No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems we had an early start against the Hall back in the 2006 NCAAs! Worked well for us then.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      Seems we had an early start against the Hall back in the 2006 NCAAs! Worked well for us then.
      Right! Who's to say we don't peak at 11:00am in the morning?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• As others have mentioned, since the game is at noon, it will feel like 11am for our guys...which is no big deal, as WSU will play UNI at 11am in Wichita here in a couple months. I do like these early games, as it feels like a football game atmosphere. I do wish we had a few Saturday night games, but that's okay, I guess. TV has to do their thing.

Also, that video sucked. I mean, I suppose that if you are hyping a game that will make you fall asleep, it reached its desired effect. Memo to the Mid-Major East Conference: if you want to see a REAL hype video, I direct you to the hype video from the Northern Iowa game last year. My buddy who went to that game with me was already freaking pumped...and then me showing him the video took that excitement to a higher level.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          Our little TV that me and the Mrs. have in the bedroom is actually an over the air little 19" HDTV. The signal is off rabbit ears with a little UHF loop, though I did run a coax to put the rabbit ears in a less conspicuous spot. It is amazing how many channels are available over the air thanks to all the subchannels. Lots of old TV shows and such.

KSAS/FOX, 24.1, comes in clear as a bell.
          My television tech was here last night to solve some problems.

He said that the trend among young folks is have an air to air antenna plus Roku. They do not subscribe to cable or satellite.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

He said that the trend among young folks is have an air to air antenna plus Roku. They do not subscribe to cable or satellite.
            If it wasn't for my sports addiction, I would have done just that. Outside of sports, most every other show I watch is available via Roku or similar type services.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              The biggest take-away from that video is what color the (empty) seats are in various sections of their arena.

The #BIGEAST, where arena capacity matters more than actual fan attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

The other thing they do is get their parent's username/passwords and get free ESPN3 and Netflix. I have 2 preteen daughters and they have almost no interest in basic TV programming. They watch Netflix and Youtube programs. Cable companies may be nearly dead in 10-15 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  The other thing they do is get their parent's username/passwords and get free ESPN3 and Netflix. I have 2 preteen daughters and they have almost no interest in basic TV programming. They watch Netflix and Youtube programs. Cable companies may be nearly dead in 10-15 years
                  I do this for all the channels I watch. Though I pay for my own netflix. There is no sense in me paying for 400 channels when I use like 3.

Comment

• Okay good. Thanks for the correction fella's. 11:00am sounds way better than 10. No need to change my prediction then. Is it Saturday yet!!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Warren Nolan has WSU as 6.5 favorite with win percentage at 63%.

RealTime RPI has us as 66-74 dog.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Warren Nolan has WSU as 6.5 favorite with win percentage at 63%.

RealTime RPI has us as 66-74 dog.
                        Is it safe to say that RealTime isn't really reflecting Real-Time analysis here?

Comment

• I stand by my original prediction. Shocks by at least 13.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• This Shocker team is going to be one of the best defensive teams in school history, I think. Seton Hall is in for a long day.
                            Changing my score: 66-50. 3 straight 50s

Comment

• 65-53 Shox win.

giving SH 3 extra points for home court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maynard View Post
                                65-53 Shox win.

giving SH 3 extra points for home court.
                                I thought about this, but then I took those 3 points away for them being out with their buddies til 3 am the night before a morning game.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X