Evansville game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    Crazy people on the radio show complaining about the crowd. I don't get it the crowd sounded great the entire time from my TV.

And this John guy who called is a complete idiot. And Missouri does end in an A.
    The crowd can be more rowdy in certain areas vs others but I have one thing to say about this. Assuming these individuals were at the game, they could cheer their arse's off and encourage those around them to do the same and I guarantee they wouldn't be complaining.
    Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; January 6, 2016, 10:16 PM.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Ron Baker is drawing more defensive attention than a rock start from our foes. Yes, he could still score more than he does and our opponents don't want him to have the rock. RB is the king of team play. He rarely forces the game with all of this attention but rather just goes with the flow in the confines of team-team-team!!!!!!!
      I think he needs to start attacking more. I'd like him to force it a little more so long as he can avoid some bad turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        I feel like I'm with you but not quite. Some of the spectacular plays were wide open attempts that need to happen. We left at least 6 points off blowing those wide open spectacular plays.

Two fouls out in the wing, especially Evan's with 1 second left on the shot clock were bullshit bail out fouls. But yeah, we do get some dumb ones some times - most teams do.
        Don't get me wrong, I like the spectacular as much as anybody. We should take advantage when opportunities present themselves. It seems to me that some guys are passing up easy plays for something that makes the fans go ooh and aah. That's going to cost us sooner or later.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Why don't they show the other Valley scores at halftime or TO's anymore? Instead it was a run through of the Top 25 scores at halftime in which they spelled it "Seaton Hall" instead of Seton Hall. Maybe it's the same intern who spelled it "Saint Lewis" instead of Saint Louis a few years back.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
            I think he needs to start attacking more. I'd like him to force it a little more so long as he can avoid some bad turnovers.
            I think that and then I watch him hold up the shot, pass to Fred, 3pts

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Ron Baker is drawing more defensive attention than a rock start from our foes. Yes, he could still score more than he does and our opponents don't want him to have the rock. RB is the king of team play. He rarely forces the game with all of this attention but rather just goes with the flow in the confines of team-team-team!!!!!!!
              I mean even his wide open shots aren't even close. I don't know if he's worn out or what

Comment

• Went to th game with my uncle and sat in 117 general admission. Was fairly loud at times in that area and crowd sounded pretty good most of the time.

EW, Ron, Fred for stretches all played REALLY Poorly compared to what we all expect.

EW and Fred on defense at times were HUGE liabilities. Fred honestly looked really bad at times on both ends. He tried to force too many plays when he had the ball and on defense he was out of place and honestly looked like he gave up 3 or so 3 pointers.

EW was out of place and Marshall pulled him a couple minutes into the start of the game.

Ron's shot just wasn't right for a lot of the game as well.

Shaq and EW and a few other the younger guys (mcduffie and maybe brown/kelly) got whistled for some pretty bad calls. Mockivious should have been whistled for an over the back on the play before fred got hacked and smashed by him...

Ballentine was locked down most of the game and he got some pretty friendly whistles.

Marty Simmons about got whistled for e technical from higgins at one point.

Higgins was bad at times, but it seemed like the bald black ref was the one making a lot of bad calls.

Also saw security pull a guy out and kick him out of the game for something, he was pretty heated and yelling at a husband and wife sitting near him (116/117 behind band area)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I mean even his wide open shots aren't even close. I don't know if he's worn out or what
                  He definitely had 3 that didn't hit rim tonight.

Comment

• Ron's trying to hard to keep the team afloat at the same time impressing the scouts. This team has problems and by far is the weakest team in FVV's and RB's tenure. There is no excuse winning to a crap team by 3 points at home. We should have won by 20. Hell, Norfolk State and Alabama A&M scored more points against them than we did. If anyone thinks this team is going to make noise in the NCAA, or even make the NCAA for that matter needs to get their head examined. We keep playing like this, you can bet your sweet arse that the Shox will get at least two bad losses in the MVC and ruin their chances for at-large consideration.

By the way, I'm glad we won however.

Comment

• Earthquake just now...double trimmer too.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Ron's trying to hard to keep the team afloat at the same time impressing the scouts. This team has problems and by far is the weakest team in FVV's and RB's tenure. There is no excuse winning to a crap team by 3 points at home. We should have won by 20. Hell, Norfolk State and Alabama A&M scored more points against them than we did. If anyone thinks this team is going to make noise in the NCAA, or even make the NCAA for that matter needs to get their head examined. We keep playing like this, you can bet your sweet arse that the Shox will get at least two bad losses in the MVC and ruin their chances for at-large consideration.

3 out of 10

Not one of your finer efforts, please practice between now and Saturday. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Earthquake just now...double trimmer too.
                          My chair was vibrating, I wondered if it was another quake.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            Ron's trying to hard to keep the team afloat at the same time impressing the scouts. This team has problems and by far is the weakest team in FVV's and RB's tenure. There is no excuse winning to a crap team by 3 points at home. We should have won by 20. Hell, Norfolk State and Alabama A&M scored more points against them than we did. If anyone thinks this team is going to make noise in the NCAA, or even make the NCAA for that matter needs to get their head examined. We keep playing like this, you can bet your sweet arse that the Shox will get at least two bad losses in the MVC and ruin their chances for at-large consideration.

Please pass the bong! Must be some good stuff you're smoking.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• [QUOTE=forevershockerfan;615190]Yes, he pulverized him and that would have been Big E.'s obvious 5th foul. Instead, they reward them with the ball too. Wow!!!!!!!

Mock hit everything on Fred from his head to his toes! I hate Higgins, sincerely.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                                My chair was vibrating, I wondered if it was another quake.
                                That's what I said to my husband. Why's the house shaking?

Comment

Working...
                                X