in a half court set he has problems.

He is a good player. He has skills to work on as well.

Comment

MM likes that corner shot. One of these games when the Shocks are hitting on all cylinders, FVV will improve upon his assist total in a game. Last night, I never seen so many Panthers chasing Fred around. That is like the "kiss of death" because he will find an open Shock. Baker and CF made some nice entry passes too last night. MM is also tuning up and improving his defense and that always makes 3G happy as a lark.

Does a hobo like a ham sandwich, does Kung Wu treasure his signed Shocker basketball, does Frankamp have the green light to shoot the rock, is MM a playa, yes to all of the above multiple choice questions.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                                I like both of them and think they work well together. Shane compliments Bruce way better than others have.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X