Lindys top10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindys top10

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Lindys-Sports-releases-preseason-college-basketball-top-10-39102225
    Four of the five power conferences are represented near the top of the Lindy's preseason poll with a mid-major powerhouse also included in their top 10.
    Wow so KU is a mid major powerhouse
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Of course...we return two probable All-Americans and yet TWO of the teams we BEAT just last March are a couple notches higher. I wouldn't have expected any different.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

But but but... We lost cleanthony early?

Wait.

In all seriousness though, we lost the inside presence of 6'7" center, Darius Carter? I mean, yeah, but no.
      And yeah we did lose Tekele, which is a really big deal. We Shocker fans know how big of a deal that is, but honestly, he was never someone that got much hype from the media so I'm not sure how they look at our returning team and assume they will take a step back at any position.

It must come down to recruiting stock stuff. Good luck with that. I'll hang my hat on our proven guys :)

Comment

Yeah, we lost a 6'2" guy who was playing a forward position and a 6'7" Center. We brought back our 6'4" PF.

A team that we thumped by 13 points lost a top-10 NBA pick, but their Fr class is going to be so awesome that they will be better than a team returning 2 AA guards.

The reality is that KU is a national name brand and is going to get a lot of media bias and hype (gotta get everybody to watch the high-dallar ads games). WSU is arriving as a national brand. Everybody's thinking Marshall is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to stay relevant after Baker and VanVleet graduate.

That might be true. The last time Marshall was expected to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat, he pulled out a rhinoceros that charged its' way to a F4.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Comment

Hard to complain about a #7 preseason ranking, especially considering that the one to care about is still months away, and yet in some ways the ammunition just keeps piling up for Marshall.

Comment

Some of you are playing the disrespect card when someone gives us a pre-season ranking of #7? My goodness. Get a grip.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Some of you are playing the disrespect card when someone gives us a pre-season ranking of #7? My goodness. Get a grip.
                I don't think it's the actual position that bothers people most, but the justification. Somehow when we lose players to graduation it's always a bad thing and our new players will take time to develop. This seems particularly ludicrous when a team returns two AA guards (and has a whole bunch of freshmen becoming sophomores).

But when *insert P5 school* gets incoming freshmen they are always viewed as an upgrade over the departing seniors and NBA draft picks.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I think you may be missing the point. I thought the same thing you are saying because I am happy about all of our preseason rankings in general but whether or not the ranking was high/very respectful is not the point. I think 7 is amazing. I was only jokingly trying to point by out that it's funny that a handful of schools in particular are higher. I would have made the same point no matter where each team was actually ranked, whether it be in the top 10 or only the top 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    I don't think it's the actual position that bothers people most, but the justification. Somehow when we lose players to graduation it's always a bad thing and our new players will take time to develop. This seems particularly ludicrous when a team returns two AA guards (and has a whole bunch of freshmen becoming sophomores).

But when *insert P5 school* gets incoming freshmen they are always viewed as an upgrade over the departing seniors and NBA draft picks.
                    This

Comment

Although I'm certain that most KU folks are very happy with this ranking. It's too bad it will be the only time all season. KU fans get very defensive whenever the Shockers are ranked ahead of them so I can see why they must really appreciate the love. They would definitely think WSU should just be happy we are even getting mentioned as members of the NCAA at all, let alone ranked or in the top ten right next to them. Hopefully their team lives up to the hype and doesn't perform like Texas did last year... for their defensive fanbase's sake.

Too many years of winning the big 12 and then getting exposed in the dance or worse, beaten by a Valley team has to be wearing the on them.

Comment

It's September 8th and your act is already very tiresome.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have more problem with Indiana being ahead of us than KU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            This is one of the things that will get lost on people if they are rushing to defend KU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                              Indiana came much closer to beating WSU than KU did.

Comment

Working...
                              X