No announcement yet.

Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tired of making excuses for what Shaq can be. I said this on another thread but I'll say it again. He just doesn't do the little things to be successful and I'm tired of waiting on him. One time, Woodbury shot a 15 foot jump shot at the elbow and he takes one step or two and the rebound comes right back to him (and he makes the basket for two more points) while Shaq takes a quick coffee break. More than frustrating.

Comment

We get mad at Shaq because he has so much potential. We had several other guys today that played like crap and I don't see much being written about them.

Comment

Why don't you mention them then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          We get mad at Shaq because he has so much potential. We had several other guys today that played like crap and I don't see much being written about them.
          It's like groundhogs day with Shaq...3rd year in the program and we're still waiting on consistent effort. Honestly he's the only player in this program who I question their effort and commitment. That's the source of criticism towards Shaq.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Why don't you mention them then?
            Wamukota fouled out in 8 minutes and scored 2 pts. Kelly was supposedly the most improved player over the summer, I haven't seen it yet. I feel bad for Nurger, but he didn't belong out there and he's already 21 or 22 years old. This is our frontcourt going forward. I'd say Shaq did ok for himself in comparison.

Comment

Am I the only one who found Gregg's postgame comments regarding Shaq discomforting?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Am I the only one who found Gregg's postgame comments regarding Shaq discomforting?
                What were they?

Comment

Today, at times, Shaq was back. Now enter Rauno to the roster also and 3G will have more options as we also see MM and Hamilton showing solid signs. Now, let's hope FVV can get back in at 100% to get our bigs the rock in ideal places. Also, with a healthy Fred returning, I dare these teams to double and triple team Baker as witnessed all tourney long. Then will will get Frankamp in there soon who can drain 3's etc. and we will see about Shamet's recovery time. Grady is our best big IMO but right now, we just want to get him home safe, and get him healthy, and on the road to total recovery. No matter what happens, Grady is forever a Shocker and one we care about lots.

No excuses but the teams we just played had all of their players and we were missing 4 of our top 8 which includes an All American and a possible future All American according to 3G. Now we get them home safe and get back to work because we have most of our Season before us.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

whad he say?

Comment

Shaq mentally just doesn't do it with any consistency. Bush has only played this game for 4 years or so, and he and Nurger could use a redshirt. Shaq had a redshirt year and then he had to be sat down last year for a while to motivate him. Then we need for Shaq to contribute in the worst way and he is AWOL. He has to sit on the bench for another week because he can't motivate himself to be a competitor. The others deserve excuses but you can keep on giving Shaq his excuses.

I'm glad he's a good kid off the court because he thinks that he is ENTITLED on the court.

Comment

I may not be entirely correct, but I think that he said something like "Shaq probably had a good game, I guess".

Comment

Did not hear them so no comment

Comment

i think this tweet pretty much sums up what shaqs mental state is right now he has no self confidence in himself and lacks motivation, it shows in his game play hence we get screwed from his under performance. i hate to come down on him cause he really is a good guy but he needs to step his **** up all the way.
                            Attached Files
                            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

He had some good moments today. Hopefully he builds confidence from here.

Comment

I thought today was his best performance, albeit still showing inconsistent effort. I wish I knew what HCGM had to say.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X