McDuffie at the Stretch 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 110% View Post
    Maybe or maybe Marshall sees a bit of himself in Evan. Just a guy that's going to give his all, wants to contribute, and be a part of it all.

Meets the definition of projection:
    6. (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits and emotions are attributed to someone else.

This is why I said (and got hell for it) that in this particular case, he may be thinking with his heart rather than his head.

Note he has the right to do whatever he wants because he's our coach, but my guess is that this is a little unusual for HCGM, so it is obvious that he must really, really like Evan, which speaks well for Evan as a person.

I could see EW being a coach someday, as I also believe he has made the most out of the talent he has and he has a high BBIQ. Those traits transfer well into coaching.

Comment

i dont understand the evan hate man, he was probably the main reason we won the ku game...just saying
      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
        i dont understand the evan hate man, he was probably the main reason we won the ku game...just saying

I wasn't hating on Evan. He is an important part of this team. I do think sometimes that Marshall does think with his heart when it comes to Evan and that's fine with me...his heart has been damn smart over the last 5 years.

Comment

All this "Stretch 4" talk...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
            He played really well in that game. But again, a replacement player like McDuffie would have a better chance at doing that considering he is a 40% 3 point shooter and Wessel is a 27.5% 3 point shooter this season. No disrespect to Evan obviously, but we have better options. The problem on offense is that he's not a threat, and the problem on defense is that he's such a tweener and runs into matchup problems guarding the 3 and 4 positions (this is especially true in the tournament when we play good teams with size).
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Yes he can probably play the 2, 3, or 4 positions

Have enjoyed reading ideas and post from others since this site began.My favorite poster is forevershockerfan with his positive creativity and prediction threads.Anyway, Mr. Early and Mr. McDuffie have similar skill sets.Both can extend the defense with the 3 ball, they are smooth quick slashers, and they both can score around the basket.In my opinion Cleanthony was a little more explosive jumper, but McDuffie is a good jumper and will probably get more explosive as he works with our coaches and strength coach Rosenboom in the weight program.Cleanthony had a great back to the basket post-up game, Marcus may have that skill, but he has not been asked to use it by our coaching staff to this point.Marcus can take his man off the dribble in the half-court much better thanCleanthony did in college.
              Now the coaching staff has always said the difference between playing the 3 and 4 position is whether you can guard smaller players on the perimeter.Marcus has already proven he can guard and is improving steadily.I personally would like to see him play the 3 and create a mismatch problem in the shockers favor.Magic Johnson could have been a unique power forward with his unique size and strength, but I think he was quite special as a point guard and a devastating mismatch problem.Marcus is not Magic, but he is a tall versatile athlete with a good skill set on both ends of the floor.
              Last edited by homegrownshocker; January 15, 2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                Have enjoyed reading ideas and post from others since this site began.My favorite poster is forevershockerfan with his positive creativity and prediction threads.Anyway, Mr. Early and Mr. McDuffie have similar skill sets.Both can extend the defense with the 3 ball, they are smooth quick slashers, and they both can score around the basket.In my opinion Cleanthony was a little more explosive jumper, but McDuffie is a good jumper and will probably get more explosive as he works with our coaches and strength coach Rosenboom in the weight program.Cleanthony had a great back to the basket post-up game, Marcus may have that skill, but he has not been asked to use it by our coaching staff to this point.Marcus can take his man off the dribble in the half-court much better thanCleanthony did in college.
                Now the coaching staff has always said the difference between playing the 3 and 4 position is whether you can guard smaller players on the perimeter.Marcus has already proven he can guard and is improving steadily.I personally would like to see him play the 3 and create a mismatch problem in the shockers favor.Magic Johnson could have been a unique power forward with his unique size and strength, but I think he was quite special as a point guard and a devastating mismatch problem.Marcus is not Magic, but he is a tall versatile athlete with a good skill set on both ends of the floor.
                I wasn't able to read your post; thought I'd quote and repost. Welcome aboard!

