X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image.jpg

The bracket.

Comment

• We'v been zoned to death the last several games since dropping those 2 games. Our guys have it figured out and I can't wait for UNI to try that same crap again. We'll crush them the next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        We'v been zoned to death the last several games since dropping those 2 games. Our guys have it figured out and I can't wait for UNI to try that same crap again. We'll crush them the next time around.
        It was a relief and joy to watch us have a plan and execute against the zone yesterday. Yeah. We missed some 3s. But the fact that they didn't zone us the whole game shows that we clearly have a plan against that crap. Love AG's mid range stuff.

Comment

• The most important question is this. Which St. Louis tavern should us loons of Shockernet adopt as our own?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            We'v been zoned to death the last several games since dropping those 2 games. Our guys have it figured out and I can't wait for UNI to try that same crap again. We'll crush them the next time around.
            Except UNI held us scoreless for almost 10 minutes playing man to man in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Depth is going to play in St Louis. I don't expect the 20+point blowouts to continue. The fact that Ron and Fred don't have to play 30+min per game is going to be huge. Every team in the MVC is 2-3 guys deep, and fillers after that. Loyola is playing the night before, they will get tired in the 2nd half. UNI presumably will have at least a contest with SIU, and they are not deep either. I fully expect ISUr to get be there on Sunday, but they too are shallow on talent. I believe they could win, but I'm not sure they will have the legs to do so.

If I was coaching this team, I play light against Loyola. Don't press too much unless its needed. Get ample rest for Fred/Ron/Evan. And then go balls to the wall on Saturday & Sunday with the press and get out and run. Let the depth show.
              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                To my mind, the worst possible outcome for WSU. Almost certainly will get a Loyola team that can be dangerous and has been playing well. Then UNI, the hottest team in the league. Regardless of the fact both teams will have less than 500 fans there, every other fanbase will take up arms against the Shocks.

And there's no way isuR is losing to Evansville, if the Aces escape Friday. A title in St. Louis would be very much earned.
                I am with you. The three teams I feel we could play a very subpar game against and still smoke are: Bradley, Drake, and Mo State. The next tier would be SIU, ISUB, and Loyola. Then Evansville, UNI and ISUR.

Kind of obvious considering the way the season went but I just feel Loyola is a few plays and calls away from being dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  I am with you. The three teams I feel we could play a very subpar game against and still smoke are: Bradley, Drake, and Mo State. The next tier would be SIU, ISUB, and Loyola. Then Evansville, UNI and ISUR.

Kind of obvious considering the way the season went but I just feel Loyola is a few plays and calls away from being dangerous.
                  Loyola has a couple athletes, i.e. Doyle and James and a dangerous sniper in Turk but not much more.
                  Face it, if WSU has trouble with them after they played 16 hours earlier, no need to talk about at-large chances or anything farther.

UNI should take SIU and will be a challenge. However, if they can't put a middle of the Valley pack team away, whats the point in discussing higher aspirations?

UE and ISUR?
                  Who knows, but ISU has some of dumbest BBIQ players on the continent and another 16 point beat down should be standard fare on the menu.

See everyone who makes the journey there and do so safely.

There may be others, but don't know of anyone who has made the STL trip more seasons in a row than Yours Truly. This will be #19 and hopefully #2 Championship.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    It was a relief and joy to watch us have a plan and execute against the zone yesterday. Yeah. We missed some 3s. But the fact that they didn't zone us the whole game shows that we clearly have a plan against that crap. Love AG's mid range stuff.
                    Clearly the Shocks have a 3 ball problem. If Coach Marshall shuts down some players on the 3 ball, I would not mind.

Also, I would not mind, if FVV's attempts are pushed up some. He is averaging about 3.5 attempts per game.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Who knows, but ISU has some of dumbest BBIQ players on the continent.

That is all.
                      Golden truth.

Playground basketball plus BBIQ deficit equals something bad.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Clearly the Shocks have a 3 ball problem. If Coach Marshall shuts down some players on the 3 ball, I would not mind.

Also, I would not mind, if FVV's attempts are pushed up some. He is averaging about 3.5 attempts per game.
                        Plus, let's not forget the mid-range game. I know Grady won't and neither should some others.

Comment

• I am packing for St. Louis. Yellow and black and black and yellow.

Comment

• CF has great experience at Scottrade! Be not afraid of our 3's - our not so secret weapon is about to be unleashed.

Our crew will be tailgating b4 every game in the lot South of the arena. Stop by and say hello or drink one of our beers.

Finish strong Shocks! !

Comment

• Due to a friend's surgery because of an accident, I have two all-session tickets to Arch Madness in the section 121, row T (Shocker section.) If interested, send a private message.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Except UNI held us scoreless for almost 10 minutes playing man to man in the 2nd half.
                                We held them to 15 second half points and out rebounded them by 20 and still lost......mind boggling. Had they held us 9 minutes without scoring we still would've won.

Comment

Working...
                                X