2016 Arch Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    We will win this new 3 game Season in STL. because we have the best D., it is our turn, and we have 2-All American Guards on our team. Case closed and that is my final answer.
    Yep. This is OUR year in St Louis!!! 6 seed here we come!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      So if Siu wins tonight, who gets the 4th seed
      I'm not sure this is final because I thought they needed the final RPI in the mornng, but Suellentrop tweeted this out.

After early results we now know the following #ArchMadness seeds:1) Wichita St 2) Evansville 3) Illinois St 4) UNI 5) SIU

Comment

• So, as the Redbirds ride home, they're saying, "We're number three, we're number three!"

Comment

• Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
          I'm not sure this is final because I thought they needed the final RPI in the mornng, but Suellentrop tweeted this out.

After early results we now know the following #ArchMadness seeds:1) Wichita St 2) Evansville 3) Illinois St 4) UNI 5) SIU

Even if SIU wins they would need to climb ~40 spots in the RPI to catch UNI. Beating 235 MSU at home is not going to accomplish that. The only spot left for debate is if MSU is #6 or #7.
          -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• So.......Loyola Friday, UNI Saturday, and ISUR Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              So.......Loyola Friday, UNI Saturday, and ISUR Sunday
              I have a feeling Illinois State blew their load at the end of the regular season. The beatdown today could send them into their regular tizzy. They'll probably beat Indiana State on Friday but I expect Evansville to come back and send them packing to the CBI.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                So.......Loyola Friday, UNI Saturday, and ISUR Sunday
                I'm not concerned about any of those. Should be 3 straight double digit victories.

Comment

• Whoever it is they are going to be playing in desperation mode. Nothing we haven't seen before.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Assuming we get past UNI on Saturday, I'm not sure who I would want on Sunday. Evansville would probably be an easier win and we'd outnumber their fans 75:1, but an ISUr/WSU championship would be a really fun atmosphere and probably get some blood boiling that I haven't seen happen in the Lou in at least 3-4 years.

Comment

• To my mind, the worst possible outcome for WSU. Almost certainly will get a Loyola team that can be dangerous and has been playing well. Then UNI, the hottest team in the league. Regardless of the fact both teams will have less than 500 fans there, every other fanbase will take up arms against the Shocks.

And there's no way isuR is losing to Evansville, if the Aces escape Friday. A title in St. Louis would be very much earned.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        To my mind, the worst possible outcome for WSU. Almost certainly will get a Loyola team that can be dangerous and has been playing well. Then UNI, the hottest team in the league. Regardless of the fact both teams will have less than 500 fans there, every other fanbase will take up arms against the Shocks.

And there's no way isuR is losing to Evansville, if the Aces escape Friday. A title in St. Louis would be very much earned.
                        Can't disagree. I think we are too much for Loyola, but UNI, Eville and ISUr are capable of beating us by playing well and our playing mediocre. They don't have to be great and we don't have to be terrible.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          Can't disagree. I think we are too much for Loyola, but UNI, Eville and ISUr are capable of beating us by playing well and our playing mediocre. They don't have to be great and we don't have to be terrible.
                          Agree, the only way we lose in St. Lou is if the Shox beat themselves. We've shown we are capable of that, but our last 5 games shows a trend of that not happening.

Comment

• If this has been asked, my apologies, but why is the #1 seed given the noon game on Friday?? Why not have it in primetime?

(While Im not at work? :))
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              If this has been asked, my apologies, but why is the #1 seed given the noon game on Friday?? Why not have it in primetime?

(While Im not at work? :))
                              To give the #1 seed the longest amount of rest before the next game. The #2 seed plays the first game in the evening session.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                To give the #1 seed the longest amount of rest before the next game. The #2 seed plays the first game in the evening session.
                                And also gives the winner of the 8-9 game the night before a minimal amount of rest, before having to play the #1 seed.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X