No announcement yet.

McDuffie at the Stretch 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDuffie makes us a better team when he is on the floor, and that's the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
      Thanks for the help, I had to mess up with my first post and impress all the regulars on the site.
      Don't change the color of the text manually. White text is invisible in the mobile app.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Stop and think a moment, Markis never left the bench at Tulsa. He has come so far. He will, I believe, get his minutes off the bench this season. Something that probably bothers him far, far less than some posters.

Now, comparing Cle and Markis. Remember we first saw Cle as a junior. Markis was only 17 at the start of the year.

Markis will be a better ball handler. Cle was pretty much catch and shoot.
        Markis will have very respectable assist numbers, something not at the top of Cle's toolbox.
        Markis will be a better defender. Cle had to be taught defense. Markis already shows good defensive instincts.
        Markis will be a better rebounder. Again a matter of instincts and nose for the ball.
        Markis will be much more capable of playing multiple positions. Cle was a 3.5 to 4.5. Markis could go 2 to 5 before it's done.

Cle was a lot of fun when he was here and did great things for WSU basketball. Markis, with some muscle and weight, could go to a whole other level.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Gregg is the best coach in WSU history. I have watched our program through the 90's when we were almost always below 500. Sorry Shaka. I usually don't name call but in your case, I'll make an exception. You're an idiot

Comment

I do not expect McDuffie to exhaust his 4 years of college eligibility.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I agree with this. I can also see Rashard being a fill-in at the 5 as needed. He's a little undersized but is a similar player to Carl Hall - just hasn't figured out how to get the putbacks to fall in. 3G said after the game that McDuffie was the only one capable of finishing under the basket. I don't see how 3G doesn't do a little more experimenting the next few games.
              I kinda thing Rashard Kelly might be the next Evan Wessel, assuming that Coach Marshall continues with the "dirty job" theme at the 4. Only better. Clearly Coach Marshall likes him.

I am purely guessing, so don't chop my head off.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I like Rashard. He's consistent, but close to being good.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  Meets the definition of projection:
                  6. (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits and emotions are attributed to someone else.
                  According to Wikipedia a "defense mechanism" is
                  A defence mechanism is a coping technique that reduces anxiety arising from unacceptable or potentially harmful impulses.
                  So how does Coach playing Evan meet the definition of projection, exactly? You are claiming that Coach not playing Evan would cause unacceptable impulses that cause him tremendous anxiety.

Dude.

Coach is far more likely to see himself in, say, Zach Bush than Evan, isn't he?

If Coach has anxiety, it's from recruiting and trying to figure out what pieces to put on the court at any given moment that will result in a win. Not playing Evan if he has a better alternative does not give Coach anxiety, I am sure of that. Sorry for the double negative, so let me rephrase: Coach will not become anxious if he has a better alternative than to play Evan -- in fact he would probably be euphoric.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

McDuffie looked good at the 4 again. Was anybody reminded of Cleanthony on the steal and dunk?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

McDuffie as a freshman is rivaling on Cle as a junior.

Ok, maybe not quite that close but you get the picture.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        McDuffie looked good at the 4 again. Was anybody reminded of Cleanthony on the steal and dunk?
                        Yes.
                        "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Yeah, he has that same great acceleration on the fast break as Cle along with the awareness to be in the right position to get some easy steals

Comment

If McDuffMan can put about 10-15 pounds of muscle on this summer? Lordy...
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

McDuffie dribbles better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                If McDuffMan can put about 10-15 pounds of muscle on this summer? Lordy...
                                He might not be here as a junior.

Comment

Working...
                                X