Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    FVV, Ron, Evan, Shaq and Anton.

I can see this changing from game to game depending on matchups, health, practice effort, etc. Ron, Evan and FVV are probably the only 3 locks to start every game.
    that is one helluva starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
      I feel the starting lineup should be VanVleet, Baker, Brown, Grady, Wamakota with Wessel, Morris, and Kelly getting major minutes off the bench. I feel Brown has superstar potential. I love Wessel, but it's pretty obvious Browns ceiling is through the roof. Evan may be able to contribute more this second, but I feel the best thing for this team going into the tournament could be having Brown with a full season of starting minutes to develop.

Could you imagine what this team would look like if Brown is able to take some major steps forward? Scary. I also feel this would be best for the team next year when all the seniors are gone. We need someone to step up. Brown seems like a perfect candidate to me.
      I agree with this one the most as far as Brown starting but I think it might be VanVleet, Baker, Wessel, Brown and Anton. They need a slasher like Cotton and Early in there somewhere and they might end up using Brown as that guy. I could see them doing a Fred, Ron, Brown, Anton and Shaq at the 5

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        FVV - Ron - Evan - Anton - Bush
        All seniors! I guess this is my pick too. Brown, Kelly, and Shaq are all strong possibilities. Even harder than picking the starters is picking which talents AREN'T going to be in the rotation.
        Last edited by wufan; October 10, 2015, 12:56 PM.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
          I agree with this one the most as far as Brown starting but I think it might be VanVleet, Baker, Wessel, Brown and Anton. They need a slasher like Cotton and Early in there somewhere and they might end up using Brown as that guy. I could see them doing a Fred, Ron, Brown, Anton and Shaq at the 5
          I wonder if Kelly could be that Cotton/Early type player.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I wonder if Kelly could be that Cotton/Early type player.
            You never know, but at 232 he wont be a "slasher" but he still could make some highlight plays

Comment

Nobody wants to graduate 5 Senior starters.

Comment

What are everyone's predictions for what the starting lineup will look like?
                I will go with the crazy, off the wall pick and guess a lineup based on experience and players playing the positions they have been playing the last couple of years.

FVV-Ron-Brown-EW-Grady

While Marshall has said and proven many times that he can in fact count, I for one don't believe he cares about counting to 15 (1+2+3+4+5) at any given point of a basketball game.

That is my starting lineup for Nov. 13th. What the starting lineup will look like in (hopefully) early April or even late Nov. is anyone's guess, but that's how I see it to start the year.

The best players will play. Size won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                  I will go with the crazy, off the wall pick and guess a lineup based on experience and players playing the positions they have been playing the last couple of years.

FVV-Ron-Brown-EW-Grady

While Marshall has said and proven many times that he can in fact count, I for one don't believe he cares about counting to 15 (1+2+3+4+5) at any given point of a basketball game.

That is my starting lineup for Nov. 13th. What the starting lineup will look like in (hopefully) early April or even late Nov. is anyone's guess, but that's how I see it to start the year.

I like this lineup. Which is more likely?... That Zach Brown is so good he will crack the starting lineup, that Shaq is so good he will crack the starting lineup, that Bush is so good he will, or that Anton is?

When I have to answer that question, I end up with the same lineup you said. To me, it is more likely that Brown will force his way in than Shaq or Bush. Then when I have to decide if Wessel, after the way his career at WSU has been, will start or not, it's pretty tough to say "no, coach will bench him." So if Wessel and brown are in, that means Wessel is PF again and he will rotate to the 3 as well (at least some instead of never like last year). Now if I have to name a center, I think it would take something really special to beat Grady out.

Of course, as we always say, who starts doesn't matter nearly as much as who gets the most minutes. Who knows... My other starting lineup would be the senior lineup, but the comment about not wanting to graduate 5 senior starters I think is a really good point.

Comment

I like Zach as much as the next guy, and wouldn't be surprised to see him start, but take a look at Shaq's stats last year and compare them to Zach's. Why do so many think that Zach will play and push two others to less than ideal positions when Shaq (the better of the two players last year) could play his natural position and Grady and Wessel can move to more natural positions?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

FVV-Ron-Brown-EW-Grady

This makes sense, except it's been publicized that Evan has slimmed down over the offseason so that can can play more guard.

Comment

Wessel shouldn't be starting at the 4 come tournament time, sure he can guard just about any 4, but he doesn't have the post moves to play start at that position

Comment

Wessel shouldn't be starting at the 4 come tournament time, sure he can guard just about any 4, but he doesn't have the post moves to play start at that position
                          I would agree with this, except I agreed last season and was wrong.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Here is another lineup in a game where something is wrong in the neighborhood, so who we going to call--packed-in-zone-busters. Just call THE FFBBG GANG. 1.FVV 2. Frankamp 3. Baker 4. Brown, Kelly or Wessel 5. Grady or even Nurger. Lights out, party is soon over for our foes.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              I would agree with this, except I agreed last season and was wrong.
                              Co-signed.

Comment

put him at the 3 and be done with it. we must have 4 and 5 covered by now?! so that we don't need a 6'4" guy who can't score under there?!

notre dame kinda jerked him around under the basket last year, to put it mildly. this year we can count on kelly, morris, mcduffie, bush, grady under the basket. let wessel guard wing players 96% of the time for fu**s sake.
                                Last edited by another shocker; October 10, 2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X