WSU Versus UNLV Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinistral View Post
    A man who doesn't vote yet ridicules the voter. Put your ballet down or in your mouth.
    WSU 156
    UNLV 24
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A man who doesn't vote yet ridicules the voter. Put your ballet down or in your mouth.
      Great idea! So now you want to talk dancing?

Nutcracker Suite is a great seasonal choice for ballet.

What's your favorite ballet?
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Baker is shooting .396 from the 3-point line. Look for that to improve some with CF playing soon, and FVV back on the floor, because our foes can't smother Ron now. As our missing players come back one by one, we will be as good as advertised by the end of the Season when it counts the most. Shamet was already averaging 8-9 points per game and drawing lots of fouls which comes in mighty handy, and also a good rebounder. Grady, if he still returns along with Shaq playing better with FVV on the floor, we will be a better rebounding team overall than right now.

Last but not least, Mr. Nurger might just be a player that can boost our inside game and MM, Kelly, and Hamilton will only get better. It would be awesome to beat UNLV, Utah, and Seton Hall soon and let the winning momentum continue to grow as a unit as we roll into Valley play.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          Great idea! So now you want to talk dancing?

Nutcracker Suite is a great seasonal choice for ballet.

What's your favorite ballet?
          LOL

Noob fan already getting egg on the face. Bringing it too strong, too early. Not ready yet. Read more, post less.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

They may be Rebels, but we're the ones with Ron Solo and Obi-Wamukota.

Fred Van Sheev Palpatine and the Empire of Shock - 77
            University of Alderran Las Vegas - 70

Comment

I'm not too sure how specific to be my prediction. First time on the prediction list. I will follow many others here and say now that FVV is back on, we can be lethal. Also going with the board, UNLV deserves votes and will be in top 20 come march. Watching these last set of games I am irritated by Ron Bakers shot selection. He is Ron Baker, and has the green light, so I imagine he will score 20, but not before I smash my soda can watching him shoot without squaring up. Shaq will overcome this board, score 16, and bank shot like he's Baby Face Nelson.

FVV makes sure all 5 Rebels are ball watching him as he scoops it in (11 points).

I think we sadly drop this one, 75-64 Running Rebels W.
              If you were a fan in the 90's you'd make love to that soda can, rather than crush it, watching Ron play ball. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but criticizing Baker this far into the season seems way off.
              Last edited by ShoxRoxMySox; December 7, 2015, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Oh and my prediction.

2013-2014 35-1: 74
                1990-1991 34-1: 72

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                  If you were a fan in the 90's you'd make love to that soda can, rather than crush it, watching Ron play ball. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but criticizing Baker this far into the season comes way off base.
                  Gotta agree with this. He is damn fine at squaring his shoulders and getting off a shot from three with little space between himself and the defender. One of the quickest releases I've ever seen.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Gotta agree with this. He is damn fine at squaring his shoulders and getting off a shot from three with little space between himself and the defender. One of the quickest releases I've ever seen.
                    I suppose you too are right. He hit a fade that was amazing, but sometimes he does this other shot where his shoulder isn't lined up to the rim. It really sucks .Maybe I'm too harsh but he hasn't shot the "off the dribble" shot as well so far.
                    Last edited by Sinistral; December 6, 2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I suppose you too are right. He hit a fade that was amazing, but sometimes he does this other shot where his shoulder isn't lined up to the rim. It really sucks .Maybe too harsh but he hasn't shot thefoff the dribble shot as well so far in.
                      I'm not quite following that last part...:)
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                        Oh and my prediction.

2013-2014 35-1: 74
                        1990-1991 34-1: 72
                        That's interesting. I think the 90 rebs beat that team by 20.

Comment

Originally posted by rebel lover View Post
                          That's also interesting. That 91 Duke team must've been a hell of a team.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by rebel lover View Post
                            We'll never know. They were a hell of a team and fun to watch! And just in case you didn't catch on, it's kinda what we do here. Instead of saying UNLV 72, WSU 74, we use some other similarity to name the teams. He wasn't actually calling the score between two of the winningest teams in the last quarter century.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I suppose you too are right. He hit a fade that was amazing, but sometimes he does this other shot where his shoulder isn't lined up to the rim. It really sucks .Maybe I'm too harsh but he hasn't shot the "off the dribble" shot as well so far.
                              I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and bet that most on here will trust Ron picking his shots rather than you. No offense.

Comment

I'm not too sure how specific to be my prediction. First time on the prediction list. I will follow many others here and say now that FVV is back on, we can be lethal. Also going with the board, UNLV deserves votes and will be in top 20 come march. Watching these last set of games I am irritated by Ron Bakers shot selection. He is Ron Baker, and has the green light, so I imagine he will score 20, but not before I smash my soda can watching him shoot without squaring up. Shaq will overcome this board, score 16, and bank shot like he's Baby Face Nelson.

FVV makes sure all 5 Rebels are ball watching him as he scoops it in (11 points).

I think we sadly drop this one, 75-64 Running Rebels W.
                                So, you're thinking that these three guys score 47, and the rest of the team, which includes Markis McDuffie, Conner Frankamp, Zach Brown, etc. only score 17? I don't see that happening.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X