No announcement yet.

2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown 1-68......and THE WILD CARD.

The wild card

One of the best 15 teams in the country barely made it into the NCAA tournament. You won't believe what happens next.

29. Wichita State Shockers
    In their four years at Wichita State, Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker have played in a Final Four, engineered a 35-1 campaign and gone to the Sweet 16. VanVleet's early-season injury ensured this team's résumé would never live up to its actual basketball ability, which is how the nation's best per-possession defense enters the tournament as one of its most underrated (and underseeded).

Comment

• I hope to live long enough to one day see a day where WSU is overseeded.

I've seen enough of being underseeded to last 2 lifetimes.

Comment

• I guess you could call me paranoid, but I am old enough to remember a lot. It just seems that whenever we beat KU, strange or bad things happen to us. We always pay in some way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
          I guess you could call me paranoid, but I am old enough to remember a lot. It just seems that whenever we beat KU, strange or bad things happen to us. We always pay in some way.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
            So no one next year will be arguing that the committee doesn't have it in for us. Very obvious they do!
            But is it the committee that has it in for us, or the talking heads at CBS that like to get in their ear. Sometimes makes me wonder. Based on the reasoning behind some teams inclusion being different than the reasoning for others, and the fact that before the bracket was released, ZERO on bracket matrix had Tulsa in, could OU proximity to Tulsa and the chair being from OU have anything to do with their inclusion? Or, were there really just a bunch of basketball ignorant folks in that room?
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Let's roll the balls out and see what happens.
              "Let 'em hang!" - Fred VanVleet
              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/...caa-tournament WSU talked bout in vid
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  But is it the committee that has it in for us, or the talking heads at CBS that like to get in their ear. Sometimes makes me wonder. Based on the reasoning behind some teams inclusion being different than the reasoning for others, and the fact that before the bracket was released, ZERO on bracket matrix had Tulsa in, could OU proximity to Tulsa and the chair being from OU have anything to do with their inclusion? Or, were there really just a bunch of basketball ignorant folks in that room?
                  I think those two are too intertwined to separate them. Both the NCAA and CBS make a lot of money off this thing.

Comment

• The most likely scenario is that the people in that room are incompetent. Stop with the nonsense "they have it in for us!" talk.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      The most likely scenario is that the people in that room are incompetent. Stop with the nonsense "they have it in for us!" talk.
                      I don't think that's the most likely scenario. The most likely scenario is that $$$ is driving decisions in that room. It's not that they have it out for "us". Unless "Us" consists of a group of teams that is not in the primary money making group for CBS and the NCAA. Then, yes, they do have it out for "us".

Comment

• Page 3 if you don't want to read the entire article...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Boston Globe listing top 10 possible upset. Both WSU and UNI are listed

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Page 3 if you don't want to read the entire article...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...cid=spartandhp
                            Hope their right!
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Jim Rome is trying to get Marshall on between 1-2 today

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                The most likely scenario is that the people in that room are incompetent. Stop with the nonsense "they have it in for us!" talk.
                                Meh. One can make a reasonable case that there are biases against non-power 5 teams built into the criteria and also subjectively with who they choose based on their criteria. That isn't "they have it in for us" but it does begin to explain why we are fairly consistently seeded worse than our rating per the best objective analytics.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X