2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
    I got in a twitter fight with svp last week. I was really tempted to rub it in last night. :)
    Link?
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      NOC but since I'm up here in KC I was listening to the local sports shows and I always forget that HCGM is not liked up here by the radio folk. Basically it is all the **** that we LOVE about him they hate. We say he is passionate, they say he whines. We say he coaches great defense, they say he coaches dirty players. We love the defensive style, they say it is boring basketball. Etc. etc. I could tell they didn't REALLY watch the game because they kept calling it a blowout and then referencing the half time score.

I wouldn't expect anything else up here.

They were too busy slobbering over the idea of FGCU beating UNC and getting the first 16 over a 1.
      810/610 are some of the most entitled and elitist sports personalities out there. This doesn't suprise me.
      The Assman

Comment

NOC but since I'm up here in KC I was listening to the local sports shows and I always forget that HCGM is not liked up here by the radio folk. Basically it is all the **** that we LOVE about him they hate. We say he is passionate, they say he whines. We say he coaches great defense, they say he coaches dirty players. We love the defensive style, they say it is boring basketball. Etc. etc. I could tell they didn't REALLY watch the game because they kept calling it a blowout and then referencing the half time score.

They were too busy slobbering over the idea of FGCU beating UNC and getting the first 16 over a 1.
        I heard Fescoe talking about whether now was the time for GM to jump to a P5 school since the cupboard will be bare with FVV and Baker leaving......
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I heard Fescoe talking about whether now was the time for GM to jump to a P5 school since the cupboard will be bare with FVV and Baker leaving......
          I hear that from a lot of my KC friends/KU fans. Apparently they don't follow recruiting much.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Heard that this morning too. I cant stand that guy. They talk about their personal lives more than sports and love to stir the pot with that kind of dribble.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Jason King Verified account 
              ‏@JasonKingBR
              I'm pretty sure Gregg Marshall could show up with five 6-footers he plucked out of a frat house and beat half the teams/coaches in the SEC.

Comment

• "How far can Wichita State go in NCAA tourney?"Jay Bilas with ESPN

Gives his thoughts on the outlook for the Shockers.

Jay Bilas breaks down how far he believes Wichita State can go in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Jason King Verified account 
                  ‏@JasonKingBR
                  I'm pretty sure Gregg Marshall could show up with five 6-footers he plucked out of a frat house and beat half the teams/coaches in the SEC.
                  Shots fired!
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    "How far can Wichita State go in NCAA tourney?"Jay Bilas with ESPN

Gives his thoughts on the outlook for the Shockers.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14986038
                    I feel pretty confident with our bigs. They've been tested several times throughout the year in games with Utah, UNLV, E'Ville, NMSU, and Vanderbilt. Obviously they'll get another one Thursday against Arizona.

Comment

• "Bracket Breakdown: Wichita State defeats Vanderbilt 70-50"

CBS Sports 'Bracket Breakdown' analysts discuss Wichita State's 70-50 victory over Vanderbilt in the NCAA Tournament First Four round.

Comment

Fescoe is tone deaf and lacks the ability to connect the dots... Apparently never heard of Landry Shamet who played right under his nose in KC. That speaks volumes about the tiny universe he lives in...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Not all of the KC Sports guys are anti WSU. Steven St. John is a big fan and talks up the Shox and Marshall a lot. The guys who follow Fescoe (at least one) is also respectful. TJ Carpenter is also respectful.

But most are KU/Big12/Power5 homers.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• "Wichita St.-Arizona Preview" - Yahoo Sports, By JOHN KEKIS (AP Sports Writer)

Comment

• Kevin Kietzman was raving about the Shox today.

Very complimentary and had holtus on who is always in the Shox corner.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "Bracket Breakdown: Will Wichita State dominate Arizona?" - CBS Sports Network

Our "Bracket Breakdown" analysts discuss Wichita State's chances of defeating Arizona.

Comment

Working...
                                X