Nevada Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I am hanging my hopes that Daishon Smith is the next big thing. Our team AF (After Fred) concerns me a bit. We have athletes but need someone to keep them corraled.
    This!!

Next season will be a long one if D. Smith isn't able to step up. Granted, we have been very spoiled of late, not expecting anyone to fill Fred's shoes. That said, I find our lack of PG depth surprising.
    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
    -- Pele

Comment

• Last night's game was so ugly it's hard to draw any judgements regarding performance. The one
      thing I did notice on the positive side was FVV once again becoming more of a floor general.
      He will be a very tough act for anyone to follow. RB's all around play will be missed. I think we
      see LS, CF, ZB , MM and PA
      step it up. Hoping Willis makes a strong impact and EH
      improves along with RN.
      Last edited by asiseeit; December 23, 2015, 09:13 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

I am hanging my hopes that Daishon Smith is the next big thing. Our team AF (After Fred) concerns me a bit. We have athletes but need someone to keep them corraled.
        I don't think we have another Fred but Landry and Conner are high IQ types. They can maybe team up with Daishon to provide leadership. Still, Fred and Ron will be difficult to replace.

Comment

• Could just be my imagination but I thought Fred was the closest to 100% that we've seen since his injury.

Anton's quick recovery from his spinal concussion has been remarkable and very gratifying. He certainly looks like he is close to fully recovered.

The Shaq/Anton duo at the 5 spot was extremely solid last night. 21 points (8-10 from the field), 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 turnover, 1 block and 1 steal in 33 combined minutes is a heckuva line. That will do very nicely going forward if they can keep that going.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I don't think we have another Fred but Landry and Conner are high IQ types. They can maybe team up with Daishon to provide leadership. Still, Fred and Ron will be difficult to replace.
            they are both scrawny. This is a HUGE issue

Comment

• Scrawniness is a problem. I don't expect to be Top 20 but we can be close and build for future years with youth. The talent cubbard won't be bare. Gregg has continued to recruit high IQ, athleticism, and high character guys.

Comment

• Poor Nevada. They watched the Seton Hall game and tried that approach. And then were mystified when called for 38 fouls. I can understand their confusion. I don't get it either.

Comment

• After the Seton Hall game I was left wondering if maybe we are simply behind the curve in adapting to the new NCAA foul protocol. Now I think it's more a case of the refs being all over the place, from game to game, from half to half, from possession to possession, there's absolutely no consistency.
                  "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                  -- Pele

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                    Amen brotha! It gets old after a while. But that's fans for ya, what can you do? I've always said the day a team goes perfect from the field, gets every rebound, doesn't commit a turnover, gets every 50-50 ball and still loses because of some bad calls, then and only then will I ever say a ref cost a team a game. In other words, it'll never happen. There's always other reason. But.. you can't tell fans that, they see what they wanna see. Nice post!
                    There's that high horse we've all become so accustomed to seeing from our resident "official"
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      they are both scrawny. This is a HUGE issue
                      Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Scrawniness is a problem. I don't expect to be Top 20 but we can be close and build for future years with youth. The talent cubbard won't be bare. Gregg has continued to recruit high IQ, athleticism, and high character guys.

Besides, I like me some 6'3" 190 (Shamet is 6'4" 188 right now)

curry.jpg curry2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                        What happened with bush?
                        I have no idea what started it, but #5, I think his name was Rodriguez was talking at Bush nearly the entire last 4-5 minutes of the game. Just jawing at each other. I was close enough that I could see them exchanging words, but not close enough to hear the talk.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                          After the Seton Hall game I was left wondering if maybe we are simply behind the curve in adapting to the new NCAA foul protocol. Now I think it's more a case of the refs being all over the place, from game to game, from half to half, from possession to possession, there's absolutely no consistency.
                          I find this highly unlikely. According to Shockref, the new rules were going to be enforced consistently across the board or there was going to be hell to pay.

Comment

I find this highly unlikely. According to Shockref, the new rules were going to be enforced consistently across the board or there was going to be hell to pay.
                            Well hell needs to be paid then.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              Well hell needs to be paid then.
                              They never said who was doing the paying. I think the players abd fans are the ones paying. They have no idea how to play or what to expect

Comment

• Point guard depth & inconsistent officiating

I guess some of you missed the point about Tyrone Taylor missing last night due to some kind of a minor injury per 3G in his post game radio interview. 3G ahas previously said that Tyrone wants to be great someday. In fact, he also said he has shown more desire to become great than anyone else except for Fred Van Vleet & Ron Baker.

Another point to be made concerns the inconsistent officiating: Fred is quoted in the paper today that WSU played the same normal game last night that they have all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X