Lindys top10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    Even better than the Self meltdown is the Marshall ownage look.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

that video shot- marshall had just called a timeout from the sidelines when it looked like the shockers might not get the ball inbounds within five seconds (ku was pressing after a made basket), as we've seen him do many times. bill self didn't like it, thus the gesture at marshall.. wahhh wahhh

Comment

Can almost see 3G thinking...I would really enjoy making this look like as much of an ass as he is, but he seems to do it himself better than anyone else ever could.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Some of you are playing the disrespect card when someone gives us a pre-season ranking of #7? My goodness. Get a grip.
          On point, Kel. Just what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Even better than the Self meltdown is the Marshall ownage look.
            Classic!

Comment

this little clip absolutely and totally expresses, better than anything else, what happened in that game. It's one of my fave all-time clips. It still makes me laugh.

I'm going to have to replay the game at that point to hear the announcers. I believe they gave some meaning to the camera shots that were telecast.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Marshall's look is so fantastic. "I've got Fred, Ron, and Tekele...and an 8 point lead. Your move."

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  that video shot- marshall had just called a timeout from the sidelines when it looked like the shockers might not get the ball inbounds within five seconds (ku was pressing after a made basket), as we've seen him do many times. bill self didn't like it, thus the gesture at marshall.. wahhh wahhh
                  Bill couldn't figure out how Marshall could possibly have Timeouts to spare for such an occasion that late in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Marshall's look is so fantastic. "I've got Fred, Ron, and Tekele...and an 8 point lead. Your move."
                    We call that checkmate!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                      Bill couldn't figure out how Marshall could possibly have Timeouts to spare for such an occasion that late in a game.
                      Can you guess which coach puts more trust in his experienced players to manage the game on the floor? And which coach has the players to have earned that trust?

Comment

This wonderful discussion has me streaming the game at work.

Life. Is. Good.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

and then after that timeout that so upset bill self, wichita state ran a full court fast break to perfection against the press right down their throats for a three point play (but carter missed the "and 1"). i've said it before, it was almost like the ku team, staff, fans, all of them, didn't even realize that wichita state runs top-of-the-line skills drills too.. same as uk, duke and unc do. tops in the country.

at least we know that anybody that says that wichita state will turn into chopped liver once baker and van vleet leave are to be pittied and not scorned. now, if/when gregg marshall leaves..

sidenote: i believe that coaches being able to call a timeout from the sidelines on certain plays has been abolished this year. hmm.. (found it.. a coach can no longer call a timeout when the ball is live).
                          Last edited by another shocker; September 9, 2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Speaking of coaches calling time outs anyone catch Brian Kelly ice the Longhorn kicker twice? He made two 50 yarders that didn't count and then missed the 3rd attempt...classic.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              and then after that timeout that so upset bill self, wichita state ran a full court fast break to perfection against the press right down their throats for a three point play (but carter missed the "and 1").
                              Check out the foul that Perry committed on Darius on that fast break. Doc pointed this one out to me. Perry basically gave Darius a forearm right to the chest, not playing the ball at all. I am not sure you can call it flagrant in the heat of action, but it was definitely a frustration foul.
                              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                Check out the foul that Perry committed on Darius on that fast break. Doc pointed this one out to me. Perry basically gave Darius a forearm right to the chest, not playing the ball at all. I am not sure you can call it flagrant in the heat of action, but it was definitely a frustration foul.
                                yeah, i saw that. ku got caught with their pants down. but the one that really bothered me was the flagrant against cotton when he was going in for the bad-mamma-jamma. ku didn't exactly bathe themselves in glory, even in a losing effort while trying to hang tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X