Nevada Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    I actually thought those on the floor should have been chewed on as well, not a single person let him know the wolf was at the door.
    First of all the game doesn't happen in slow motion. No time for anyone to process the idiocy of his decision. Second of all he got what he deserved for such a stupid choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Regarding Conner, I think 3G may have been a little pissed about the pullup 3 when we had a 3 on 1 fast break. CF got stuffed and 3G did not look happy.
      He didn't seem happy but he didn't seem really upset either. On the next dead ball he pulled Conner over and explained he should have gotten it to Fred from what I could see.
      ShockerNut 2305

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        It doesn't sound like an inadequate GPA because he is suspended through Christmas. Maybe he blew off a class or an instructor.
        I think he treated a test like a layup and missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Air ball by an air head?
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Regarding Conner, I think 3G may have been a little pissed about the pullup 3 when we had a 3 on 1 fast break. CF got stuffed and 3G did not look happy.
            He simply should have thrown the ball ahead and the spotted up for a potential 3. Very easily could have gotten the ball back. Remember too that Gregg repeatedly tells him to take the open shot. Should I, should I not? That was a not. At least without looking for the layup.

Oh, and I'd worry more if Gregg didn't chew my ass once in awhile.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerNut2305 View Post
              He didn't seem happy but he didn't seem really upset either. On the next dead ball he pulled Conner over and explained he should have gotten it to Fred from what I could see.
              I honestly thought GM was upset with the previous defensive effort, where Connor was too far off his man, and the guy rose up and hit a three. Next defensive trip down, Connor was much closer to his man, and the guy tried a 3 again, and missed badly.
              Last edited by mattdalt; December 23, 2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Something like this. Per HCGM It was "a violation of team rules. Academic in nature."
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Lets hope WamBam gets his act back together. I thought he was showing some good progress and was beginning to contribute. He still needs to keep working on his offensive game but his defense was getting pretty decent in the 3-man rotation...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    First of all the game doesn't happen in slow motion. No time for anyone to process the idiocy of his decision. Second of all he got what he deserved for such a stupid choice.
                    I disagree, I guess I give those on the floor more credit for their abilities and athleticism than you. Your second comment seems to indicate hostility toward Mr. Frankamp, which I do not understand at this point of the season. Justifying the lack of on floor situational awareness seems petty.

Go Shocks!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      I disagree, I guess I give those on the floor more credit for their abilities and athleticism than you. Your second comment seems to indicate hostility toward Mr. Frankamp, which I do not understand at this point of the season. Justifying the lack of on floor situational awareness seems petty.

Go Shocks!
                      Disagree all you want. Doesn't make either one of us right, but I will still go with my take. I don't have any hostility towards Conner. He is a Shocker now, so I will be in his court till I see reason not to support him. The 3-1 fast break decision on his part was stupid and you can't make a case other wise.

Comment

Disagree all you want. Doesn't make either one of us right, but I will still go with my take. I don't have any hostility towards Conner. He is a Shocker now, so I will be in his court till I see reason not to support him. The 3-1 fast break decision on his part was stupid and you can't make a case other wise.
                        Are all errors in judgment an act of stupidity?

If so, call me "Stupid".
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• There are errors of judgment in which you should've really known better. Those may be classified as stupid

Players are taught never to pull up from wing on the break but to get to the center of the court to give them options. Players who are tracking the ballhandler as possible receivers are supposed to peel off from each other before they get to the free throw line. None of the above happened not to mention the shot blocker was allowed to sneak up on the play. Conner and the rest of the guys know better. Something they work on nearly every day in practice-3 on 1s, 2 on 1s, 3 on 2,s. Something that FVV never screws up. Coach and the rest of us have been spoiled

Comment

Cmon ladies it's Christmas. Does Santa need to put some Midol in your stocking?

Comment

• Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment. Conner is probably a more experienced player with better judgment as a result of that play.

It is always much preferable to gain that experience in a big win and not a loss.

Comment

Cmon ladies it's Christmas. Does Santa need to put some Midol in your stocking?
                                I would prefer coal.

Comment

Working...
                                X