2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    "Ranking the 11 worst Sweet 16/Elite Eight choke jobs in Big Dance history" - Sporting News

We only made the list once, but another team North of us, made it twice. Actually, we didn't make the list, we caused someone to make the list.

What sweet memories all...

Comment

"Ranking the 11 worst Sweet 16/Elite Eight choke jobs in Big Dance history" - Sporting News

We only made the list once, but another team North of us, made it twice. Actually, we didn't make the list, we caused someone to make the list.
      I don't get how that's considered a "choke job". They were a good team, and we were a team loaded with talent that was as healthy as it had been since the first nine games of that year (we were still missing our best three point shooter that year), and we were playing the best basketball we had played all year.

Then again, they're probably the same people who would say Gonzaga choked against us, even though it took an incredible offensive outburst to top the Zags. If they hadn't run into us, they were a Final Four team, if not more. That team will never get the respect they deserved

Comment

There is a difference to the "Biggest Upsets" and the "Biggest Choke Jobs". WSU beating Ohio St from the beginning to the end is neither.

Perhaps they should consider this year's Virginia/Syracuse game. That was a choke job.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          There is a difference to the "Biggest Upsets" and the "Biggest Choke Jobs". WSU beating Ohio St from the beginning to the end is neither.

Perhaps they should consider this year's Virginia/Syracuse game. That was a choke job.
          Yes, that list was garbage. Ohio St. was a bigger choke job than Kansas against VCU? Get real.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• The shocking thing here is...I did not realize the Sporting News was still in business....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                The shocking thing here is...I did not realize the Sporting News was still in business....:)
                They are one of four All American lists that is used by the NCAA for determining the Consensus All Americans.

Comment

• "Calipari Call for More Transparency in NCAA Seeding" - ESPN

University of Kentucky Basketball Coach John Calipari mentions how Wichita State got screwed with their seeding this year. Begins at the two minute mark.

I think you will see a few changes to the method of team selections with at least more information being share regarding teams prior to NCAA Selection day.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• [QUOTE=WuShock Reaper;651523]"Calipari Call for More Transparency in NCAA Seeding" - ESPN

University of Kentucky Basketball Coach John Calipari mentions how Wichita State got screwed with their seeding this year. Begins at the two minute mark.

Weren't we ranked in one of the polls going into the last week of the season? And very high in the other one?

Comment

• I used to hate Cal.... for some reason, I really like him now. He is who he is, and I appreciate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                        I used to hate Cal.... for some reason, I really like him now. He is who he is, and I appreciate that.
                        He's going all Donald Trump on everybody.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          He's going all Donald Trump on everybody.
                          Good! Someone has too.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Weren't we a victim of that '87 DePaul team in the 1st round? And to Mason in the Sweet 16 in 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Weren't we a victim of that '87 DePaul team in the 1st round? And to Mason in the Sweet 16 in 2006.
                              We lost to DePaul in 88.

We lost to St. Johns in 87. Oh if only Sasha's reach had been just a little longer.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Oh if only Sasha's reach had been just a little longer.
                                That's what she said.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X