Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster

Shaq Morris is now a legit 6-8 and able to play the center! :)

Other notable updates:

Peyton Allen is only 6-5, and Eric Hamilton is 6-8, 233; similar to Cle as a senior. Ron, Fred, and Evan have slimmed down while Rauno and Wamukota have put on some weight.
    Last edited by DUShock; October 7, 2015, 08:10 AM. Reason: Edited to make link functional
    Livin the dream

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    http://www.goshockers.com/roster.asp...kb&mobile=skip

Other notable updates:

Peyton Allen is only 6-5, and Eric Hamilton is 6-8, 233; similar to Cle as a senior. Ron, Fred, and Evan have slimmed down while Rauno and Wamukota have put on some weight.
    Oh, no, the sky is falling. These kids are withering away!

OTOH, they are leaner, meaner and quicker. Is that possible?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      http://www.goshockers.com/roster.asp...kb&mobile=skip

Other notable updates:

Didn't Rauno drop down to like 220 last night when he got sick? So hes a solid 25 pounds larger this year? That has to help.

Comment

Good news about Rauno, because strength was an issue for him after his illness last year. Also, Peyton Allen "only" 6-5? I had thought he was 6-4, so he seems to be moving in the right direction as far as I can tell.

Also, as I noted elsewhere, FVV keeps hanging in at six feet, and Ty Taylor is shorter than I thought -- I had always believed him to be 6-2, but he's listed at 6-1, a fairly standard PG size. Wonder how he looks standing next to Frankamp.
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; October 7, 2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Good news about Rauno, because strength was an issue for him after his illness last year. Also, Peyton Allen "only" 6-5? I had thought he was 6-4, so he seems to be moving in the right direction as far as I can tell.

Also, as I noted elsewhere, FVV keeps hanging in at six feet, and Ty Taylor is shorter than I thought -- I had always believed him to be 6-2, but he's listed at 6-1, a fairly standard PG size. Wonder how he looks standing next to Frankamp.
          They both look skinny. I believe Taylor was previously listed at 6-2.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Didn't Rauno drop down to like 220 last night when he got sick? So hes a solid 25 pounds larger this year? That has to help.
            Rauno started the season last year at ~ 240 and lost 20 lbs.
            Livin the dream

Comment

4 Sunrise kids and 2 Hargrave kids. I like that.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Not too shabby. I think Ron, Evan, and Fred slimming down will help them. Would like to see Bush get to 245. Markus needs to put on some serious weight before he's going to be able to handle the physicality of the college game. He's lighter than slimmed down Fred...

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

I am pretty sure Taylor has been previously been listed at 6'3", Wessel at 6'5", Fred at 5'11", and Hamilton per his own tweets as a legit 6'9"....

I have pretty much given up believing rosters...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

But for those who insist that one inch makes the difference to call a player a 5 or a 4 will continue to be confused.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      I am pretty sure Taylor has been previously been listed at 6'3", Wessel at 6'5", Fred at 5'11", and Hamilton per his own tweets as a legit 6'9"....

I have pretty much given up believing rosters...
                      It could depend on whether they were measured with shoes on or off. With all the technology today, they should be able to measure their height to the nearest tenth of an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        It could depend on whether they were measured with shoes on or off. With all the technology today, they should be able to measure their height to the nearest tenth of an inch.
                        And yet heights are widely variable based on the source. Plus, these kids are still growing. HCGM stated previously that they weigh and measure the kids in the weight room with their shoes on. These heights/weights, I presume, are what makes it on the roster, although you will hear Marshall comment about heights that do not match that info. Regardless, Shaq is tall enough to play the 5, though on the short side, and everyone else is average or taller at their position.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I remember hearing Kerry say that with our talent with NBA potential he was measuring consistent with NBA and I understood him to note that was without shoes on the height. At least that is how I interpreted how he was doing it.

Comment

Marshall has said in the past they measure with shoes.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              Marshall has said in the past they measure with shoes.
                              Yep. What I seem to recall was someone asked him if they measure the players with their shoes on and HCGM said, "they play basketball in their shoes don't they?"
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X