No announcement yet.

Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per a long time, well connected, source, Markis McDuffie is the closest thing to X-Man to wear a Shocker jersey in 30 years.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Per a long time, well connected, source, Markis McDuffie is the closest thing to X-Man to wear a Shocker jersey in 30 years.
      i hope mcduffie plays for more than two years at wichita state. i'm thinking it will be close to something like that, either way..one or three years.

remember, though, mcdaniel avg 18 ppg and led the country in rebounding as a sophomore. in todays climate, he would have been nba bound after that season (if not after avg 7 ppg as a freshman on a loaded team) in a **snap**.
      Last edited by another shocker; October 9, 2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I hate to compare anyone to X but from what I saw from McDuffie last year (recorded), he has a very high ceiling and he doesn't even know how good he could be when he matures physically and toughens up mentally.

Comment

Interesting comment, monster, because one thing X did not take much time doing as a Shocker was toughening up mentally.

Comment

Care to elaborate a little more? What were his reasonings for the comparison? Does any one know Xmans size when he was a freshman?

I would love for this to be true, but I feels a little like preseason hype to me.

Comment

McDuffie's no Xman yet, but he is probably our X factor

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                Care to elaborate a little more? What were his reasonings for the comparison? Does any one know Xmans size when he was a freshman?

I would love for this to be true, but I feels a little like preseason hype to me.
                It was a casual and fortuitous discussion with someone I don't personally know, but who has instant credibility. I asked him what he thought about the Shockers, and he was excited, and he volunteered that freshman McDuffie reminded him of freshman McDaniel.
                Livin the dream

Comment

When we consider X-FACTORS in the scheme of things that could gain us some positive outcomes, who do you think of? Frankamp, Grady, McDuffie, and Shamet jump clear off the page in terms of our new players. How about some of our returning players though? Brown, Kelly, Bush, Shaq, all have a shot. Wow!!! I like it!!! I like it a lot!!!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It was a casual and fortuitous discussion with someone I don't personally know, but who has instant credibility. I asked him what he thought about the Shockers, and he was excited, and he volunteered that freshman McDuffie reminded him of freshman McDaniel.
                    Well, I'll be extremely thrilled if sophomore McDuffie reminds us of sophomore McDaniel, and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      When we consider X-FACTORS in the scheme of things that could gain us some positive outcomes, who do you think of? Frankamp, Grady, McDuffie, and Shamet jump clear off the page in terms of our new players. How about some of our returning players though? Brown, Kelly, Bush, Shaq, all have a shot. Wow!!! I like it!!! I like it a lot!!!!!!!!!
                      Lets hope they all embrace whatever role Gregg asks them to take on this year and OWN it. If each player can do that then we could have a rotation as deep as the 2013-2014 team. And come March, I don't think there's any team that would want to go to war with us. They would be outgunned in every way possible

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                        Well, I'll be extremely thrilled if sophomore McDuffie reminds us of sophomore McDaniel, and so on...
                        Never did know for sure if the X-Man had the audacity as a Freshman to ask Carr and Cliff which one of them would have to start from the bench so he could start. Even so, what was special about all three of these players just mentioned as not just their talent, but their passion to outwork the masses to improve and get better. I could do that too but lacked by endless miles the talent to get the results in this game, even in my prime days many moons ago. With the Bookends and X-Man on our team, we were tough to beat and watching them play was a gift that keeps on giving.

These 3 are all cornerstones in Shocker basketball History. Yes, they all played in the NBA and had not just the talent, but the work ethic to do something special with the gifts they received from God.

Since Coach Marshall has came here, we enjoy solid players here and the player development is awesome. Several of his recruits here are now playing overseas and some in the NBA. Look for this trend not only to continue, but to increase.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

What are everyone's predictions for what the starting lineup will look like?

Comment

FVV, Ron, Evan, Shaq and Anton.

I can see this changing from game to game depending on matchups, health, practice effort, etc. Ron, Evan and FVV are probably the only 3 locks to start every game.

Comment

FVV - Ron - Evan - Anton - Bush
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

I feel the starting lineup should be VanVleet, Baker, Brown, Grady, Wamakota with Wessel, Morris, and Kelly getting major minutes off the bench. I feel Brown has superstar potential. I love Wessel, but it's pretty obvious Browns ceiling is through the roof. Evan may be able to contribute more this second, but I feel the best thing for this team going into the tournament could be having Brown with a full season of starting minutes to develop.

Could you imagine what this team would look like if Brown is able to take some major steps forward? Scary. I also feel this would be best for the team next year when all the seniors are gone. We need someone to step up. Brown seems like a perfect candidate to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X