X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sports - Ranking all 351 teams.

WSU comes in at #9, which prompts our favorite common-tater:

Doug Gottlieb @GottliebShow
    .@MattNorlander @Gary:ParrishCBS Wichita State has two very good college players, lost their best big,best defender - #9 is really high

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      CBS Sports - Ranking all 351 teams.

Classic. 4 top 100 players (CF, ZB, LS, MM), a fifth year senior starter (EW), a player of the year transfer (AG), a returning MVC all freshman team (SM)...
      And these guys say "WSU only has two good players" and "they lost a lot"

Comment

• Gottlieb just enjoys firing up WSU fans. He says they are only about a 20-30 ranked team. Says Shox lost their best big defender in Carter (didn't he play most of last year with 4 fouls?). Says WSU has 2 good 'college' players in Baker and Fred... but that WSU lost their soul in Cotton. Doug being Doug. Don't feed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
          Gottlieb just enjoys firing up WSU fans. He says they are only about a 20-30 ranked team. Says Shox lost their best big defender in Carter (didn't he play most of last year with 4 fouls?). Says WSU has 2 good 'college' players in Baker and Fred... but that WSU lost their soul in Cotton. Doug being Doug. Don't feed him.
          Last year he talked about how much of a detriment Carter was to our team, now he is a big loss. Gottlieb just has his head up his posterior orifice searching for stolen credit cards from his college days.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• 9. Wichita State: Shockers will probably win the MVC again because Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker are the two best players in the conference. It's amazing Gregg Marshall has continued to keep WSU this nationally relevant.

Thanks for the top ten ranking. The rest of the backhanded compliment is practically a joke. "Probably win the MVC"? Common..

Comment

Gottlieb just enjoys firing up WSU fans. He says they are only about a 20-30 ranked team. Says Shox lost their best big defender in Carter (didn't he play most of last year with 4 fouls?). Says WSU has 2 good 'college' players in Baker and Fred... but that WSU lost their soul in Cotton. Doug being Doug. Don't feed him.
              Yeah, his schitck doesn't even fire me up anymore, beyond looking forward to watching our team make him look like the idiot we already know he is :)

Comment

• Living rent free...
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  Living rent free...
                  On other people's credit...

Thief and Felon Doug Gottlieb: http://articles.latimes.com/1996-09-..._doug-gottlieb

And no desire to repent: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...arrick-sherman
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

He meant best big = Carter and best defender = Cotton. I agree with ShockerEngineer in that I only see him like an annoying gnat that keeps flying around my keyboard, he can't get me really pissed off anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      On other people's credit...

Thief and Felon Doug Gottlieb: http://articles.latimes.com/1996-09-..._doug-gottlieb

And no desire to repent: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...arrick-sherman
                      Oh these will be grand next time I'm able to suck Goatlube into a Twitter bludgeoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                        He meant best big = Carter and best defender = Cotton. I agree with ShockerEngineer in that I only see him like an annoying gnat that keeps flying around my keyboard, he can't get me really pissed off anymore.
                        He doesn't really piss me off any more either, but I do enjoy messing with him. Logic is not one of his strong points, which makes it rather enjoyable.

Comment

• He says he's accurately picked WSU's ranking every year? Any links as to where he picked them to finish in 2013?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            CBS Sports - Ranking all 351 teams.

I still wonder how that guy has a job. He thinks he knows what he's taking about but he doesn't. He just rambles and rambles never making coherent arguments. He also regurgitates a lot of common information and likes to pawn it off as his own. He's a horrible commentator. And most importantly, he absolutely cannot hit a 10 foot jump shot to save his life.

I don't get it. I just don't.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

He says he's accurately picked WSU's ranking every year? Any links as to where he picked them to finish in 2013?

I don't see them in his 25+1

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                Holy cow his list isn't just bad, it's indefensible.

Edit: Just noticed the link is preseason from 2013 - I whooshed that this was disproving the "I predict WSU accurately every year" chest thump. Looks like he def nailed it that year.

Comment

Working...
                                X