Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    Remember, there are more than one way to skin cats and peel onions. Just sayin.

By the way, I have performed one of those examples.
    I don't mean to sound like a skeptic with my comments because I do realize how good of a unit we have, but i just look at the recent champions and a lot of them have superior athletes

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
      I don't mean to sound like a skeptic with my comments because I do realize how good of a unit we have, but i just look at the recent champions and a lot of them have superior athletes
      I get it, but being a "great" athlete doesn't necessarily win games. With your interpretation of being a great athlete would you say Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, John Stockton, Steve Nash and Reggie Miller are great athletes? Probably not. The were considered great players however.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I get it, but being a "great" athlete doesn't necessarily win games. With your interpretation of being a great athlete would you say Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, John Stockton, Steve Nash and Reggie Miller are great athletes? Probably not. The were considered great players however.
        Good way to put it, I think Fred and Ron could be on that list if we win it all this season, but they continuously get disrespected by "analysts" throughout the country

Comment

Good way to put it, I think Fred and Ron could be on that list if we win it all this season, but they continuously get disrespected by "analysts" throughout the country
          Disrespect all they want...scoreboard as what maters at the end of the day.

Comment

Rob Baker is an elite athlete.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              Is he better than Ron Baker?

Comment

FVV - Ron - Evan - Anton - Bush
                That's the starting lineup I've got.
                First off the bench - in no particular order - Morris, Kelly, Brown, Shamet. Then after Dec. 12, add Frankamp to the first off the bench group.

I'm expecting a repeat of the 3-headed monster at Center with Nurger as the third option and getting meaningful minutes. Wamukota and Morris are foul-prone and they can be with 3 players able to play the position.

That's 5 Seniors with the opportunity for the most minutes. Then 5 Sophomores and a Freshman getting backup minutes.

That's a solid 11-deep roster without using Taylor, McDuffie, or Hamilton.

McDuffie is a RS candidate to put on some bulk. Feature him as a 5th-year Sr! I doubt Hamilton will opt for a RS. He's already had a prep year after HS.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hahahaha! Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    That's the starting lineup I've got.
                    First off the bench - in no particular order - Morris, Kelly, Brown, Shamet. Then after Dec. 12, add Frankamp to the first off the bench group.

I'm expecting a repeat of the 3-headed monster at Center with Nurger as the third option and getting meaningful minutes. Wamukota and Morris are foul-prone and they can be with 3 players able to play the position.

That's 5 Seniors with the opportunity for the most minutes. Then 5 Sophomores and a Freshman getting backup minutes.

That's a solid 11-deep roster without using Taylor, McDuffie, or Hamilton.

McDuffie is a RS candidate to put on some bulk. Feature him as a 5th-year Sr! I doubt Hamilton will opt for a RS. He's already had a prep year after HS.
                    I agree with the above.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I agree with the Three Headed Monster 2.0, Morris, Bush, Nurger. Morris will spend some time at the 4 when Grady is taking a break. And of course Fred running the show with Ron and Evan on the wings.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        I agree with the Three Headed Monster 2.0, Morris, Bush, Nurger. Morris will spend some time at the 4 when Grady is taking a break. And of course Fred running the show with Ron and Evan on the wings.
                        Yes!!! Three Headed Monster 2.0 sounds good to me, it was a blast the first time around and should be just as much fun this time too

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          I agree that there will be a 3 headed monster but I think that Grady will bounce back and forth (4-5). All five big guys will play either the 4 and/or 5 at first, but one of them will be marginalized as the year moves forward, playing less and less because Brown or Wessel will play some 4 too.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I agree that there will be a 3 headed monster but I think that Grady will bounce back and forth (4-5). All five big guys will play either the 4 and/or 5 at first, but one of them will be marginalized as the year moves forward, playing less and less because Brown or Wessel will play some 4 too.
                            I think this is true. With CF missing the first several games ZB will see early time at the 2.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

This is great. I like your views but I also have a question, do you think the lack of a great athlete in the starting lineup will be the Achilles heel of the team?
                              Anybody who would mildly suggest that Ron Baker and Evan Wessel are not great athletes is boldly mistaken. Perhaps not tall, slender, wiry prototype basketball player-types, but athletes. Wessel was all-state football and basketball...that qualifies in my book at athletic. I haven't seen Anton, yet, either. Perhaps Fred and Shaq do not bring the "athlete" label to mind as the first descriptor, but we all know about what those two can do on the playing surface.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                @SHOXMVC, why do you play high flying 6-8, 260 lb Shaq Morris at the 4 and below the rim 6-8, 230 lb Anton Grady at the five?
                                Maybe because Marshall indicates how crafty Grady is and the moves he has around the basket. Having Grady in the low post with Ron, Fred, Connor and Brown/Kelly on the circle really takes advantage of Grady's passing abilities. There should be some wide open threes OR a lot of easy post moves with that kind of a lineup on the floor.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X