2016 Arch Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
    I travel knowing full well of our abysmal record in St Louis. It's disappointing to lose, but I don't go apeshit over it. I still try to have some fun and represent Shocker Nation. Chatting with other MVC fans you realize they're not all Satans' offspring like some might have you believe. I also don't blame our losses on the MVC, St Louis or aliens for that matter. But I do know to never buy tickets through the Shocker ticket office, that's for damn sure!
    I have to agree. We met some pretty decent fans from several schools, including Evansville, UNI, and even a couple from SIU and IllSt. That being said, we also had EU and SIU people telling us how bad we sucked when the UNI game was over. Had to ask the SIU drunk where his team was, to which he said we'll get you next year about 8 times in a row. He was probably 55-ish, and acting like a drunk 18 year old, so when I told him to go back to his trailer, he may or may not have heard me. During the UNI game we were sitting close to a couple of UNI fans that were neat kids, college aged, having a few beers and a good time, but not belligerent or disrespectful in any way. On the way out, we were embarrassed by a drunk WSU fan, also probably late 40s-early 50s, as she was turning around and yelling at the guys we sat by that their team f***ing sucked and was going to the NIT even if they did win. Wife made me very proud in that moment as she quite calmly told the drunk WSU fan (who not surprisingly appeared to be there by herself) "Shut the hell up and get over yourself. We lost. It happens. Tell them good game and good luck or just walk away." She didn't realize when she said it that there were about 15 UNI fans surrounding her that gave her a few moments of applause as we continued toward the vendor to buy said UNI fans the beers that we had bet them on the game. The best part of those two UNI fans is that their "bucket list" includes going to all of the Valley gyms for games. WSU is one of 3 they haven't been to yet. I told them I could probably get tickets by the wife and I, but it might be dangerous, to which one responded, "We won't wear UNI shirts. We will just wear shirts that say FUKU." Sold.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
    X