No announcement yet.

2016 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Seth Davis finally replied to Kellen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
      Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Seth Davis finally replied to Kellen.
      AND...................

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
        Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Seth Davis finally replied to Kellen.
        Link???
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Watch Palm closely. He's gone in one week from WSU out with a loss to a maybe they have a high seed with the loss. Soon, he and Lunardi will be very close.
          Yep, the waffling has begun. WSU somehow improved their stock after the loss to UNI according to Palm.

He's already trying to save face.

Too late.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            Link???
            Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 6h
            6 hours ago
            @KelMoney24 that was a very impressive tweet storm! Sorry I missed it, went to bed. You lost me when you cited margin of victory. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              ...Also, your political "identity" puts you in the weirdo camp.

Swap that out to something NCAA basketball related, gather your strong arguments, present them in a respectful way, and do something good for WSU!
              Come on, KW -- you already knew he doesn't want Trump to be president, he's all in for Jamar Howard. Where have you been all these years?

Sorry; way off topic, I know. But I'll try to redeem it with a tip of the hat to JH4P for his arguments, regardless of his diplomacy (which the Hairy One didn't seem to mind anyway).

Edit: also just noticed Engineer's link to Seth Davis, in which Davis voluntarily abandoned his credibility by rejecting margin of victory. Too bad -- you just can't do that. Reasonable people can disagree about how much it matters and how it should be weighted. But reasonable people can't argue that it's irrelevant.
              Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 8, 2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                AND...................
                And the tool blew off the entire argument because he mentioned margin of victory. The guy is looking for cheap Gottlieb heat this week.

Comment

• Here's a good listen on a CBS podcast in which Matt Norlander, Gary Parrish and Sam Vecenie argue the reasoning behind Wichita State getting into the Big Dance. Pretty solid discussion with each taking turns why they think they'll make it in and why they think they won't. They start off with the Wichita State discussion and it lasts for the first 24 minutes of the podcast.

If you have 24 minutes, it's most definitely worth a listen:

Comment

• The argument that margin of victory is 100% irrelevant is insane. Literally insane considering "eye test" is allowed and accepted as part of the criteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                      And the tool blew off the entire argument because he mentioned margin of victory. The guy is looking for cheap Gottlieb heat this week.
                      He just mentioned the road wins @UCLA and @george:town as quality wins because they were true road games. I asked if he then considers wins @UNI and @UE as quality wins since they are higher in the RPI. Doubt I'll get a response.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                        Didn't know where to put this, but don't know how UNI is on par now with WSU.

Andrew Logue ‏@AndrewMLogue 13h13 hours ago

UNI on par with WSU after Washpun's shot .... http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ight/81449620/

https://twitter.com/AndrewMLogue/sta...64838879518720
                        What in the holy hell is that?

"Co-dominance"? lol Apparently, the writer is playing the role of an ignorant fanboy. Did he forget about the Loyola sweep? This guy is smoking some fine corn seed if he thinks WSU and UNI are on the same level. It's really not that close.

I wonder if his outlook would change if Washpun's clanker didn't drop through. And I'd hardly call that a "scrapbook shot". Clanking that one off the back rim and it taking a fortuitous bounce is not the best way to announce DOMINATION. It was typical UNI though. An ugly ass shot that had no business going in somehow found the bottom of the net.

Give me a MFing break.
                        Last edited by ShockerFever; March 8, 2016, 01:13 PM.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Margin of victory and style of victory is now all of a sudden frowned upon? lol

These losers are making things up on the fly to try and save their asses. This is honestly pretty amazing.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jazuz I'll be glad when this week is over, regardless of the outcome. And as for our two favorite pundits, not sure Gottlieb would fellate Palm, but I bet he'd hold it in his mouth til it went soft.

Comment

• If you click the link you get Team Rankings bracket, they have WSU in as an 11 with 48% chance to make the tourny....In other words with no major conference tourny upsets WSU should be good to go. I think 11 is about right for WSU's body of work so lets hope they are correct.

BRACKETOLOGY

The NCAA Tournament bubble is a scary place, and these teams live there

Last edited by WillieJeffJeffries; March 9, 2016, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• South Dakota St? The same team that has a KenPom of 80, will have an RPI of 50 if they lose tonight, and lost 5 games outside the top 100 (will be 6 if they lose tonight) including a loss to #282 UMKC?

What is going on in the world? Trump? Jerry Palm? South Dakota St?

Help!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X