Lindys top10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Speaking of coaches calling time outs anyone catch Brian Kelly ice the Longhorn kicker twice? He made two 50 yarders that didn't count and then missed the 3rd attempt...classic.
    Not exactly on topic, Boston, but we've seen that before and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Do you suppose the folks in Austin would have been happier about losing 38-6 instead of 38-3?

Getting back to basketball, if coaches can't call sideline TOs when the ball is live, it just makes it that much more important to have a "coach on the floor." Not too many teams do, but I suspect that if FVV knew he needed to be alert for such situations, he could handle it.

Comment

The ball is not live until it is thrown in, right? So, a coach can call a time out in this exact situation.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
        The ball is not live until it is thrown in, right? So, a coach can call a time out in this exact situation.
        isn't the ball live after a made basket? the clock still runs, the referee doesn't have to touch the basketball.. just grab the basketball and throw it in right away, which the pro's do quite well.

'not sure though.
        Last edited by another shocker; September 10, 2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I believe the new rule this season would eliminate Gregg's ability to call that timeout again, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I believe the new rule this season would eliminate Gregg's ability to call that timeout again, but I could be mistaken.
            Correct. No timeouts during live play. Also eliminated the 5 second "closely guarded" rule, moved the lane arc out a foot, and removed the ban on dunking in warmups. And the shot clock going to 30 obviously.

Athlon yearbook has an article and summary on the dozen or so changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post
              Correct. No timeouts during live play. Also eliminated the 5 second "closely guarded" rule, moved the lane arc out a foot, and removed the ban on dunking in warmups. And the shot clock going to 30 obviously.

Athlon yearbook has an article and summary on the dozen or so changes.
              Can you send a link?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Can you send a link?
                SURE! Hope this helps.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post

SURE! Hope this helps.
                  Here's another link; those were the good ole days my friends...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Can you send a link?
                    I love the fact that you never actually got a link like you were hoping. You just got a bunch of nonsense instead...even after 8 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                      I just feel they have IU making a pretty big jump. Even though we beat KU, they are returning almost all of their impact players from last year. I get why some are high on them. Indiana is returning a good group of guys too, but going from fringe top 25 to top 5 is a big leap.
                      It's the same team coming back that went 20-14. They are awful defensively and their offense, on which any of these predictions are predicated on, gets worse as the season goes on. I'm not sure why people all of the sudden think the same players will make the leap from 20-14, 9-9 to even the Top 25. I'm hopeful for improvment, but I think that improvement I'm expecting realistically puts them at, say, 22-12 or 23-11 (based on the same number of games played last year). Good, but not a ranked team in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        I love the fact that you never actually got a link like you were hoping. You just got a bunch of nonsense instead...even after 8 hours.
                        That's because some disrespectful, smartassed, Jayhawk-lovin', jerkwad derailed the thread with a picture of an MSU athletic department fund-raiser campaign ad.

Comment

That's because some disrespectful, smartassed, Jayhawk-lovin', jerkwad derailed the thread with a picture of an MSU athletic department fund-raiser campaign ad.
                          OOOHHHH...them there look like fightin words. :)
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Jayhawk-lovin'

Comment

Excuse me, but isn't Athlon yearbook a print publication and only available at newstands or by subscription? The smart-ass replies may have been a comment on the difficulty of linking to a magazine.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Excuse me, but isn't Athlon yearbook a print publication and only available at newstands or by subscription? The smart-ass replies may have been a comment on the difficulty of linking to a magazine.
                                I don't need problems, I need solutions!

Comment

Working...
                                X