WSU Versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Is it safe to say that RealTime isn't really reflecting Real-Time analysis here?
    RealTime has always seemed to place very heavy value on home court advantage in their projections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Glass is half full! Our boys' breakfast will be perfectly digested and turned to fuel, just as Seton Halls' bellies will be growling with hunger.
      I think you may have that backwards. Seton Hall will be adequately fed and content at game time. 3G will withhold breakfast from the Shocks and in the pre-game meeting will have photos of the Seton Hall players wrapped in bacon (along with bacon frying in the background just to heighten the effect). Pirates-in-a-Blanket. Breakfast is served.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 16, 2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• If Seton Hall continues playing a zone against the Shox they might be in for a long afternoon as I think Conner finally got that monkey off his back and playing on the road will lessen the pressure even more. I'll be interested to see if Markis can continue his hot three point shooting, especially in front of what is nearly a home-town crowd...sort of. After watching the Utah game again this morning, I have no idea why anyone would ever play zone against this team the rest of the season. The Hall has been known to play a 2-3 matchup zone but they better play it better than Utah did Saturday. Good grief, they left Markis open in the corner far too often.

I also think their 8-2 record and 73.9 PPG average is not as impressive as it seems. Not sure they've come up against anyone that plays defense like our Shockers.

Shockers - 68
        Pirates - 55

Comment

• Does FOX have something similar to espn3 where I can watch the game later on the computer? I have to attend a funeral Saturday morning, so I won't be able to watch the game live but I definitely want to watch a replay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            My television tech was here last night to solve some problems.

He said that the trend among young folks is have an air to air antenna plus Roku. They do not subscribe to cable or satellite.
            Can confirm. My wife and I are 23, have Apple TV and subscriptions to Hulu and Netflix. We can watch most shows and it is a fraction of the cost. If I could afford cable, I would in a heartbeat. However, that is expensive and the money is best used elsewhere.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Can confirm. My wife and I are 23, have Apple TV and subscriptions to Hulu and Netflix. We can watch most shows and it is a fraction of the cost. If I could afford cable, I would in a heartbeat. However, that is expensive and the money is best used elsewhere.
              My 30 year old brother has Amazon Prime, Hulu, NetFlix
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I keep it to Netflix only. No cable. And I use chrome cast to put network shows on the tv. We just have to watch it a day later (which is actually better because we can watch shows around our own schedule).

Been thinking about Sling TV to get ESPN. Anybody else have experience with that?
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  If it wasn't for my sports addiction, I would have done just that. Outside of sports, most every other show I watch is available via Roku or similar type services.
                  My tech thinks that all ESPN channels will be on Roku soon. He guesses the rate will be about $7/mo.

Watch ESPN is already available on Roku at no cost.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

My tech thinks that all ESPN channels will be on Roku soon. He guesses the rate will be about $7/mo.

As soon as the smartTV devices start offering a large selection of channels, I'm in.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

It is only $25 a month for Sling and you get ESPN plus 2/U/News as well. They have a Roku app too. ESPN3 is already free on Roku for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        I'm 41 and haven't had cable since 2007. I've got plenty of money for it--I just got tired of paying for a bunch of crap I never watched, or an HBO channel that aired a show I did watch 50 more times that week.

Right now I use Chromecast and stream everything to my TV. For ESPN, I have a Sling.tv subscription. I use my username and password for Sling.tv on ESPN3.

I probably have more patience than most when it comes to this stuff as tech is a hobby of mine (along with home audio, music, and various other things), but it's getting to the point anymore where it's very user friendly.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          I keep it to Netflix only. No cable. And I use chrome cast to put network shows on the tv. We just have to watch it a day later (which is actually better because we can watch shows around our own schedule).

Been thinking about Sling TV to get ESPN. Anybody else have experience with that?
                          Yes, I have Sling TV for around 9 months. I get the Sports package for an extra $5 per month so I get all of the ESPN stations and SEC network. Basic package is $20/month. Overall I am pretty satisfied with it. Every now and then there's a glitch. Like last night during debate on CNN it stopped. Had to hit home button on Roku and then reopen Sling TV app. No problems after that one glitch. But it does happen every so often. I definitely like the price over cable. CBS Sports And NBC Sports networks are not available.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I pay $285/mo for cable with the HBO and all sports package. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I pay $285/mo for cable with the HBO and all sports package. It's ridiculous.
                              I hope that includes your internet and telephone. Still ridiculous, I agree.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• So if you pitch the cable and go with Roku/Apple TV what is the best ISP company and brand/ model wifi router to use?

I am about to that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X