Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Bracketology

Lunardi has Wichita State at #35 in his latest seed list:

...28-Utah, 29-Ind, 30-Conn, 31-NDame, 32-Bay, 33-TTech, 34-SoCal, 35-WICH, 36-Cincy, 37-GWash, 38-Texas, 39=SHall, 40-Flor, 41-Mich (L4)...
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

We don't have to be perfect from here on out, but we do need to be pretty damn good.

Comment

I still think we're in. The committee will forgive the non-conference debacle because of the fact that we were missing so many key players, but this team can afford very few slip-ups in conference play. I'm not even going to guess on seeding. The important thing right now is to get through conference play healthy and then make a run in the Lou.

Comment

Beat SIU.

Everything else really doesn't matter today.

Comment

Yup. Win this day. Think about tomorrow tomorrow.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

WSU is up to #23 in Kenpom following the win at SIU.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Nice recognition from Pomeroy for now, but I suspect this otherwise resounding win will become less impressive as the season goes along and more people realize, as a couple of the Saluki visitors on here obviously already do, that SIU isn't quite as good as their current record would indicate.

Then again, who knows what will happen when IlSt shows up in Carbondale this week? I know the Birds are the most talented team in the league 1-12 and all (and thanks for that bulletin board material -- how obtuse do people have to be to keep saying stuff like that?), but it's anyone's guess where things go from here. Which IlSt shows up; does SIU rebound with some fire, hoping to show that today's game was a fluke; or is this year's Saluki magic now gone to the point where they slide into mediocrity the rest of the way? The Valley may not be too imposing this season, but it looks reasonably tough compared to the SIU schedule so far.

Until the realization sets in that SIU isn't quite all that, however, this one and especially the score in a road win may start to refocus some eyes when it comes to WSU.

Comment

Just keep winning. The rest will take care of itself.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

KenPom is a quant model, not a subjective ranking based on one individual's eye test. A statistically dominant road thrashing of a team ranked ~120 on his model is what earned the bump.

It is not that this particular system overrated SIU based on a gaudy record, it is that we played exceptionally good offense and defense from an efficiency standpoint in a slow tempo game on the road against an okay team. That is really hard to do, and it was the sole genesis for improving our ranking by 11 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Nice recognition from Pomeroy for now, but I suspect this otherwise resounding win will become less impressive as the season goes along and more people realize, as a couple of the Saluki visitors on here obviously already do, that SIU isn't quite as good as their current record would indicate.

Then again, who knows what will happen when IlSt shows up in Carbondale this week? I know the Birds are the most talented team in the league 1-12 and all (and thanks for that bulletin board material -- how obtuse do people have to be to keep saying stuff like that?), but it's anyone's guess where things go from here. Which IlSt shows up; does SIU rebound with some fire, hoping to show that today's game was a fluke; or is this year's Saluki magic now gone to the point where they slide into mediocrity the rest of the way? The Valley may not be too imposing this season, but it looks reasonably tough compared to the SIU schedule so far.

Until the realization sets in that SIU isn't quite all that, however, this one and especially the score in a road win may start to refocus some eyes when it comes to WSU.
                    Maybe, except that Kenpom didn't have SIU wildly over-ranked going into the game (they had been #105, they are now #126). Plus, unlike RPI, Kenpom's rankings include how you win not just who you beat and if our offense and defense continues to be as efficient as they were yesterday, I think we will continue to do well in metrics like Kenpom.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'm a fan and have the luxury of looking way ahead. This team looks like it will continue to grow and improve by leaps and bounds and just like recent squads go on a long run. If we run roughshod through the conference and god forbid win in St Lewis it's possible to still earn a decent March seed.

I'm not scared to throw this out there, mainly because I think this team is (or will be as good as) it's recent predecessors...Lets say they drop 1 or 2 more games this season (including St Lew) What's their seed? What if they win out?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

If Coach Hinson is taking suggestions for improvement in play, I would suggest the permanent benching of Smithpeters.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

One game at a time. Take care of business at MSU. Get big men to attack basket more when
                          they get good low post feeds - they are too timid. I hate fade aways including RB's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            If Coach Hinson is taking suggestions for improvement in play, I would suggest the permanent benching of Smithpeters.
                            That kid was terrible!

Comment

Haven't we seen this before??
                              Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X