"Have enjoyed reading ideas and post from others since this site began.My favorite poster is forevershockerfan with his positive creativity and prediction threads.Anyway, Mr. Early and Mr. McDuffie have similar skill sets.Both can extend the defense with the 3 ball, they are smooth quick slashers, and they both can score around the basket.In my opinion Cleanthony was a little more explosive jumper, but McDuffie is a good jumper and will probably get more explosive as he works with our coaches and strength coach Rosenboom in the weight program.Cleanthony had a great back to the basket post-up game, Marcus may have that skill, but he has not been asked to use it by our coaching staff to this point.Marcus can take his man off the dribble in the half-court much better thanCleanthony did in college.
                Now the coaching staff has always said the difference between playing the 3 and 4 position is whether you can guard smaller players on the perimeter.Marcus has already proven he can guard and is improving steadily.I personally would like to see him play the 3 and create a mismatch problem in the shockers favor.Magic Johnson could have been a unique power forward with his unique size and strength, but I think he was quite special as a point guard and a devastating mismatch problem.Marcus is not Magic, but he is a tall versatile athlete with a good skill set on both ends of the floor."
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks for the help, I had to mess up with my first post and impress all the regulars on the site.

Comment

I think starting Mcduffie would be great, not just offensively but all around. It seems every game he is improving and gaining confidence. I just don't think Marshall will take Evan out of the starting line up, Evan does so many things that don't go on the stat sheet that help our team, but in my opinion at this point I think starting Mcduffie over Wessel would be better. I still like the starting backcourt of FVV, Bake and Zach with Conner off the bench instead of starting.
                    #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      He can play four positions. Some better than others.

If Coach Marshall was in a bind, Markis can play the five in a bail out situation. Even there, he might surprise, weight notwithstanding.

His best talent might be instincts.
                      I agree - MM's instincts are great. Conner and Landry have excellent BB IQs as well. I mentioned elsewhere that I think Shaq is a very good passer and seems to understand the game well (really hoping he can stay on the court longer). The short of it - it's good to know we're going to continue seeing excellent, smart basketball in the next few years.

Comment

If our starting lineup 1-4 by March is FVV Baker ZB MM, that's so salty the 5th spot could be a traffic cone.

Comment

Let me give my CFRC on all of this. From what I read on here, this team is so talented and versatile, that there are many combos that Coach Marshall can use depending on the match ups, foul situations, and needs etc. each half of each game. Who will start? That has been consistent. Who will get the most minutes and be in at the finish? Now that might vary some. Most on here love the lion-heart and hustle of Wessel, the talent of MM, the improved D. of Brown, the sharp-shooting of CF, etc. Will Mr. Shamet return? If so, the minutes played will adjust again

It reminds me in College when we were all given instructions to write an essay. Five or more Professors graded the same finished product not knowing the grades the others put down and they compared notes. The biggest difference on one such paper was a grade of an A and the same paper a C.

With this 'Coaching From Rocking Chair' I do, when I see all the differences of opinions and the various logics used, it reminds me of the above study that was done on grading essays and how the grades varied on the same paper. Even so, that is why I enjoy SN because it makes me think out of the limited box I work from and expands my horizons. Sometimes, I can even see as clear as mud out of my rose black and yellow shades.

Last but not least, because I am a man of few words, tsk, tsk, you think we disagree about lineups this Season. Wait until next Season after losing 5 Seniors. I am already scratching my lil pea brain on that with the influx of new talent joining us in search of all of the minutes played by these 5.
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 15, 2016, 06:25 PM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            Meets the definition of projection:
                            6. (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits and emotions are attributed to someone else.

This is why I said (and got hell for it) that in this particular case, he may be thinking with his heart rather than his head.

Note he has the right to do whatever he wants because he's our coach, but my guess is that this is a little unusual for HCGM, so it is obvious that he must really, really like Evan, which speaks well for Evan as a person.

I could see EW being a coach someday, as I also believe he has made the most out of the talent he has and he has a high BBIQ. Those traits transfer well into coaching.
                            Why are you being so insulting towards Marshall? Saying he has a psychiatric disorder is the wrong way to present your argument! Do you insult everyone you disagree with?
                            Last edited by wufan; January 15, 2016, 10:23 PM.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                              I agree with all of this. MM is a better ball handler. Cle was a better jumper. Cle was thicker than MM. MM is more slithery in mid-air. He can get a circus shot off from almost any side of the basket with his long arms and hang time.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

I just wish shocka khan was our coach instead of 3G. The knowledge he displays is just...uh...

Comment

Working...
                                X